• 4(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
D-tyme Wrote:No crash log

i'm not on osx so i can't check, but according to the xbmc wiki:
Quote:Both OSX and AppleTVs will always create a Crashreporter log if any application crashes. These are found in /Users/username/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log where 'username' is the login username. For the AppleTV, the 'username' is 'frontrow'.

if you can find one, the best way forward would be to create a ticket on trac and attach the log.

D-tyme Wrote:but can be reproduced every time with a search of "Cosby." I'm thinking that its getting 100+ returns that it is crashing.

i'm not sure if that would be an issue, at least i can have it return 9000 items on my end without any problem.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK...the problem was I was looking for just that a CrashReporter.log. What was stored under the folder were SymLinks...

http://pastebin.com/JQDM1wxB
D-tyme Wrote:OK...the problem was I was looking for just that a CrashReporter.log. What was stored under the folder were SymLinks...

http://pastebin.com/JQDM1wxB

please create a bugreport on trac including a link to the crashlog.
add me to the cc list and i'll try to get one of the xbmc dev to look into it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is it possible to make a keyboard shortcut to use this search?
unabatedshagie Wrote:Is it possible to make a keyboard shortcut to use this search?

sure, it's as easy as:
RunAddon(script.globalsearch)
Apologise if this has been asked/suggested before but what about adding modifiers to the search?

By default if I search for House it goes through movies, tv and music.

What if when you prefix the search with tv: it would restrict the search to only tv shows? Similar for movies (movies:Avatar) or music (music:The Beatles)
in case you don't want to search certain categories, you can disable them in addon settings.

if you want to search only 1 category, you're better of using the default xbmc search option in the video / music library.

that being said, something that's still on my list is to add some kind of 'advanced search' option to the script, that should allow you to refine your search and also search by other options (year / genre and so on).
ronie Wrote:if you want to search only 1 category, you're better of using the default xbmc search option in the video / music library.

I was hoping to add a link to each section that would provide a search within it...

I guess I'll probably go with a only one global then.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I was hoping to add a link to each section that would provide a search within it...

ok, added an option so skins can specify the categories to search:
https://ronie.googlecode.com/files/scrip...-0.1.3.zip

please test and let me know if this is what you're looking for.

some examples:
Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch,movies=true)

RunScript(script.globalsearch,tvshows=true&musicvideos=true&songs=true)
Thanks.

I should be able to give some feedback in a few days.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ronie Wrote:please test and let me know if this is what you're looking for.

For some reason I had to restart XBMC after installing script but it's working great now.

I have to find out why I can not start Movies that had been found by search.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

nice script man...but i miss one thing...can you add actor search soo if i type jonny depp all movies of depp shows? please
coolio99 Wrote:nice script man...but i miss one thing...can you add actor search soo if i type jonny depp all movies of depp shows? please

i agree that would be a nice feature to have.
will look into it.
ronie Wrote:ok, added an option so skins can specify the categories to search:
https://ronie.googlecode.com/files/scrip...-0.1.3.zip

please test and let me know if this is what you're looking for.

some examples:
Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch,movies=true)

RunScript(script.globalsearch,tvshows=true&musicvideos=true&songs=true)

this version (v.1.0.3) is now in the addon repo.
Star 
Searching for Super 8 using the Home page search function with T! installed (Pre-Eden Nov 17th compile, T! SVN, Win7/64 V1.0.3 of GS) and only typing the word 'Super' bring some results... but no Super 8. Typing in 'Super 8' does bring it up. The same search in the traditional function finds it along with a few other 'Super'.

Wild carding allowed?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1