• 70(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
I'm quite sure it's not recording my password, as when I click ok I don't get logged in
(2014-10-05, 20:25)hasselhof Wrote: I'm quite sure it's not recording my password, as when I click ok I don't get logged in

Is it still working fine for you on Gotham?
(2014-10-05, 20:25)hasselhof Wrote: I'm quite sure it's not recording my password, as when I click ok I don't get logged in
I just tested on Win 8 with Helix alpha 4. I was able to set my username and password, and it logged me into xbmc.org fine. I guess I'll need a log.
(2014-10-06, 17:56)ruuk Wrote:

Is it still working fine for you on Gotham?

Yes it's still working fine.

I was having trouble with your repo earlier, saying not compatible ie did a fresh install on my htpc with openelec v13.2 , then inside your repo was saying not compatible, I will try again tomorrow.
Hi ruuk, I've done a fresh install on htpc using standard release openELEC v4.2.1 Gotham 13.2. I'm trying to install the excellent Forum Browser but get 'incompatible' next to V2.1.68 in your repo, and in XBMC,org repo V2.1.0 'incompatible' also. I can't think what i'm missing or doing wrong, what a noobBlush
See screenshots

Could you help Confused
Information 
Version 2.1.69-2.1.70

Changes:
  • Change OAuth Helper dependency to 0.0.7
  • Remove requests2 module dependency

On my REPO.
(2014-10-08, 17:40)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, I've done a fresh install on htpc using standard release openELEC v4.2.1 Gotham 13.2. I'm trying to install the excellent Forum Browser but get 'incompatible' next to V2.1.68 in your repo, and in XBMC,org repo V2.1.0 'incompatible' also. I can't think what i'm missing or doing wrong, what a noobBlush

Could you help Confused

Nothing you were doing wrong. It looks like at some point they removed the requests2 module and instead updated the version for requests (which is probably how it should have been done in the first place).
In any case, since this and many of my addons required requests2, this broke them.
In addition to that, Forum Browser no longer directly had the requests2 dependency since I moved those functions to my OAuth Helper module.

This should work now, but let me know if you still have problems.

On a side note, I'm leaving today for the XBMC/Kodi DevCon, to which I was surprised (but grateful) to be invited to this year. Incidentally, for an 1 hour and 45 minutes I'll be at the Heathrow airport hanging out in the same country as you for that brief interval Smile
(2014-10-08, 18:45)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.69-2.1.70

Changes:
  • Change OAuth Helper dependency to 0.0.7
  • Remove requests2 module dependency

On my REPO.

That was quick, thanks for the update.

(2014-10-08, 18:55)ruuk Wrote:
(2014-10-08, 17:40)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, I've done a fresh install on htpc using standard release openELEC v4.2.1 Gotham 13.2. I'm trying to install the excellent Forum Browser but get 'incompatible' next to V2.1.68 in your repo, and in XBMC,org repo V2.1.0 'incompatible' also. I can't think what i'm missing or doing wrong, what a noobBlush

Could you help Confused

Nothing you were doing wrong. It looks like at some point they removed the requests2 module and instead updated the version for requests (which is probably how it should have been done in the first place).
In any case, since this and many of my addons required requests2, this broke them.
In addition to that, Forum Browser no longer directly had the requests2 dependency since I moved those functions to my OAuth Helper module.

This should work now, but let me know if you still have problems.

On a side note, I'm leaving today for the XBMC/Kodi DevCon, to which I was surprised (but grateful) to be invited to this year. Incidentally, for an 1 hour and 45 minutes I'll be at the Heathrow airport hanging out in the same country as you for that brief interval Smile

I'm glad it wasn't me Big Grin, The last update sorted everything out perfectly, thanks. Hope you enjoy your stay in England bring a warm coat, hat & gloves Big Grin. DevCon sounds very interesting, right up your street.

As I say Gotham V13.2 works very nicely with Forum Browser V2.1.70.

Thanks.
Hi ruuk, is there any reason for the password authentication keyboard window keep popping up when first starting FB after a reboot. I give it my password it goes away, then next time I reboot I get the pasword window again.
(2014-10-15, 17:21)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, is there any reason for the password authentication keyboard window keep popping up when first starting FB after a reboot. I give it my password it goes away, then next time I reboot I get the pasword window again.

The keyring is broken on linux platforms, so I have to use the internal keyring, which needs unlocking each time you start XBMC. To get around this you can open Password Storage from programs and choose store password. This will create a random key on disk and use this for encryption. This is not very secure, but better than plaintext. This is now the default, but it wasn't when you first installed it.
That sorted it thanksWink
Hi ruuk,

I'm glad you're still maintaining this essential add-on as I use it on a daily basis (and very happy with it I am). I just wondered if you plan on updating the official Kodi repo with your latest version?

Plus, as forum.xbmc is now forum.kodi will you be updating this to reflect the change? (maybe you already have in your latest version but I'm still using version 2.1.0 from the official repo)

Thanks for a great (and essential) add-on
Information 
Version 2.1.71

Changes:
  • Change default forum from xbmc.org to kodi.tv and remove xbmc.org
  • Add conversion from xbmc.org to kodi.tv for favorites, forums and forum settings

On my REPO.
(2014-11-19, 15:56)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi ruuk,

I'm glad you're still maintaining this essential add-on as I use it on a daily basis (and very happy with it I am). I just wondered if you plan on updating the official Kodi repo with your latest version?

Plus, as forum.xbmc is now forum.kodi will you be updating this to reflect the change? (maybe you already have in your latest version but I'm still using version 2.1.0 from the official repo)

Thanks for pointing this out. This version switches from xbmc to kodi and also converts the settings. After I get some feedback that this version is working OK, I'll update the official repo.
(2014-11-19, 20:09)ruuk Wrote:
(2014-11-19, 15:56)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Thanks for pointing this out. This version switches from xbmc to kodi and also converts the settings. After I get some feedback that this version is working OK, I'll update the official repo.

Okay, glad to hear and looking forward to this....
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5