• 85(current)
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad
Hello together, hello grywnn!

First I want to thank for the new Release and the 'corrected' square size of the artist thumbs - seems to work like a charm Smile

Well, but there is one mysterious behavior I want to report:

Lets think about a music album with the following songs in it:

1 Charlies Song
2 Bravo, Bravo!
3 Zeppelin is flying
4 Apple oh my Apple
5 Give me more

If I look into the album, all songs are shown in the order above.
Now I say "Add album to playlist".
If I look into the playlist, it looks like this:

4 Apple oh my Apple
2 Bravo, Bravo!
1 Charlies Song
5 Give me more
3 Zeppelin is flying

The problem: the added songs are not in the album-order but in alphabetical order.

Second irritation:

In album view, if I tap on song number 4, "Apple oh my Apple" and say "Start playing beginning with this song", the playlist looks like this:

4 Apple oh my Apple
2 Bravo, Bravo!
1 Charlies Song
5 Give me more
3 Zeppelin is flying

But the played song is (correctly) the song number four in this list, "Give me more" instead of "Apple oh my Apple" (which is now at position 1).

So the "play, starting here" does the correct job, but the general order of the songs is wrong.

I am not sure if this is a problem with XBMC itself or XBMC Commander, but this behavior remains since a few versions of both softwares. I can't tell if it existed with the stable Dharma 10.1, but it is in the last commander combined with nighties.

Finally I want to report a slight instability around the "playlist". Using the shuffle-function often crashes the commander, and switching to the party-mode does this as well. So some stabilizing has to be done Smile

I'm interested if somebody experienced the same things or not, please post your comments Smile

Greetings from Switzerland
Kai
Love the update, works better and you fixed the long wait for movies to propagate
Hi,

Love this remote but I have a few questions / remarks. Note that I use this app with the iPhone only, so I am not sure if all is applicable to the iPad.

- Did the "Party Mix" button disappear since the latest update? Not sure if it was located at the playlist window, but I am sure I have been using this feature before. Or am I going nuts?

- Navigation in long lists (like music Artists and Songs): there is no way to quickly navigate the list, so in a list of 100+ items this really is a pain. (You could say the search function is a nice feature that solves this problem, but if this was the case why show a list at all?) So if there is a list, you want to have a means of navigating quickly through it.
Why not use the Apple way, so apart from the search bar also showing a letter&number bar on the right of the window that allows you to quickly jump to a specific letter or number? They use it in a lot of apps like contacts, music, etc. It just makes sense. There is another XBMC remote (called XBMC Remote Smile) that uses exactly these lists, so I am sure it can be done.

-By the way, XBMC remote also has a very nice way of navigating the current played item, much the same way as the default apple Music app uses. There is a "now playing" button in the right top corner that brings you directly to the song currently playing, with a very nice full screen visualisation of the album artwork (much better then those small poststamps in XBMC commander), again in a interface just like the Apple music app. Even better, from there you can access the extra album/artist info that is stored in your xbmc library (Artist, Album, Genre, Year, track and a nice text comment/review on the band or album) and also rate the song 1 to 5 stars. Basically XBMC remote is again smart in following the way Apple designed the music app and even included a small bonus with the extra album/artist info.

In other areas the mentioned XBMC remote is somewhat lacking (especially in stability and new developments), but the "Apple like" interface for browsing, playing, viewing and rating music is really great. If this could be added to XBMC commander this would make it the perfect remote in my humble opinion. Now I find myself switching between the 2 apps all the time, which is confusing and somewhat tiresome.

Edit:
Another remark: in when trying to use "tap and hold" in the Gestures section, the context menu does not show up (checked with other remotes and the context menu is there.)
Anyone else not getting the HD flags?
Slipx Wrote:Anyone else not getting the HD flags?

i guess they are there ... you see that bluray cases? i think that are the hd flags Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HD flags showing on iPhone as "HD" logo next to the ratings, in list view only.
Updated to the latest version but this and the last version crash on launch.... Before it has chance to try and log in. It used to work.

Running iPad on ios5... However it runs fine on iphone4 on ios5.

Tried uninstall, how cani make sure that all traces are removed before reinstall? (I have a jail broken iPad and have purchased the software)

Regards
Tony
Spants Wrote:Updated to the latest version but this and the last version crash on launch.... Before it has chance to try and log in. It used to work.

Running iPad on ios5... However it runs fine on iphone4 on ios5.

Tried uninstall, how cani make sure that all traces are removed before reinstall? (I have a jail broken iPad and have purchased the software)

Regards
Tony

Prob why it does not work since you jail broke it a s I have a ipad2 with iOS5 and works fine
meridius Wrote:Prob why it does not work since you jail broke it a s I have a ipad2 with iOS5 and works fine

Nothing to do with jailbreak. My iphone4 works fine on jailbreak.
The app used to work fine on jailbreak.

I have a large collection of films, could that be the problem?

How do I delete all traces inc thumbnails so I can reinstall?

Thanks
Tony
Hello grywnn,

Did you receive my crash logs?

Cheers,
Walter
Wondering if there is a way to wake my mini running xbmc with commander.
Most of you are aware that with lion an explicit mouse click or keyboard press has to be sent to wake the Mac. Wondering if we could simulate a keyboard/mouse click over Bluetooth using commander

Currently I have to keep the trackpad handy to wake the Mac before I can use commander to navigate.
Just to give you a short notice:
I'm currently coughing my lungs out Sad
Slowly getting better though - but things are slowed down a lot for the last and next few days.
Will answer all questions when i've got a clear head again.
Thanks for the notice, hope you will get better soon!

Apart from my other remarks about the general navigation and the "now playing" features, I really hope that in the next iPhone/iPod version the "Party" button in the Playlist window will be back. In version 1.3.5 it was still there.
Hi

Just wondering if this an issue with the lastest version of xbmc commander, when I bring up the keyboard and press c to bring up the context menu it puts the volume up, using xbmc on a pulsebox.

Paul
Hi,

I bought your app, and it's really great.

But i'm missing the PVR function, which is working on custom XBMC builds. The PVR function have just been integrated into another XBMC remote (XBMC constellation).

Do you got any plans integrating this?
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad13