Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 69(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Would somebody tell me about the Home Automation feature?
What is it?
OniFactor Wrote:is this working with the iOS build? it keeps saying "error script failed! : addon.py" when i try to run it. ATV2 running 10.4, the latest stable release for iOS, with Night as my skin.

I can't make any promises that it will/will not work on ATV2, as I don't have one. There is a different version of Python use in the ATV2 vs the version used as default for all other systems(this should change for Eden) The script also does not run from the Addons Window, it will always error out. If you use Night, it needs to be Night SVN, because I don't think the last stable version had the script functioning(I could be wrong)
icky Wrote:Now....... this is maybe where the boundaries are pushed,

when the trivia is set for 5 mins, 720p trailers selected from the amt database, i am only able to download trailers from apple at a max of 150kbps.... this means that the 3 trailers cannot download by the time they are needed to be played....

its there any way to allow multiple connections to the same target, ie what programs like jdownloader and internet download manager do... therefore increase the download transfer speed by about 4xHuh?

Obviously this is not a fault with the script, its the speed that apple would allow, but just trying to think of a solution to the problem Smile

I might be able to incorporate something along those lines.. Even if the download does not finish your trailers before the script build's it's playlist, it continues to download and then they are available for the next go around.
Trailers for me still did not work in latest version. I had to edit resources\scrapers\local\scraper.py to get it working.

I added this to line 21:

Code:
_S_ = _A_.getSetting

Then in fetch_trailers I changed

Code:
self.tmp_trailers = dirEntries( self.settings[ "trailer_folder" ] , "video", "TRUE", "-trailer" )
To
Code:
self.tmp_trailers = dirEntries( _S_("trailer_folder") , "video", "TRUE", "-trailer" )

Not sure if this is the best method, but seems to work now.
giftie Wrote:I might be able to incorporate something along those lines.. Even if the download does not finish your trailers before the script build's it's playlist, it continues to download and then they are available for the next go around.

and not to make the trailer side of the script too technical... can the trailers be deleted by the script when they have been watchedHuh
TomPiXX Wrote:Would somebody tell me about the Home Automation feature?
What is it?

Though it is not yet fully functional, the script will have the ability to perform tasks at key points through out the running of the script. These tasks are not going to be programmed by me(for the most part, I will help though) are contained in a file call home_automation.py(it's not included yet as I'm trying to think of a place to put it so it will not be erased when ever the script is updated.)

How it works. Inside this file is programming areas for each of these tasks. The user, or some one helping the user, will put the necessary code to trigger the tasks they want. It should be to interface with almost any type of home automation systems(lighting control for the most part)

For example:

If user would want the lights to dim to off at the start of the movie, the user needs the approprate code for their system placed in the code block for Movie(inside the file home_automation.py) and turn on the Option in the setting in the Home automation settings.

When it is integrated I will give examples for some available systems...
icky Wrote:and not to make the trailer side of the script too technical... can the trailers be deleted by the script when they have been watchedHuh

I haven't added a delete feature(Windows 7 seems to freak every time I try to delete files from a script) but it does keep track of watched videos. It doesn't take long to download all the most recent trailers from Apple Trailers(I think I ended up doing that in the first day of testing though I was also asking for 10 at a time Big Grin ) If the script realizes that it has downloaded all of the availble trailers, it restarts and goes through the list again. I will not download again(though it may update the NFO file if new inforamation is found(ie MPAA Ratings)

I also tried to incorporate an 'equivalent' mpaa rating for users that have BBFC ratings for their movies(it's not exact, but should work fairly well)

If I can figure out Windows 7 and deleting files, I'll add the option.
misterhek Wrote:Trailers for me still did not work in latest version. I had to edit resources\scrapers\local\scraper.py to get it working.

I added this to line 21:

Code:
_S_ = _A_.getSetting

Then in fetch_trailers I changed

Code:
self.tmp_trailers = dirEntries( self.settings[ "trailer_folder" ] , "video", "TRUE", "-trailer" )
To
Code:
self.tmp_trailers = dirEntries( _S_("trailer_folder") , "video", "TRUE", "-trailer" )

Not sure if this is the best method, but seems to work now.

Strange.. It should work(tested with both Download sources(AMT Db and AMT Site)

The change you made will work, except it plays from the local folder(which can be different then the download folder)

I'll double check the code that sets - self.settings[ "trailer_folder" ] - before calling the local scraper.

Thanks for the heads up...
When playing the trailer with the latest version of "cinema experience" when I press "O" appears as the DXVA enabled but the cpu consumption is 70%, with version 1.0 the cpu is 20%. This is very rare.
giftie Wrote:I can't make any promises that it will/will not work on ATV2, as I don't have one. There is a different version of Python use in the ATV2 vs the version used as default for all other systems(this should change for Eden) The script also does not run from the Addons Window, it will always error out. If you use Night, it needs to be Night SVN, because I don't think the last stable version had the script functioning(I could be wrong)

okay, got it running after installing the SVN version.. just trying to get all the media i'd like for the add-on to use, now. one question though, after selecting 'cinema' from the movie's page, it takes probably 45 seconds to a minute after dumping back a folder (where the rest of the movies are as well), then advances 1 movie, and then starts to play. is this 'normal' behaviour?
giftie Wrote:Made it by about 15 mins... lol...
Oh oh... it seems like I've lost all my Trivia music.

http://pastebin.com/28SZB4av
PatOso Wrote:When playing the trailer with the latest version of "cinema experience" when I press "O" appears as the DXVA enabled but the cpu consumption is 70%, with version 1.0 the cpu is 20%. This is very rare.

The script is now running in the background(since version 1.0.31), where on 1.0 it ended as soon as the video started to play. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate either, since mine shows 100% which would mean it should stutter even on the skin(Aeon MQ2 testing right now) and it's smooth. But the Higher CPU rate is because the script is running in the background.
So after uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version, I seem to be good.

I am going to try out HD-Trailers.NET Downloader for trailers. The feature list says it can create xbmc .nfo files, however the config file does not have this tag. Does anyone happen to know what this tag should be?

I've also posted at http://hdtrailersdler.codeplex.com, but doesn't seem to be a lot of activity over there.
barcoboy Wrote:Oh oh... it seems like I've lost all my Trivia music.

http://pastebin.com/28SZB4av

The strange thing is that I had music the first two times I ran the script today then nothing for the next five.. I removed code that would rebuild the Music if it ended(slide show longer than the music play list. ) I add it back, and it works every time..(quick test about 5 times)

I'll have a fixed version up soon...
Spanish Translation Update strings.xml r2056
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24