• 244(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-10-07, 11:48)VanZan Wrote: I have a Pulse Eight HDMI CEC adapter.....can I use my tv's remote to turn on and off my NUC? I'm just curious how it would work in practice....how would it know whether to turn off or on the television or turn on or off the NUC?

You can also switch on or off your nuc with your tv remote setup as a mce or Microsoft remote.
Quick question, I have a 4K Samsung TV connected to a Intel NUK D54 (under windows 8.1) through the mini HDMI port. I'm able so far to get a 4K resolution but only at 30khz (due to the limit of the NUK HDMI 1.4 port).
Would it be possible with an adapter mini display port 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 to get a 4K resolution at 60khz ? The TV is compatible but I was wondering if the conversion from MDP to HDMI 2.0 will support 60khz or if it will stay at 30..

Thx
(2014-10-07, 15:48)frarev Wrote: You can also switch on or off your nuc with your tv remote setup as a mce or Microsoft remote.

How do I set up my Sony Bravia KDL37EX403 remote control as a mce or Microsoft remote please? Is there a guide please? Would I be able to get rid of the Pulse Eight adapter and control Kodi with the Sony Bravia remote?

According to this:

Quote:if your Onkyo remote is an IR remote (it seems to be), check if you can configure it as an MCE or a Microsoft Remote (check the remote code of your onkyo remote). I did that with my Yamaha receiver A3020 remote and I can perfectly handle my intel NUC ; no need to buy an extra remote, or any adapter.

Obviously I don't have an Onkyo receiver but I think I need my TV's remote code. I've been googling and haven't found a jot. Also I don't know what to do if I do get the code! Woe is me! Big Grin This is all jolly confusing.
(2014-10-07, 16:48)tdaubign Wrote: Would it be possible with an adapter mini display port 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 to get a 4K resolution at 60khz ? The TV is compatible but I was wondering if the conversion from MDP to HDMI 2.0 will support 60khz or if it will stay at 30.
If/When a DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter capable of 18Gbps comes out it should let you get UHD resolution at 60Hz.
(2014-10-07, 17:16)VanZan Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 15:48)frarev Wrote: You can also switch on or off your nuc with your tv remote setup as a mce or Microsoft remote.

How do I set up my Sony Bravia KDL37EX403 remote control as a mce or Microsoft remote please? Is there a guide please? Would I be able to get rid of the Pulse Eight adapter and control Kodi with the Sony Bravia remote?

According to this:

Quote:if your Onkyo remote is an IR remote (it seems to be), check if you can configure it as an MCE or a Microsoft Remote (check the remote code of your onkyo remote). I did that with my Yamaha receiver A3020 remote and I can perfectly handle my intel NUC ; no need to buy an extra remote, or any adapter.

Obviously I don't have an Onkyo receiver but I think I need my TV's remote code. I've been googling and haven't found a jot. Also I don't know what to do if I do get the code! Woe is me! Big Grin This is all jolly confusing.

I can't tell you for you personal remote. I can tell you that my Yamaha remote can manage my av receiver and also other Devices like blue ray disk player or tv.

You have to check if you can do that with your remote and see the remote code that you can program in your remote. For instance with my remote manual I get hundred of codes according brand and devices. Choose the code of Microsoft or mce remote.

Like this I can switch on and off the nuc, navigate in the menu, play and pause a video. No need for an extra remote.

If there is no code or no way to put different code in your remote, you won't succeed.
Thanks for the reply....yeah I don't think my rubbish Sony remote control can do that unfortunately! I have a new problem that I've noticed though.....when I hit shutdown then the NUC seems to keep restarting but hibernated. Very very bizarre.
(2014-10-07, 23:54)VanZan Wrote: Thanks for the reply....yeah I don't think my rubbish Sony remote control can do that unfortunately! I have a new problem that I've noticed though.....when I hit shutdown then the NUC seems to keep restarting but hibernated. Very very bizarre.

The restart after shutdown is known here. I had the problem. It should be fixed with the last bios update.

Or you can disable wol (wake on LAN ) in bios settings : that worked for me before the last correct bios.
(2014-10-07, 11:48)VanZan Wrote: I have a Pulse Eight HDMI CEC adapter.....can I use my tv's remote to turn on and off my NUC? I'm just curious how it would work in practice....how would it know whether to turn off or on the television or turn on or off the NUC?

hi!

for the pulse eight adapter, I can't tell you but when I had my raspberry with openelec, at some part of the configuration menu, I could define how hdmi-cec should work, and I remember that I could define that the raspberry switch on and off at the same time that the TV, automatically.

Anyway, now I have my Nuc, and I configure my appletv remote to work with openelec, and I used this guide:

http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...rk-with-oe

maybe you can configure your tv remote the same way.

PD: sorry for my english!
Hey thanks I'll give it a go tomorrow even though some of the later posts in that thread say it only works with OE 4.0.6 and earlier.
By the way I mentioned I got the i3 but I tried the Aeon MQ5 skin and it froze a few times. Very disappointed to be honest. I installed Aeon Nox 4.1.9.8 and it was better but still prone to the odd lock up.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong as everything I've read says that the i3 should be able to cope with them. I do have only 2gb of RAM so maybe that's the problem? (I doubt it but since that's something I can rectify I'm holding onto the slim hope!)

If I'm right then I'm kicking myself for being tight and not getting the i5 as I could have afforded it.
Have an i3 NUC and I've yet to have a skin slow it down.
What OS did you put on it? What storage are you running?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I was having lock-ups and menu stuttering on the Bay Trail NUC but that problem seems to have been fixed by replacing the USB stick I had the OpenELEC OS running from. I doubt very much that your I3 is the problem.
I have OE and an Intel NUC with an mSata SSD. Also 2gb ram. I wonder would the log give any details in such a situation?
(Question moved to seaprate thread)
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7