everything is there, but the REMOTE doesnt work
Question 
just like the title says. just recently got an Archo 101 and the official XBMC remote

after a few missed times i got the Now Playing to work and it correctly displays my Movies and TV Shows.

i can select a Movie or Episode and play it, but I cannot stop it, pause it or do anything with the Remote aspect.

i checked my settings and all seemed well

thanks for any and all help anyone can give me, its a great app!

joe
same problem on the most recent XBMC remote and Dharma... Anyone know whats happening ? There are no error messages or anything and album art shows - just no control whatsoever...
I suppose you both checked the Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC setting in XBMC?

Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
hi freezy, thanks for the reply.

i am 99.9% sure i did. i made sure everything was allowing access. i will double check when i get home.

what was weird was the remote worked initially when the rest of the XBMC remote did not (couldnt connect, could not see movies, tv shows ect...) then after i got the ports and authentication worked out...they switched!

i suppose id rather be able to see my collection and choose a video vs. play/pause but, hell, itd be nice to have my cake and eat it too! haha

thanks again for the help

joe
I'm having the same problem too - either of you get it solved?
NO SIR - i did check the settings, everything seems to be in order.

any other ideas out there?

i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail.
Hey Guys... I did have the same problem with my Motorola Defy. I went into system setup in XBMC and changed the Web interface into some other which can be downloaded and back to default. Since then I can use the remote control.

Perhaps it works? maybe it was pure random result...
well, i fixed my issue.

it was my Event Port Server (going by memory here, so if thats not it exacatllyy im sorry lol)

however i had mine changed to port 8080 - well, recently i got an android phone (lg optimus) and loaded XBMC on there and it worked perfectly. so i compared the settings.

my event server port (or vice versa) should have been 9777 - i assume this is for everyone, so give it a try and you should be good!

thanks !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
everything is there, but the REMOTE doesnt work0