• 6(current)
'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source
I certainly didn't mean to misquote, I actually mean to ONLY leave in the line starting "Like I said....".

The @antoniong stayed in by mistake, but even so I don't think any reasonable reader would think I attributed Shenkie's statement to you. If they did then I apologise, withdraw and blame the wine.

(2014-08-12, 11:06)Shenkie Wrote: @ nickr;

I understand fully what GPL is and i never said that charging is a problem. Like a stated before, they are saying that THEY developed this NEW software which is not true and a kick in the nuts to the openelec , addons , skin developers.

I think that they don't want to share the source because it will spread quickly trough the net and ruin their only business model.

Indeed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Me Neither! Nothing but respect Smile
I'm not a complete IT noob. the image provided by antoining isn't working for this new pi (4 usbports) Ethernet doesn't work. But I have openelec with XMBC running and am installing usefull addons (suggestions welcome)

update on my story:

Still no card... no response from Ditv.
preparing a mail and decided to send the whole thing back - get myself a raspberry and install the software myself.
the 414 and the 36 414 are the same versions and are not the "dit is tv" the ONe.

the 36 looks older than the version ditvv33dd310714 thats is on there blog under updates for version3.

Version 3 and proberly 4 to, is just openlec with sio-2 skin.
changed banner and icons and renamed it ditistv skin.

It is has many cool addons preinstalled, and with favorites instead of addons in the Sio-2 skin, very easy to use.
I used there idea in my one xbmc with sio-2 skin, looks nice.

I am very curious about there new version. I see its just released on usenet as: [DitIStv]The One (8gb SD)
(2014-09-03, 12:21)nr1rhg Wrote: the 414 and the 36 414 are the same versions and are not the "dit is tv" the ONe.

the 36 looks older than the version ditvv33dd310714 thats is on there blog under updates for version3.

It is has many cool addons preinstalled, and with favorites instead of addons in the Sio-2 skin, very easy to use.

I am very curious about there new version. I see its just released on usenet as: [DitIStv]The One (8gb SD)

Would be great if someone could upload it as a torrent.
Reading through this topic made me very curious. I am interested to see what sort of changes they did and how it affects performance on the pi.

I do not have a usnet account anymore since I moved to Indonesia because the internet is so dreadfully slow here that there is no point in having a costly usnet account.
(2014-09-09, 18:19)psysfaction Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 12:21)nr1rhg Wrote: the 414 and the 36 414 are the same versions and are not the "dit is tv" the ONe.

Would be great if someone could upload it as a torrent.
Reading through this topic made me very curious. I am interested to see what sort of changes they did and how it affects performance on the pi.

I do not have a usnet account anymore since I moved to Indonesia because the internet is so dreadfully slow here that there is no point in having a costly usnet account.

Don't expect any top no-notch fixes/patches/changes. Everything you need to know regarding performance can be found on this forum.
Has anyone got their hands on this new "their own developed "The One"" image? They are now promoting sport streams by using the dooremolen addon. are they using gotham now on open elec beta or still some older version?
(2014-09-26, 11:58)Shenkie Wrote: Has anyone got their hands on this new "their own developed "The One"" image? They are now promoting sport streams by using the dooremolen addon. are they using gotham now on open elec beta or still some older version?

OpenELEC, just check manual https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ditis...he-One.pdf
(2014-09-26, 11:58)Shenkie Wrote: Has anyone got their hands on this new "their own developed "The One"" image? They are now promoting sport streams by using the dooremolen addon. are they using gotham now on open elec beta or still some older version?

Jip open elec and xbmc 13.2.

The super favorites folders are very nice, with custom icons.

There image is on posted on newsgroups.
(2014-09-26, 12:52)nr1rhg Wrote:

Can you posts some screens from it?
(2014-09-26, 12:59)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 12:52)nr1rhg Wrote:

Can you posts some screens from it?

Screens? watch this review m8:
http://vimeo.com/99050500
The new version is faster. Overclocked to 900Mhz. Lol
Inspecting "the one" that is going around.
Any idea what this is? :

Code:
tcp        1      0 OpenELEC.local:33556    srv11-194.vkontakte.ru:http CLOSE_WAIT
tcp        1      0 OpenELEC.local:33555    srv11-194.vkontakte.ru:http CLOSE_WAIT

Seems to be russian facebook alternative. Not sure how that relates to the one.
Can someone send me a link where i can download it from.
I would like to check this version.
(2014-10-07, 08:04)derksuh Wrote: Can someone send me a link where i can download it from.
I would like to check this version.

What makes you think anyone here wants to point you to infringing software?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'DITisTV' violating XBMC's GPLv2. Refusing to share source2