• 178(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
(2014-09-29, 12:42)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 02:01)djhifi Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 12:04)Samu-rai Wrote: If you search this thread there is a mod for this.

1st: This thread has 177 pages.
2nd: Ive searched the last 30 pages and there is not
3rd: Can you help? And be more specific? Or pointing its easier?

With respect, if you don't have time or the patients to look through the thread and locate the information you require, do you really expect me to?

However, I just did a search with the keywords: movie sets disc logos & found it here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1732489

Im sorry if I sounded too harsh. I've found it myself yesterday. Thanks for the tip!
(2014-09-26, 20:20)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 23:37)megalodon Wrote: Since I upgraded to openelec 4.1.6 beta due to issues with the bios on my intel NUC I haven't had any issues with the music fullscreen but I have no doubt it will happen again soon. LOL

Let me know how you get on, OE 4.2.0 stable has just been released I am going to update all my HTPC's to that soon.

OpenELEC 4.1.6 Beta so far has been fine, there are a few issues with the fanart for the weather taking a while to display and sometimes if shows the weather as offline, i.e. with a line through it and no forecast but the movies etc are playing great. Its not crashed once. Any issues with 4.2.0?

For any one wanting to know about the Larger Logos and spinning discs code changes its on page 150.
(2014-09-30, 02:28)megalodon Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 20:20)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 23:37)megalodon Wrote: Since I upgraded to openelec 4.1.6 beta due to issues with the bios on my intel NUC I haven't had any issues with the music fullscreen but I have no doubt it will happen again soon. LOL

Let me know how you get on, OE 4.2.0 stable has just been released I am going to update all my HTPC's to that soon.

OpenELEC 4.1.6 Beta so far has been fine, there are a few issues with the fanart for the weather taking a while to display and sometimes if shows the weather as offline, i.e. with a line through it and no forecast but the movies etc are playing great. Its not crashed once. Any issues with 4.2.0?

For any one wanting to know about the Larger Logos and spinning discs code changes its on page 150.

The weather issue has been happening on my OE machine too, and I'm still running Frodo. It must be an intermittent addon issue.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I've just seen the Extended Info Script fail again when entering in to music playback full screen mode on OpenElec 4.2.0. First time its happened since I installed the new version of OE yesterday morning.

I can't say I have noticed any issues with the Weather section, appears to be OK at the moment anyway's.

My XBMC is still bombing out randomly when playing music and restarting itself. I don't know what is causing this, Lyrics add-on / Artist SlideShow add-on / LCD Proc add-on ? Or what ? Very difficult to get to the bottom of.

Over all I think Frodo was more stable than Gotham has been, I had far fewer issues on Frodo when I got that bedded in.

Cheers
@cw-kid - Possibly better to open a new thread for your issue and post a debug log and the crashlog from when this happens. Not really a skin related issue as far as I can tell right now.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-09-30, 14:42)black_eagle Wrote: @cw-kid - Possibly better to open a new thread for your issue and post a debug log and the crashlog from when this happens. Not really a skin related issue as far as I can tell right now.

Yes sorry your quite right! Taking this thread off topic somewhat, but I just wanted to discuss these issues with some other Aeon MQ5 users.

The Extended Info Script failing in full screen music playback mode, is kinda related to the skin as the skin needs updating to use the proper newer versions by Phil.

Cheers
(2014-09-30, 22:59)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-09-30, 14:42)black_eagle Wrote: @cw-kid - Possibly better to open a new thread for your issue and post a debug log and the crashlog from when this happens. Not really a skin related issue as far as I can tell right now.

Yes sorry your quite right! Taking this thread off topic somewhat, but I just wanted to discuss these issues with some other Aeon MQ5 users.

The Extended Info Script failing in full screen music playback mode, is kinda related to the skin as the skin needs updating to use the proper newer versions by Phil.

Cheers

I have upgraded to 4.2.0 stable and the weather seems to still have intermittent issues, It doesn't matter which weather pack I use. The only way I can get it to work is by selecting yahoo in the settings and returning to the main menu which then shows the large icon in the left hand window and the weather fan art and then going back and selecting weather underground and returning to the main menu to get all the weather for the days of the week, Its a shame because I never had any problems on the version I used before 4.1.6 beta. I always get a yellow line through a cloud on boot of OpenELEC.
Im still wondering after all these years of Aeon versions why Marcus doesn't ask Phil if he could build the extended info Script into Aeon MQ if phil has no time to support or update it anymore. At least it would be one less thing to manage.
Extended info script is built into MQ5, but each time Phil updates it, the skins need to be altered to accommodate the changes.

The weather area did have a red strike through it on one of my updated OpenElec 4.20 HTPCs. I went in to settings and disabled and then re-enabled the Weather Underground add-on and it seemed to cure it.

Extended Info Script is still crashing some times on OE 4.20 when entering music full screen mode, but no where near as much as it was on OE 4.0.7.

I think my XBMC is crashing and bombing out and auto restarting when in music full screen mode, because of the LCD Proc add-on both versions 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 seem to cause it. I've disabled it all together now and for a few days XBMC hasn't crashed out once in that time!

Weird though because the HTPC must have been running fine previously with LCD Proc v2.5.0 for months and never crashed out. So don't know what's changed recently?

Also there is nothing relating to LCD Proc in the logs when it crashes out, so the developer is saying he can't address the issue.

UPDATE: This here might be a temp work around for the LCD Proc issues.
Okay. So I've spent two hours looking through the thread for the answers to my questions, and I haven't come up with anything. Perhaps someone knows the answers I seek.

I'd like to make three changes to the layout, and change one default.

Changes:

1. In the 'Wide' view, there is a poster and a plot synopsis on the right side. How can I turn off (or take out) the plot synopsis and enlarge the poster to fill the whole space? Here is an example of what I'm describing:

2. In the 'Right Side' view, the episode art is displayed for television shows in the lower left corner. I'd like to have the TV show poster there and move the episode art to the right, above the episode information. Here is an example of what I'm describing:

3. From the home screen, if you select 'Weather', the first location specified in the settings is displayed in the top left. Next to it, on the right, is blank space. It seems like the second, and/or third locations should be listed if they are specified in the settings. How can I get them to show up? Also, how can I change the color of the red text of thw weather labels on the home page to a color that stands out more from the background I've selected? Here is an example of what I'm describing:

I'd also like to change a default. If I go to a list I haven't been to before, (i.e. episodes of a TV show that was just added to the library, or a list of movies) the '...' at the top is selected by default. I'm pretty sure that I read mention of an add-on that can change that behavior so that the first item of the list is selected by default. However, I can't find mention of how to get the add-on, or make the change in the existing settings. Anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks.
The first 3 things that you want to do are mod the skin.

To do this, you need to learn the basics of skinning. Almost all the info you need to do that can be found in the wiki.

You may find that someone with the necessary skills does it for you, but if you have a need to change the default design, I personally feel you need to learn how to do that for yourself.

The skin development forum would be the best place to ask those questions as that's where the experts hang out.

The last '...' option can be disabled in appearance settings. It's named 'show parent folder items'.

benevida

"From the home screen, if you select 'Weather', the first location specified in the settings is displayed in the top left. Next to it, on the right, is blank space. It seems like the second, and/or third locations should be listed if they are specified in the settings. How can I get them to show up?"

This blank section is used for the days of the week and not alternate areas. If you use weather underground they should show up, Yahoo doesn't show them on mine.

If you press down on your remote a few times and go to skin settings, then colours and change your title colour. Mine is orange.
Thank you Samu-rai sempai and Don Mega (megalodon)! I have acted upon your concrete answers, (which include color change and 'show parent folders') and will embark upon the skin development forum just as soon as I can find it.

There are two questions that I have forgotten to ask:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring up Global Search? If there isn't, is there a mechanism to assign one? (Or is that another skinning forum question)?

I have my music meticulously categorized into genres. If I want to play all of the songs of a given genre, shuffling through, how would I start it? For example, on an iPhone, if I pick a genre, there will be a shuffle command at the top of the list of artists, and I would select it to play (shuffle) through all the songs within that genre.

Again, thanks for any help. It is much appreciated.
(2013-10-30, 15:45)MarcosQui Wrote: mikebzh44, look this:

How do I get that skin show me Media Cases ?
A: Aeon MQ use the 'tags' on the file name or folder to determine the type of case as follows:

bluray - blu-ray - bdrip (without .3d. or .3dbd. tag) = Bluray box
bluray - blu-ray - bdrip + .3d. or .3dbd. = 3D box
.3d. - .3dbd. = 3D box
web = Web box
hdtv = HDTV box
dvd - .iso (without bluray or any other tag) - .ifo = dvd box
All others contents = default box + codec

A example for the bluray case:
filename = moviename.bluray.mkv

So to see the case corresponding just rename the file with these tags above.

If no tag is used the skin show the video codec. Also you can customize the case as you wish, case color or flag.

How about TV Shows? I have some in DVD some blurays. I tried adding the word (DVD) to the main folder that has "Alias"
and didn't work. If I leave the word DVD on the folder name it doesnt get scanned

Here is my folder structure:
\Alias (DVD)\ season 1\S01E01.mkv......S01E20.mkv
\Alias (DVD)\ season 2\S01E01.mkv......S01E20.mkv

Help!
I think the only tags that work for TV shows are HDTV & web.

(2014-10-04, 16:07)benevida Wrote: Thank you Samu-rai sempai and Don Mega (megalodon)! I have acted upon your concrete answers, (which include color change and 'show parent folders') and will embark upon the skin development forum just as soon as I can find it.

There are two questions that I have forgotten to ask:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to bring up Global Search? If there isn't, is there a mechanism to assign one? (Or is that another skinning forum question)?

I have my music meticulously categorized into genres. If I want to play all of the songs of a given genre, shuffling through, how would I start it? For example, on an iPhone, if I pick a genre, there will be a shuffle command at the top of the list of artists, and I would select it to play (shuffle) through all the songs within that genre.

Again, thanks for any help. It is much appreciated.

1) From memory it's on the shutdown menu (press S) although I could be wrong.

You can attach any function to any key you like:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:Modify_keyboard.xml

2) I think you can do this through the playback controls:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Music_playback

Most of the information you will ever need about kodi/XBMC you can find through searching Google.

• 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 520