• 33(current)
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard
just got mine.
threw in the dongle it worked fine for about 2 min. then became un-responsive. switched the batteries and it seems to be working fine again. this thread is becoming quite large. so i'll ask here has anyone mapped a color button to "C" or the context menu yet? if so mind sharing how you did it?

running live on a zotac (atom) nettop.
dan991199 Wrote:just got mine.
threw in the dongle it worked fine for about 2 min. then became un-responsive. switched the batteries and it seems to be working fine again. this thread is becoming quite large. so i'll ask here has anyone mapped a color button to "C" or the context menu yet? if so mind sharing how you did it?

For the red key, just do <f3 mod="shift">(whatever context is)</f3>
josh4trunks Wrote:I believe the option is in Settings > System > Input Methods, but yeah changing that made accidentally flipping the remote over alot less annoying.

I may just be being thick here, but I just can't find this option....under Input Devices I just have "Peripherals" (which does nothing), and then the two options for keyboard and mouse settings.

Also, the left click issue is getting increasingly annoying. Malard (or anyone else) is there any hope of a resolution to this? - or is it something those of us who were brave enough to order the first batch will have to live with forever? Sad
Just got my Nyxboard (along with a fresh install of 10.1) and it seems to be working quite well. I noticed that for IR controls, it doesn't work very well if I point the remote directly at the device; I have to point the top leading edge of the remote at the device (so it looks like I'm aiming below the target) and it works flawlessly.

The keymap.nyxboard.xml posted earlier in this thread (at http://pastebin.com/t1KFBKBr ) solved all of my initial problems. However, the one thing that's missing for me is that the Nyxboard power button won't automatically shutdown XBMC. (With my old mediacenter remote, the power button shuts down XBMC without a hitch.)

After doing some research, it looks like the keymap shutdown command is XBMC.ShutDown() but I can't find the Nyxboard power button in the keymap. I tried <power> and that didn't work. What does the power button on the remote correspond to?
kiboy6 Wrote:I may just be being thick here, but I just can't find this option....under Input Devices I just have "Peripherals" (which does nothing), and then the two options for keyboard and mouse settings.

Also, the left click issue is getting increasingly annoying. Malard (or anyone else) is there any hope of a resolution to this? - or is it something those of us who were brave enough to order the first batch will have to live with forever? Sad

If you have a fault, raise it at [email protected] and they will swap the remote for you
redvenomweb Wrote:Just got my Nyxboard (along with a fresh install of 10.1) and it seems to be working quite well. I noticed that for IR controls, it doesn't work very well if I point the remote directly at the device; I have to point the top leading edge of the remote at the device (so it looks like I'm aiming below the target) and it works flawlessly.

The keymap.nyxboard.xml posted earlier in this thread (at http://pastebin.com/t1KFBKBr ) solved all of my initial problems. However, the one thing that's missing for me is that the Nyxboard power button won't automatically shutdown XBMC. (With my old mediacenter remote, the power button shuts down XBMC without a hitch.)

After doing some research, it looks like the keymap shutdown command is XBMC.ShutDown() but I can't find the Nyxboard power button in the keymap. I tried <power> and that didn't work. What does the power button on the remote correspond to?

It's not mappable, you would need to bind another key to bring up the shutdown menu/close XBMC, the Power button is hard coded to VK_SLEEP which the operating system consumes
Malard Wrote:It's not mappable, you would need to bind another key to bring up the shutdown menu/close XBMC, the Power button is hard coded to VK_SLEEP which the operating system consumes
So what is the Nyxboard power button intended to do with an XBMCLive system? Right now, it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Do I have to install suspend support in order for the Nyxboard power button to work?
redvenomweb Wrote:So what is the Nyxboard power button intended to do with an XBMCLive system? Right now, it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Do I have to install suspend support in order for the Nyxboard power button to work?

Yes you would, the remote sends VK_SLEEP so the system needs to be able to react to it
Malard Wrote:If you have a fault, raise it at [email protected] and they will swap the remote for you

Will do - although seeing as everybody seems to have the same problem there'd be no point swapping it for another one with the exact same fault.

I was hoping that it may just be a firmware issue, but I guess not?

Anyone have any idea how to definitively disable the search dialog upon flipping the remote over with the latest nightlies....I just can't find anything within XBMC gui settings - but perhaps there's an advanced setting I can alter?

Also, the channel up/down buttons work nicely as page-up page down in XBMC library views....however sustained keypresses don't work in the same way they do for volume (ie. if you hold it down it will scroll a couple of pages and then stop)...is this something that can be modified in the nyxboad.keyboard.xml?

Thanks
kiboy6 Wrote:Will do - although seeing as everybody seems to have the same problem there'd be no point swapping it for another one with the exact same fault.

I was hoping that it may just be a firmware issue, but I guess not?

Anyone have any idea how to definitively disable the search dialog upon flipping the remote over with the latest nightlies....I just can't find anything within XBMC gui settings - but perhaps there's an advanced setting I can alter?

Also, the channel up/down buttons work nicely as page-up page down in XBMC library views....however sustained keypresses don't work in the same way they do for volume (ie. if you hold it down it will scroll a couple of pages and then stop)...is this something that can be modified in the nyxboad.keyboard.xml?

Thanks

I've been told by Motorola that these issues are fixed in the shipment due today, I will test and know better at that point, I want to stress that overall I'm seeing around 2% of users with the range or left click issue. So a replacement probably will fix it

Go into the System -> Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals to remove the flip action
Malard Wrote:I've been told by Motorola that these issues are fixed in the shipment due today, I will test and know better at that point, I want to stress that overall I'm seeing around 2% of users with the range or left click issue. So a replacement probably will fix it

Go into the System -> Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals to remove the flip action

OK, will contact pulse-eight support directly then...thanks. Apart from this issue I totally love the rmote too...so thanks again for all your work on it.

Selecting "peripherals" does nothing for me....is there a corresponding .xml that needs to be somewhere in order for that to work?

(I have deleted nyxboard.keyboard.xml from the installation folder and put the modified one from this thread in my userdata keympas folder)

Thanks for the help Smile
Malard Wrote:It's not mappable, you would need to bind another key to bring up the shutdown menu/close XBMC, the Power button is hard coded to VK_SLEEP which the operating system consumes

as i wrote in a earlier post, it is mappable on the os level (linux). please see:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=910...tcount=460
dan991199 Wrote:just got mine.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...yboard.xml
Ok, have a VERY strange problem occuring with my remote. Configured the red button as a start up for XBMC by assigning Shift+F3 in the start up shortcut, also have the red button configured to run the XBMC.ShutDown() command in my xml file. I started up XBMC by double clicking the short cut and exited by pressing the red button no problems, i then stared xbmc by pressing the red button, tried to exit by pressing the red button but nothing happened. Exited XBMC and for some reason the red button is now executing CTRL+ALT??

I've tried uninstalling all the drivers for it, unplugging the dongle, removing the batteries for over 5 minutes, all to no avail.

EDIT: Ok, seems to be a bug in the software of the device, i have just done the same thing on the blue button with the exact same result.
just wondering.. is there a linux package available with the proper remote mappings and fixes available? I used to have my system set up from some repo for semi-regular upgrades and bug reports. I've been developing on Android lately so I've been out of the loop.... I think I'm ready to try something a bit more cutting edge/bleeding edge, but not nightlies on my main media center.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard1