• 82(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
This stopped working for me last night. I disabled fanart.tv as a source and enabled audiodb and httbackdrops and now I'm getting my eye candy again....anyone else?
(2014-10-10, 15:55)VanZan Wrote: This stopped working for me last night. I disabled fanart.tv as a source and enabled audiodb and httbackdrops and now I'm getting my eye candy again....anyone else?

Debug log please. Make sure to turn on th debug logging in the AS settings as well.
great work on your addon

im having problems getting to work with xperience1080 for 13.2 gotham though.

i have my media on either iphone or android phone. start spotify, playback on xbmc, metadata shows correctly (artist - songtitlte - album).

But the background is all black.

I think i have used artist slideshow on xperience1080 before and it worked. I have enabled artist slideshow (ofcourse in addon settings in xperience1080).

Im at work but im home soon, will post a log then
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
here is the log:

www.pastebin.com/qdRzSahR
(2014-10-25, 14:17)henrikyo Wrote: here is the log:

In that log snippet there's nothing there that indicates a problem. In fact, the snippet is so short I don't even see any music playing. It would be more helpful if you posted the entire debug log instead of just a piece.
(2014-09-29, 14:02)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I am still having issues with my HTPC crashing out and restarting XBMC sometimes (quite often) when in full screen music playback mode. Still think the CU LRC Lyrics add-on is the most likely cause or possibly related to flac files? But I am still not sure at the moment.

Looking in the log file today I see these entries related to Artist SlideShow. Are they anything to be concerned about? First one looks bad to me "script stopped".

Code:
11:57:30 T:140266021320448   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] unexpected error while setting property.
11:57:30 T:140266021320448   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] global name 'slideshow' is not defined
11:57:30 T:140266021320448  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
11:57:30 T:140266021320448    INFO: CPythonInvoker(17, /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py): script successfully run
11:57:30 T:140266021320448    INFO: Python script stopped

and

Code:
2:03:54 T:140266061682432   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] moving /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn to smb://WHS/Music/Poliça/extrafanart/287654fe.jpg
12:03:54 T:140266061682432   ERROR: MoveFile - cant move file </storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn>. trying lower case </storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn>
12:03:54 T:140266061682432   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/temp/287654fe.tbn

Thanks

OK, I'm finally getting caught up on things. The first was is a bug, but it only happens as the script is planning to stop anyway. So the only thing that isn't working is one window setting never gets set. I've corrected it, and will release a beta shortly with that fix.

For the second one, I have checked, double checked, and tripled checked the code. As far as I can see everything is fine there, and I'm wondering if there is some specific problem with the permissions on that particular artist's folder.

And now for the interesting part. While testing your second issue, I found another issue. It looks like MusicBrainz changed the json results just slightly, so I don't think AS has been able to get a MusicBrainz ID for awhile. I've fixed it and will push that out with the beta release as well.
NEW BETA
v.1.7.0~beta1
- fixed parsing error due to new JSON format from MusicBrainz
- fixed error where window settings were not set properly at script exit

This has been pushed to my beta channel repo. Those of you using that repo should get it the next time XBMC updates the repo. If you want it sooner, you can either do a check for updates or forced refresh of the repo.
(2014-10-25, 19:01)pkscout Wrote:

In that log snippet there's nothing there that indicates a problem. In fact, the snippet is so short I don't even see any music playing. It would be more helpful if you posted the entire debug log instead of just a piece.

Does this help?

www.pastebin.com/8RJ2uhHq

Tried changing while playing back music also. Didnt show any artist slideshow in now playing.

Tried deleting all the addon data also but to no avail
(2014-10-26, 14:57)henrikyo Wrote:
(2014-10-25, 19:01)pkscout Wrote:

Does this help?

www.pastebin.com/8RJ2uhHq

Tried changing while playing back music also. Didnt show any artist slideshow in now playing.

Tried deleting all the addon data also but to no avail

There's nothing in that log that indicates that any music is playing. I see where AS starts and then stops because nothing appears to be playing. I see a ton of errors like this:

XFILE::CDirectory::Exists - Error checking for pipe://1/

that may or may not have anything to do with anything. At this point the first thing to try is playing music from the XBMC library instead of Spotify. You might also try a different skin (obviously one that has support for AS).

that don't have anything
i thought xperience1080 had support for artist slideshow, it even say so in settings. and i tried several others as well, even the stock one.

Thanks for your help, really dont want to reinstall everything, but i do love artist slideshow a lot

will try with some local media now

it worked with local media, thats weird though it worked in the past with spotify either from android or iphones etc

thank you so much for taking the time to help me by the way, will try some more with remote media and see if i can get it to work, but have appreciated your help in finding out Smile
NEW BETA

v.1.7.0~beta3
- alternate method for addressing JSON format issue from MusicBrainz
- added support for htbackdrops.org MusicBrainz ID search (falls back to old search method)

This is available from my beta channel repo now. Note that if you managed to download beta2 in the few minutes it was available, beta2 will crash. Please force refresh the repo and update to beta3.

This beta handles the JSON formatting issue with MusicBrainz differently. It also adds support for searching htbackdrops.org using MusicBrainz IDs. If AS has a MusicBrainz ID, it will try that first when searching htbackdrops.org. If it gets no results or doesn't have the MBID, it will fall back to the old artist title search method. I did it this way because I noticed that htbackdrops.org has some wrong or missing MBIDs. So if either AS can't find an MBID or htbackdrops.org returns no images, you'll still have a shot at getting some images from htbackdrops.
Hello,

thank you for maintaining this nice script.
I've stumbled upon a bug, might be helix related since I don't recall having this issue with gotham, so maybe you won't be able to look at it until next beta release. But anyway here's the issue:

the script works fine for songs with single artist, but with multiple artists the script stops, throwing a unicode exception. It seems that happens when it tries to copy pictures from the second artist into the merge directory.

Here's the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=333139

Thanks in advance.
(2014-10-29, 01:18)kyungrak Wrote: Hello,

thank you for maintaining this nice script.
I've stumbled upon a bug, might be helix related since I don't recall having this issue with gotham, so maybe you won't be able to look at it until next beta release. But anyway here's the issue:

the script works fine for songs with single artist, but with multiple artists the script stops, throwing a unicode exception. It seems that happens when it tries to copy pictures from the second artist into the merge directory.

Here's the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=333139

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone with a Helix confirm this? I tested in Gotham, and I definitely don't see that problem. Nor do I even understand why you'd be getting that error in Helix, especially given that none of the path in your case has any extended characters. I did check the code, and as far as I can tell everything is being properly encoded before being passed to xbmcvfs.copy (which then calls posixpath.py, which is what actually croaks in this case). So even if you had extended characters in the path, it should be working.

God I hate unicode. I hate it with the undying passion of 1000 burning suns.
(2014-10-10, 18:06)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-10-10, 15:55)VanZan Wrote: This stopped working for me last night. I disabled fanart.tv as a source and enabled audiodb and httbackdrops and now I'm getting my eye candy again....anyone else?

Debug log please. Make sure to turn on th debug logging in the AS settings as well.

Well I did send you a log but I guess since you've completely ignored me ever since then that the fault was of my own making. Indeed it started working fine again a day or two later but at the moment it's gone again for me. A bit of feedback like a reply would have been nice though.
I just installed Artist Slideshow 1.6.9 on my unix box XBMC 12.2. using the default Confluence Skin. It's working fine but I have noticed that the screen dims when displaying the fanart. I have never had this happen on my windows box (screens dims when not in use) but never when playing music using Artist Slideshow.

I do have the system setting set to Use Visualizations if playing Audio

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Thanks
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5