• 11(current)
Release Janitor
Quote:Any video that satisfies both these conditions (watched, and watched in the last x days) will indeed be cleaned up eventually, should you have enabled those filters.

So this is the opposite of what I want. I want to keep videos I set the watched setting on; and clean videos I skip after a few seconds/minutes(not watched setting). Can you add a checkbox to reverse the setting?

What I need is a "preview mode", where I watch and decide whether to keep it in the library or not. After a minute or so, I know whether i want it or not.
Is this addon capable of cleaning my HDD based on certain criteria, for example no video files available and then delete dir from HDD?
(2014-10-15, 23:23)Anthirian Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 17:33)music_lover Wrote: So, to create this scenario by the AO settings, I would set:

Expire After = 1 day? - how exactly does expire_after work with last played?

by_date_played = {"field": "lastplayed", "operator": "notinthelast", "value": "%d" % get_setting(expire_after)}

so, for however amount of expiry days I set, eventually every video I don't play all the way through (according to the playcount min setting) will get whacked?
expire_after uses a value that will be used with SQL to retrieve videos from the library. It takes an integer value, and combined with the last_played time, including seconds, that is stored in the library, this means it is actually quite accurate. All videos that are marked as played after the number of days you enter here will indeed be cleaned up. However music videos, as stated, do not have resume points, meaning they will first have to be watched past the percentage you can specify in advancedsettings.xml before they even get marked watched. Any video that satisfies both these conditions (watched, and watched in the last x days) will indeed be cleaned up eventually, should you have enabled those filters.

(2014-10-14, 22:46)greenri Wrote: Hi,

I am running the add-on on on a Raspberry Pi (running XBian) and whenever I run the add-on it states "no cleaning required" but I have everything ticked in the config and there are plenty of files that need to be deleted. I have attached a cut down version of the log (just for when it runs) and I'm not sure it is running correctly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! Smile

http://pastebin.com/bP02X3x6
Unfortunately this clipped log does not show the addon is even starting at all. Please upload the full log instead.

I've removed all the Cec errors that spam my logs so i could fit the full log on pastebin, here is the full log. Thank you Smile

http://pastebin.com/kiSPS2d8
(2014-10-16, 19:53)music_lover Wrote:
Quote:Any video that satisfies both these conditions (watched, and watched in the last x days) will indeed be cleaned up eventually, should you have enabled those filters.

So this is the opposite of what I want. I want to keep videos I set the watched setting on; and clean videos I skip after a few seconds/minutes(not watched setting). Can you add a checkbox to reverse the setting?

What I need is a "preview mode", where I watch and decide whether to keep it in the library or not. After a minute or so, I know whether i want it or not.
Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the addon? It's meant to clean up any videos you have already watched. If it were to clean up videos you haven't watched, then how would you be able to watch any new videos? Besides, it takes quite a lot of work to implement this in the current code and I can't imagine a large number of people using it. It would probably create a lot of confusion among non-tech-savvy people.

(2014-10-18, 01:58)schumi2004 Wrote: Is this addon capable of cleaning my HDD based on certain criteria, for example no video files available and then delete dir from HDD?
I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly, but I'll try to explain how it works. This addon cleans any video in the library by either moving or deleting it. If during this process the folder becomes empty (configurable: ignoring certain file extensions), it could delete that too. Any folders that were empty before cleaning a video from it will not be touched. I have been thinking about adding such a feature, but it would mean exploring a lot of different scenarios and will bring a lot of new problems to the table, such as deciding how many parent folders should be deleted as well. It may or may not be added in the future, but it certainly won't be anytime soon if it is.

(2014-10-22, 09:56)greenri Wrote: I've removed all the Cec errors that spam my logs so i could fit the full log on pastebin, here is the full log. Thank you Smile

http://pastebin.com/kiSPS2d8
Thanks. What I can see is the addon is in fact being loaded by XBMC, but I can't see it starting up. Could you please also post the contents of your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.filecleaner/settings.xml? This will allow me to inspect your current settings. Also, have you tried manually starting the addon instead of waiting for it to launch at XBMC startup?
Hi,

Please find my settings.xml below:

http://pastebin.com/VChwx0ep

When I run file cleaner from programs -> XBMC File Cleaner the notification pops up saying "No cleaning required". I managed to get the full log uploaded here, (I ran file cleaner towards the end of the log ~ line 2813)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=326885

Thanks again Smile
Hi,

Any change on an update of FileCleaner for Kodi?
Now I can't install it....and I like the add-on a lot....
(2014-10-24, 21:51)greenri Wrote: Hi,

Please find my settings.xml below:

http://pastebin.com/VChwx0ep

When I run file cleaner from programs -> XBMC File Cleaner the notification pops up saying "No cleaning required". I managed to get the full log uploaded here, (I ran file cleaner towards the end of the log ~ line 2813)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=326885

Thanks again Smile
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy lately. I notice from your logs there is not much to see except that the script doesn't produce errors. What I can see is that you did not have debugging enabled in the addon's settings, which severely limits my ability to figure out what is going on. Could you please try again with debugging enabled? All I can think of now, looking at your settings, is that either you are currently watching a video and are cleaning at the same time, which you have disallowed, or there might be a bug that disallows the addon from being run properly if users have specified a startup delay. Either way, I will know more once you provide me with more detailed logs, as described above.

(2014-11-06, 14:46)Ridder Wrote: Hi,

Any change on an update of FileCleaner for Kodi?
Now I can't install it....and I like the add-on a lot....
As I said in my comment to the Beta 1 release I'm planning on updating it for Kodi 14 yes. I'm not sure it will be available upon launch, but it will definitely be available for Kodi 14.
Quote:Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the addon? It's meant to clean up any videos you have already watched. If it were to clean up videos you haven't watched, then how would you be able to watch any new videos? Besides, it takes quite a lot of work to implement this in the current code and I can't imagine a large number of people using it. It would probably create a lot of confusion among non-tech-savvy people.

you know, I was playing around with media monkey, and it does what i'm looking for. as you play videos, it keeps the rating stars on the screen display. and i then easily attached a hotkey to change the current video to 0 stars. then after my viewing session is over, I sort by rating and delete those with zero stars. you can even delete a video while its playing, but you need to be on the now playing screen, that's ok, deleting them all at once is better anyway.
So question (as I am on Kodi I can't test).

Is there a way to only set this for certain shows? IE I auto-download nightly shows and it'd be great to delete only those after I'm done watching them and ignore everything else in my library.

IE only auto-delete /path/Shows/Show1 and /path/Shows/Show2

and ignore

/path/Shows/Show3, /path/Shows/Show4 (and so on), /path/Movies/*...

Or would I have to create /path/ShowDelete (and put the shows I want this script to run on in there) and put /path/Shows and /path/Movies in ignore?

I could theoretically put all the other Shows in the ignore list but it'd become a pain to remember to whitelist new shows as I add them.
For those looking for it on Kodi, thought it worth saying that I installed File Cleaner manually to my add-ons folder so it bypassed the version check (unzipped the download from GIT). I did a manual run and it removed what I expected so I have wiped out around 400 TV shows. Haven't tested movies yet.
(2014-12-23, 12:46)jeffski10 Wrote: For those looking for it on Kodi, thought it worth saying that I installed File Cleaner manually to my add-ons folder so it bypassed the version check (unzipped the download from GIT). I did a manual run and it removed what I expected so I have wiped out around 400 TV shows. Haven't tested movies yet.
I can confirm this. Just download the zip, unpack it locally and upload the folder from the zip through SFTP to /storage/.kodi/addons/ or similar location depending on your platform.

Works just fine in cleaning the right media files.
I unpacked the zip to the add on folder and after a Kodi restart it was in the add-on list.
And it started deleting watched episodes....works great!
I installed it manually and although it installs and shows up on my addon list, it always says that there is nothing to clean.

Any chance this gets ported to v13? it did exacly what i needed. now i have a bunch of read episodes that i have to search manually to delelte!

Thank you!
(2015-01-05, 12:04)Double_Digit Wrote: I installed it manually and although it installs and shows up on my addon list, it always says that there is nothing to clean.

Any chance this gets ported to v13? it did exacly what i needed. now i have a bunch of read episodes that i have to search manually to delelte!

Thank you!

DD, I had the same problem with this version before Kodi.
I had to make a share that included all of my Tv and Movies, Then I could move them to a Watched folder under that share.
I hope this helps.
I liked it before I could move them to another drive.

BTW Keep up the good work Guys. I Love Kodi!!!!!
(2015-01-07, 05:42)DWIFelon Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 12:04)Double_Digit Wrote: I installed it manually and although it installs and shows up on my addon list, it always says that there is nothing to clean.

Thank you!

DD, I had the same problem with this version before Kodi.
I had to make a share that included all of my Tv and Movies, Then I could move them to a Watched folder under that share.
I hope this helps.
I liked it before I could move them to another drive.

BTW Keep up the good work Guys. I Love Kodi!!!!!

Do you mind explaining this a bit more? What do you mean a new share?
I have a shared folder as within that one I have a folder for movies, another for tv and the one where it all gets moved.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4