• 151(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
@ BigNoid - Not sure if you caught my edit on post #2245 (I had been contemplating making a new reply when I made the edit.)

That post still has my debug logs, but below is what the VideoExtras addon creator mentioned regarding this issue I'm seeing:
Quote:Thanks for the details - it looks like there is an error in the skin, in that it is calling VideoExtras without a valid last argument:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

It appears we are being called with an empty string as the last argument, so it just isn't possible to work out what you want extras for.

i.e. "$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]" is not being set before VideoExtras is being called.

Hope this helps

Rob

Are you able to tell if the skin is indeed not passing a valid last argument in the scenario of pulling up the addon from the general TV show info screen? It seems to work fine when the addon is pulled up from an episode specific info screen, so I have to imagine that the proper code (a valid last argument) was provided in that case. Is it possible that the proper call-out be replicated between cases? (I'm not a programmer, so apologies if I'm simplifying the issue here).

Your help on this is greatly appreciated!
Huh i have added some movie genre icons but i can only get them to display in when the view is set to wide, low list, glass list, or right list. Any help out there for a n00b - pretty please Wink
(2014-09-24, 18:10)Magic815 Wrote: @ BigNoid - Not sure if you caught my edit on post #2245 (I had been contemplating making a new reply when I made the edit.)

That post still has my debug logs, but below is what the VideoExtras addon creator mentioned regarding this issue I'm seeing:
Quote:Thanks for the details - it looks like there is an error in the skin, in that it is calling VideoExtras without a valid last argument:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

It appears we are being called with an empty string as the last argument, so it just isn't possible to work out what you want extras for.

i.e. "$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]" is not being set before VideoExtras is being called.

Hope this helps

Rob

Are you able to tell if the skin is indeed not passing a valid last argument in the scenario of pulling up the addon from the general TV show info screen? It seems to work fine when the addon is pulled up from an episode specific info screen, so I have to imagine that the proper code (a valid last argument) was provided in that case. Is it possible that the proper call-out be replicated between cases? (I'm not a programmer, so apologies if I'm simplifying the issue here).

Your help on this is greatly appreciated!

Now it makes sense. FilenameAndPath is always empty for tvshows. They need to adjust their wiki to add this code:
Code:
                <onclick condition="!Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.Path]")</onclick>

Will push a fix to git shortly.
Just downloaded this theme and its amazing. I have one question though I was trying to change the font to Arial based so that I can read the arabic font in some addons. But I noticed that option wasn't available. Does anyone know a solution for this?
@BigNoid

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but if you select settings from the shutdown menu while an info screen is visible, the settings will open behind the info screen.
@BigNoid - Thanks for the VideoExtras fix on git! I pulled down the latest and it seems to work perfectly.

I had one last question regarding your skin and the implementation of that addon. In the addon's wiki, it mentions that with the right .xml editing, we can actually get an 'Extras' button to appear on the information pages. Now I definitely understand if you don't want to hard code this change into your full release, but would you happen to know what modification I could make to the "custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml" file to get it to work for my case?

Here is the info from the wiki:
Quote:10.3 Skin Modifications

A skin modification is required in order to see the extras button in the UI and enjoy all the features. This is a fairly simple process but will depend on your selected skin. The file that needs modified is DialogVideoInfo.xml (in Aeon Nox 5 it is custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml). This is the code needed for the default confluence skin.

Add to the top of the file (after <window>):
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">
    XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

Add to near the foot of the file after the last control statement:
Code:
<control type="button" id="105">
    <description>Extras</description>
    <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
    <label>Extras</label>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onclick>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)
     + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(TVShows)
     | Container.Content(musicvideos)]
     + IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("HideVideoExtrasButton"))</visible>
</control>

You should be able to use something similar for other skins.

I tried the above exact edit to the .xml file, but it didn't seem to work. I'd love to get this showing up in your skin!
How do I get the View that I select, to stay as the default view? I'm selecting ShowCase, but when I leave the menu I'm in, and return later, it goes back to List View.
(2014-09-25, 05:17)lennie paz Wrote: How do I get the View that I select, to stay as the default view? I'm selecting ShowCase, but when I leave the menu I'm in, and return later, it goes back to List View.

I think the views are specific to media types and playlists. If you select Showcase for Movies, for example, then all movie-related submenus will default to Showcase. If you navigate to Movies>>Year and switch to List view, then all remaining movie views will be in List view. Switch to Movies>>Sets and select Low List. Now you have three defaults:

Movies are defaulted to Showcase
Movies>>Year are defaulted to List
Movies>>Sets are defaulted to Low List

All remaining movie views are defaulted to Low List (the last chosen view) until changed. The trick is changing the view within a submenu will in effect save it when you come back. Control over view choices could be improved greatly, but this is how it works currently.

Smart Playlists have their own specific view presets and sort methods based on the last chosen view.
I just started using aeon nox 5 last night. There are a few things I'm trying to figure out. In the movies section, I like the infopane but I really miss having the resolution readily available (480, 720, 1080). When I get info on the movie it shows there as well as a few other views but not when I use infopane. Is there a way I can fix this?
(2014-09-26, 13:51)sp00ky Wrote: I just started using aeon nox 5 last night. There are a few things I'm trying to figure out. In the movies section, I like the infopane but I really miss having the resolution readily available (480, 720, 1080). When I get info on the movie it shows there as well as a few other views but not when I use infopane. Is there a way I can fix this?

You would have to choose another view that has the resolution included. There are a few that have the codec and resolution incorporated.
(2014-07-28, 02:26)Steveb Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 16:58)pbateman Wrote: When you go into full screen while playing music, is there a way to make the Music OSD static? It disappears after a 5-10 seconds, and just shows visualization.

There is a advancedsetting for that, see advancedsettings.xml "songinfoduration".
It controls how long the info is displayed.
Quote:"This controls how long the song information will remain onscreen when the song changes during visualisations. The valid range is "1" to "Indefinite (0)", in seconds. This does not include the duration of any transition effects."

If you want it to be static set it to..

<songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>
what the hell i'm doing wrong ?
cant seems to get it to work.

<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

am i doing something wrong?
Not positive but I think it should be-
Code:
<advancedsettings>
       <music>
       </music>
</advancedsettings>
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-24, 22:26)sialivi Wrote: @BigNoid

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but if you select settings from the shutdown menu while an info screen is visible, the settings will open behind the info screen.

fixed, thx.
Good news. thanks to phil65 next update will have infoline for smart playlists Smile
Hi All,
Not sure if this is an Aeon Nox question or a Gotham question, but figured I'd start here. I have added artwork files to my movie library (poster, fanart, logo, banner, clearart, disc, landscape). However, when xbmc reads the movie library, on many (not all) movies it is only detecting the poster and fanart files. I then have to manually go in and associate the rest of the artwork with the movies. Very tedious to say the least.

Any idea why the other art files sometimes don't get detected automatically? Is there a special procedure required to make it happen?

Thanks!
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537