• 457(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-10-21, 17:41)MadClicker Wrote: I'm having trouble getting this to fire up.

It always hang at "Updating Channel 20 Updating X Entries."

I'm on linux and running 13.2.

I've uninstalled...reinstalled 3X.

I've googled, I it looks like I'm the only one with the problem.

I'd really like to try this out! Any tips?

Log?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-10-21, 17:44)windsorguy1979 Wrote: Upload your log and more info please. What type of channel is "Channel 20"? Pointing to what source etc. This can happen when you're pointing to a plugin and have a bad path.

This is probably it. I saw a big dependency list, but xbmc didn't seem to auto install anything.

I'll give it another shot later.

Thanks.

(2014-10-21, 18:22)MadClicker Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 17:44)windsorguy1979 Wrote: Upload your log and more info please. What type of channel is "Channel 20"? Pointing to what source etc. This can happen when you're pointing to a plugin and have a bad path.

This is probably it. I saw a big dependency list, but xbmc didn't seem to auto install anything.

I'll give it another shot later.

Thanks.

I'd always like to see a log, to rule out problems on my end... at least would like to know the chtype of channels 19-21 Smile
xbmc.log

Still having troubles.

Posting this from my TV and can't read the log...not that I would know what to look for.

(2014-10-21, 22:21)MadClicker Wrote: xbmc.log

Still having troubles.

Posting this from my TV and can't read the log...not that I would know what to look for.

You need to check file permissions to:
Code:
getVideoLength /mnt/mom1/Salt (2010) [720p]/Salt.2010.720p.BluRay.PyTunes.mp4
How do you use the restore tool from backup? In the past two days, all my channels have been wiped out twice and I had to set them up again (not much fun with 400+ channels). This has not happened for months, and in the past two days it has happened twice and I recently just updated to .0.5.4a. I know the tool makes a backup of all your channels but I am unsure how it works since doing a 'Restore Pre-Autotune Configuration' under Misc. setting didn't restore the channels. If anyone could be of assistance it would be appreciated.
(2014-10-22, 02:56)amcfarla Wrote: How do you use the restore tool from backup? In the past two days, all my channels have been wiped out twice and I had to set them up again (not much fun with 400+ channels). This has not happened for months, and in the past two days it has happened twice and I recently just updated to .0.5.4a. I know the tool makes a backup of all your channels but I am unsure how it works since doing a 'Restore Pre-Autotune Configuration' under Misc. setting didn't restore the channels. If anyone could be of assistance it would be appreciated.
I'd like to see a log when your configuration gets damaged
Whenever I try to use videowindow patcher in some skins like sio2 it does not work if I press enter to bring up the guide my whole screen goes black anyone know why or how to fix it? It's been like this since Luna added that feature on all my devices but it's only a few skins most work as they should.
(2014-10-22, 02:56)amcfarla Wrote: How do you use the restore tool from backup? In the past two days, all my channels have been wiped out twice and I had to set them up again (not much fun with 400+ channels). This has not happened for months, and in the past two days it has happened twice and I recently just updated to .0.5.4a. I know the tool makes a backup of all your channels but I am unsure how it works since doing a 'Restore Pre-Autotune Configuration' under Misc. setting didn't restore the channels. If anyone could be of assistance it would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that you can just rename the swttings2.bak.xml to settings2.xml. Unfortunately, it creates one everytime you load PTVL. For my purposes, I've created my own backup called settings12. That way PTVL just completely ignores it.
Having an odd error. PTVL used to run fine - perfectly, even. However, it now won't even open. Tried uninstalling and then installing the newest 'stable' release and no difference. It doesn't hang, it doesn't have trouble loading channels, it simply doesn't even try to open. It's been like this for a few weeks/month+ and I don't know what changed to make this happen. I thought it was due to changing the xbmc skin, but a switch back eliminated that.

Is this a problem others have had (tried to search, but 500 page thread = O.o)?
(2014-10-22, 12:54)rosencrantz247 Wrote: Having an odd error. PTVL used to run fine - perfectly, even. However, it now won't even open. Tried uninstalling and then installing the newest 'stable' release and no difference. It doesn't hang, it doesn't have trouble loading channels, it simply doesn't even try to open. It's been like this for a few weeks/month+ and I don't know what changed to make this happen. I thought it was due to changing the xbmc skin, but a switch back eliminated that.

Is this a problem others have had (tried to search, but 500 page thread = O.o)?

From Post 1~

Please report all bugs with the link to your log, no log... no reply!
First of all, thanks for the great addon. I've been using it the past couple of weeks and have everything pretty much set up as I want now.

The only problem I'm having is with FTV channels. The FTV addon works fine, I have the channels I want listed under My Channels and Favourite Channels. FTV version is 1.2.9. Haven't been able to get this working under 0.5.2, 0.5.3 and now 0.5.4a. Hoping someone can help

Link to the log here
I am having a problem where pseudotv live loads all the channels and then hangs at the loading channel screen. The EPG is not populated. XBMC needs to be restarted afterward.
I use Amber but have also tried on Confluence. I have also tried recreating my settings2.xml and got the same results with multiple pseudotv live skins.

I use a combination of ustvnow,local playlists and custom library channels.

My Settings2.xml file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324883

error in xbmc log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324905
(2014-10-22, 16:30)BankerBankson Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 12:54)rosencrantz247 Wrote: my error

From Post 1~

Please report all bugs with the link to your log, no log... no reply!

Hopefully this works: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324914

I had to reboot after trying to start ptvl, as it started to do a new error after rebooting the system: it actually attempted to load! However, it also hung at 98% complete due to channel...95, maybe? Couldn't do anything to the screen after ~10 minutes, so I rebooted the whole box and uploaded the log file immediately on boot (didn't try to load ptvl a second time)

EDIT: Just looked at channel 95. It's the first number not used as a channel (in the channel configuration dialogue box, it's the first to come up empty - 94 has some programming to it, 95 does not). The hanging is explained by the error 'waiting for file lock.' Elsewhere on this forum, it looks like that's a problem with a plugin being used as a channel, but 95 is not a channel. going to delete settings.xml and see if that erases whatever it thinks ch 95 is.

EDIT 2: Got it to load. Had to change the settings for ch 95 from no channel type to 'none' as the channel type. Not sure what changed to get to read that way in the first place, but putting it to 'none' seems to have fixed it, as ptvl now loads.
(2014-10-22, 22:43)rosencrantz247 Wrote: EDIT 2: Got it to load. Had to change the settings for ch 95 from no channel type to 'none' as the channel type. Not sure what changed to get to read that way in the first place, but putting it to 'none' seems to have fixed it, as ptvl now loads.

Can't have empty channel info in settings2 Smile if you used the windows channel manager to build your configurations pleaese report a possible bug in that thread, thanks

(2014-10-22, 22:25)handsomepete Wrote: I am having a problem where pseudotv live loads all the channels and then hangs at the loading channel screen. The EPG is not populated. XBMC needs to be restarted afterward.
I use Amber but have also tried on Confluence. I have also tried recreating my settings2.xml and got the same results with multiple pseudotv live skins.

I use a combination of ustvnow,local playlists and custom library channels.

My Settings2.xml file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324883

error in xbmc log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=324905

What's up with the half log? if you can't show me the full log don't bother posting! waste of my time...

(2014-10-22, 22:15)UnicronBE Wrote: First of all, thanks for the great addon. I've been using it the past couple of weeks and have everything pretty much set up as I want now.

The only problem I'm having is with FTV channels. The FTV addon works fine, I have the channels I want listed under My Channels and Favourite Channels. FTV version is 1.2.9. Haven't been able to get this working under 0.5.2, 0.5.3 and now 0.5.4a. Hoping someone can help

Link to the log here

FTV isn't working right now... f.t.v is going through some changes...

(2014-10-22, 06:16)scilz Wrote: Whenever I try to use videowindow patcher in some skins like sio2 it does not work if I press enter to bring up the guide my whole screen goes black anyone know why or how to fix it? It's been like this since Luna added that feature on all my devices but it's only a few skins most work as they should.

don't know... haven't come up against a skin it doesn't work with...

(2014-10-22, 07:57)Chadman Wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you can just rename the swttings2.bak.xml to settings2.xml. Unfortunately, it creates one everytime you load PTVL. For my purposes, I've created my own backup called settings12. That way PTVL just completely ignores it.

Chadman is right you can rename the file... auto restore should work? if its not... i'll look into improving it.

BTW there are two backups made... settings2.bak.xml which is made everytime you load PTVL. and settings2.pretune.xml which is made before you autotune something.

you can restore pretune using the autotune restore option.

startup backup should auto restore... if not just rename it.
  • 457(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45