• 7(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Ah thank you very much.. i know where to look in future.. I did wonder whether dvdplayer was at fault and I thought i eliminated this possibility by playing a divx file successfully but with hindsight xbmc would of prob used mPlayer to play this, so my test proved nothing. Thanks again.

Regards,
Paul
the problem with dvdPlayer has been fix and the live streams are now working on the xbox thanks to dink, arnova, motd2k any one else who contributed.
Thanks for your help before marlboroman, I can second this that streaming Live BBC is working from SVN r21819 on xbox with the latest Iplayer plugin.

Thanks to everyone who has been involved with the continual development of this plugin and associated fixes.

Cheers,
Paul
I dont know if this has been queried before, but I have a problem that once I select say "popular" section, the plugin will not refresh any listings until I delete the html data in the user data subfolder.

Any ideas? This has been an ongoing issue no matter which version I've used with any xmbc version.
Looking at the httplib2 library caching functionality which the Iplayer plugin uses there are references to the current system time. If the current system time is way out then this could be the root of the problem. So can you set your xbox ( I presume ) to sync with a network time server.
Goto: Settings -> Appearance -> Region
Then enable internet time sync and change the time server host to a ntp server such as pool.ntp.org .

Cheers
Dink

smorges Wrote:I dont know if this has been queried before, but I have a problem that once I select say "popular" section, the plugin will not refresh any listings until I delete the html data in the user data subfolder.

Any ideas? This has been an ongoing issue no matter which version I've used with any XBMC version.
-----------------------------------------
BBC IPlayer[url=http://drop.io/xbmcdink][/url] Plugin
That could be it! I turned off internet time sync a long time ago due to it starting up my hard drive every 5 min while watching a movie to synch.

I'll turn it on and see how annoying it gets.

Thanks!
smorges Wrote:That could be it! I turned off internet time sync a long time ago due to it starting up my hard drive every 5 min while watching a movie to synch.

I'll turn it on and see how annoying it gets.

Thanks!

Do let us know how you get on. If this solves your caching problem then I will add it to the IPlayer Plugin Tips section.

Cheers
Dink
dink Wrote:Do let us know how you get on. If this solves your caching problem then I will add it to the IPlayer Plugin Tips section.

Cheers
Dink

It has 100% fixed my problem. Should have asked months ago! Thanks again.
Thanks for the feedback smorges. I've updated the IPlayer plugin docs to include this info.

Cheers
Dink

smorges Wrote:It has 100% fixed my problem. Should have asked months ago! Thanks again.
Hey guys, I'm probably being dumb but... am I meant to get so many dropped frames with anything about H.264 800kbs on the xbox?

EDIT:, yep, i am, not enough cpu power etc etc... oh well, back to the myth box. maybe.
I've added RTMP seek support in r21929. You can now either type a location to skip to using the number buttons on the keyboard or remote, or use skip.

motd
That's awesome, thanks.
Sorry, being a bit thick here. What does this mean? Does this mean I can now fast forward on iPlayer on my Xbox? If so, that's great! Thanks. If not, does it mean the Xbox equivalent isn't far away?

motd2k Wrote:I've added RTMP seek support in r21929. You can now either type a location to skip to using the number buttons on the keyboard or remote, or use skip.

motd
no this wont work on the xbox yet, hopefully it will be merged soon.
keep up the good work motd2k its much appreciatedSmile
You can't really fast forward any stream, fast forward would require pulling the stream 2/4/8/16 times faster than normal, which isn't possible. What it does allow is pushing the 'jump' button and skipping forward 1 or 10mins, and also pressing the numbers on your remote control to 'type' in the desired hour:minute you want to skip to.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13