• 24(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
thanks!!
Thank you for your reply BlackMan.

You probably think I meant the web server port, which you can also configure in XbmcOniMonVFD.

No, I was talking about a TCP socket on port 9090 opened by the JSON-RPC API.
Seeing that I still had conflicts on port 9090 after I modified the Advancedsettings.xml to set the JSON-RPC TCP port to port 9999, I came to the false conclusion that applications that called the JSON-RPC API had to set this port as well.

Sorry to waste your time!
Twigtechnology Wrote:Thank you for your reply BlackMan.

You probably think I meant the web server port, which you can also configure in XbmcOniMonVFD.

No, I was talking about a TCP socket on port 9090 opened by the JSON-RPC API.
Seeing that I still had conflicts on port 9090 after I modified the Advancedsettings.xml to set the JSON-RPC TCP port to port 9999, I came to the false conclusion that applications that called the JSON-RPC API had to set this port as well.

Sorry to waste your time!

hello,

this port is hardcoded in the jsonrpc library.

here the source codes:
the json lib, i modify only the methods needed in xbmcOnImon.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JA3DT23O

the xbmcOnImonVFD, i rewrote all for VFD and removed the LCD stuff since it doesn't work the same way.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TD66N23T
Hello all,

well, I have started working on it, you can follow the progress at http://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-on-imon, where you can find the source codes too. You can also report bugs and request new features using Issue tracker on github.com.

cdenfert:
Thanks for your source codes.

Twigtechnology:
The JSON-RPC port can be changed now if still desired. (For me it was a test if I'm able to know what I'm doingBig Grin)
Many Thanks BlackMan for your work. I hope it would be better an better
ImageImageImage
Good luck with this one, BlackMan!
Thumbs Up 
Hello all, I just registered to say my compliments and many thanks for your great work here!

Thank you BlackMan for your imon-on-xbmbc, I am using XBMC eden v11.0 beta1 with lates iMon Version and an Antec Fusion Max - its working like a charm!

Keep your work up!

Cheers and a all of you a happy and wealthy 2012!
just read the entire thread....oh.. my head is spinning..

i'm migrating from MediaPortal to XBMC, i'm loving xbmc because of it ease of setup but man this reminds me of setting up/configuring MP. the sucky thing is that MP supported these displays natively..

still dont know which versions to use.. i'm running
xbmc 10.1
latest iMON drivers/software
LCD display..

will the blackman version work on 10.1?
ToXIc69:
If you are using XBMC 10.1, you need to download Montellese's version of XBMC on iMon: https://github.com/downloads/Montellese/....1.4.0.rar.

BTW, iMon manager is able to provide some basic support for displaying information from XBMC on iMon display. However, this way is not satisfactory enough.
^^^
thanks..

i installed iMon ver. 7_95_1223 (this was the oldest i could find above the one recommended )

but XbmcOniMon still couldnt connect.

ran the port scanner and got this
9090/tcp unknown zeus-admin

googleing to find out what it is, anyone know?
Try the newest version from Imon. I have this installed and it Works fine
ImageImageImage
ToXIc69 Wrote:but XbmcOniMon still couldnt connect.

ran the port scanner and got this
9090/tcp unknown zeus-admin

Make sure no other running software on your computer is using TCP port 9090. If this is not the problem (however, it looks like that), you can enable debug mode in the GUI and provide me with the debug log. Then, I will try to help you.
You guys have been so helpfull.

@cdenfert

Thank you for the source code.
It has been more than 15 years ago since I last compiled my own tools written in C, and I can only manage a few hours a week behind a monitor. That being said I might try to install a compiler and see if I can get xbmcOnImonVFD to build.

@BlackMan

Wow! Thank you for adding the announcement port field.
Setting this to the same unique port I defined in userdata/advancedsettings.xml (9999) instead of the default port 9090, allows me to run Logitech's media server and xbmc simultaniously!

BTW, It was a nice surprise to see that when I pause the playback of a video file xbmcOnImon uses the two lines available on the VFD.

Paused
00:24:10

This message does not get updated when resuming play, but it does update when paused again or when playback is stopped.
Would be nice if there was something like a line break character so I could display %artist% on the upper line and %title% on the lower.

@ToXIc69
Try using Blackman's latest test build set the announcement port to 9999 and create an advancedsettings.xml file and add this entry.

<advancedsettings>
<jsonrpc>
<tcpport>9999</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

For more information about the advancedsettings.xml and where to create it see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml
Twigtechnology:

Not updating after resume issue was added to the bug list. I will do my best to get it working correctly but not having VFD display makes any testing impossible. It will be up to youSmile
The request regarding the line breaker was added to the request list.

All:

Generally, I will try to keep this program working with VFDs as well as LCDs but as I stated earlier I have no VFD display to test on. It means there might arise some problems I will not be able to reveal during the development.
I didn't go through modifications that cdenfert made in the code for VFDs, so his branch may go a different way.

And finally I have a question for all of you. I noticed that it is possible to keep the display on while pc is in sleep mode in iMon Manager tool. However, it is not possible to configure the message that is shown. It shows current time in a terrible unreadable font and in AM/PM format. Does anybody know how to configure this? The time is OK for me, but what about the font and format? Thanks for any hint...
I will gladly help testing!

The Digitek font (LCD module) and time format (LCD/VFD) used when the system is in suspended mode are set in the non-upgradeable firmware of the Soundgraph modules.
I found this searching Soundgraph's user forums for a way to dim the backlight of the LCD module, which is also not possible.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7