• 13(current)
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled.
saitrix Wrote:Is there any word on proper 24p support with Ivy Bridge?

Supposedly Ivy Bridge addresses the 24p issue.
XBMCRocksMyBoat Wrote:Just wanted to mention that the stutter problem I was talking about lately on this thread got fixed: Click here

Now, I'm happy again with my XBMC HPTC.. I'm still using my Radeon HD6570, and I probably will keep using it (the CPU fan makes less noise with the GPU card in it)..

awesome. totally works for me. no more stuttering and hardware accel works great

btw i did not update my video drivers to the latest....
XBMCRocksMyBoat Wrote:Just wanted to mention that the stutter problem I was talking about lately on this thread got fixed: Click here

Now, I'm happy again with my XBMC HPTC.. I'm still using my Radeon HD6570, and I probably will keep using it (the CPU fan makes less noise with the GPU card in it)..

Just registered to say thanks for this link, totally solved my problems with DXVA2 on my new HTPC with a Pentium G620T.

I crash to desktop when I try to play an HD movie with this build. Any idea? I tried the lastest nightly and all I get is a black screen when playing HD movies but turning off DXVA and it plays fine.(but would obviously prefer to play using dxva for lower power consumption and heat
Apparently there the is only one or perhaps just a few nightly builds where dxva worked for intel HD graphics? Not sure. I think that most people are using a build from Aug 17th but those builds are no longer available on the xbmc mirror list. I just tried the latest nightly build (11-Oct-11) today and it crashed my system. I tried the oldest build (27-Sep-11) on the xbmc mirror list and it crashed as well. So I think we need an older build but I'm not exactly sure where to get one.

Can someone help us out here and post a link to a build where hw acceleration works with intel graphics?

edit: I updated the Intel graphics driver last night and now dxva is working just fine using the nightly build from 11-Oct-11.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Good. Be happy to hear working correctly on Intel H61&I3.
portokala123 Wrote:Did you try to disable windows 7 UAC? It resolve 23.976 problem.

Is that so ?
just disable UAC ?
how can i verify that ? (o key ?)
After over 5 months I am revisiting this topic to see if the DXVA bug or issue got fixed. Sadly to find out that it hasn't. I tried a few builds but I still get blocking once the picture moves.

Also I am suffering, when using software decoding, from some weird synch issue where the video will stutter for 3-5 secs every 30 mins or so.
phusebox Wrote:After over 5 months I am revisiting this topic to see if the DXVA bug or issue got fixed. Sadly to find out that it hasn't. I tried a few builds but I still get blocking once the picture moves.

+1

With DXVA enabled I still get blocking with some material that works fine using software on my Pentium G850 with Asus P8H67-V. Running latest nightly build (10 dec 2011) and latest intel drivers (27 oct 2011).

Screenshots:
Image4

Is the above all still true, even with Eden Beta 1? That's entirely disappointing if so. I'm only a couple days or so from ordering an Intel i3-2100 with z68 chipset board specifically for an XBMC HTPC build for a friend.

Is there a straight answer to these two questions:

1) Will DXVA and DXVA2 operate properly with Sandy Bridge HD2000 graphics?

2) Will a noticeable/annoying re-sync happen every so often during playback b/c of 24fps instead of 23.976?

Thanks,
Salem
Of the 4 HTPC's I have been through, my i3 setup has been the most reliable, enjoyable, with the best picture. I came from an atom system with an ATI HD5xxx card most recently.

So yes, there are still GPU acceleration problems. But no, it will not bother you unless you are VERY anal.
Thanks, I'm just torn between building him an HTPC using the Intel 2100's HD 2000 or adding a Radeon 6570 and be done with it. Ivy Bridge i3 is too far out at this point.

Edit: I suppose the smartest thing is for me to test the HD 2000 for a bit before adding a discrete card. It's primary duty will be 1080p bluray remuxes.
Salem Wrote:Edit: I suppose the smartest thing is for me to test the HD 2000 for a bit before adding a discrete card. It's primary duty will be 1080p bluray remuxes.
That would be my advice to you. Why bother getting a GPU if you don't need it? I've tried the Intel HD graphics on my G620 (basically identical to the HD2000 on the i3) and compared it to a HD5450 and a G210 and I could not see any difference.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
just ordered a intel g620 for an htpc build. has the dxva problem been resolved in the newest eden beta + intel drivers?
vinistois Wrote:Of the 4 HTPC's I have been through, my i3 setup has been the most reliable, enjoyable, with the best picture. I came from an atom system with an ATI HD5xxx card most recently.

So yes, there are still GPU acceleration problems. But no, it will not bother you unless you are VERY anal.

Im interested to know WHAT ARE THE GPU ACCELERATION PROBLEM.

Thanks.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled.2