Video File Mode empty
I see the videos in Library Mode, in TV Shows and Movies. IMDB got a few titles wrong, I exited the program, fixed the titles and wanted to rescan, the File Mode however was empty. I have searched the forums but have not found an answer. Could anybody help please? I use Windows 7. Same thing happened yesterday, after deleting a few files in the user directory, I was able to start from scratch. I have also tried cleaning up the database.
Star 
Scraping isn't perfect... with a few titles wrong. So with the movie cover of the wrong title in focus, hit the 'I' key for information and refresh, when XBMC asks to go to the internet for the title... allow it, then either pick something else in the list (if there even is a list) or hit manual.... which should bring up an on screen keyboard to search manually.... If you still don't seem to find it, change scrapers in settings. (note the title could have 'another' foreign title, that one of the databases goes by) failing that, you'll have to drag out the editor.

Remember to clean the library in system settings to get rid of the unwanted images.

Fixing the titles, by deleting files in the user dir... is not a solution I'm familiar with. Please elaborate more...
If I understand correctly, his real problem is that he's met with a blank screen after selecting the Videos home menu item, and the scraping issue is just the prologue Smile

Now, I have the exact same problem! I have no idea what happened, yesterday everything was fine, but the Videos file view is completely empty now, no sources, no add source, only an empty window with the "..." on top which takes me back to the home menu. Tried different skins. Can't seem to find a solution anywhere, like OP.
hit backspace.
it remembers the last place you went, and if that place was empty....
i had to ask this just a couple of months ago.
I'm afraid it's not that simple, it's like there's nothing there at all, no matter how I try to navigate. If I press backspace, or the "..." (one level up icon), I go to the home screen. Going to file mode from library mode produces the same result.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I believe I have the same issue.
Came to the forums to find an answer to this exact problem. I even uninstalled XBMC (inluding user folder) and reloaded 10.1. With Neon, Night, Alaska, Aeon, etc the videos and movies selections are completely empty (only .. is displayed and there's no way to change this display), no add source or addons selections are available. With the baseline confluence skin it seems to be ok though for some reason.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening?
zachmorris Wrote:Came to the forums to find an answer to this exact problem. I even uninstalled XBMC (inluding user folder) and reloaded 10.1. With Neon, Night, Alaska, Aeon, etc the videos and movies selections are completely empty (only .. is displayed and there's no way to change this display), no add source or addons selections are available. With the baseline confluence skin it seems to be ok though for some reason.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening?

You say movies selections are empty too, are you still talking about file mode or something else? The Confluence skin doesn't do anything different for me, though it's the only skin which actually shows the "...", also I can press C and get a menu of only "settings", which brings me to library settings. Still talking about what happens in file mode here. But Neon, for instance, only gives me a completely black screen, I can move my mouse in it but that's all.
This is my first post on the forum, so first of all let me say hello to everybody!

I've been using xbmc on Windows 7 since XBMC 10.1 and so far everything was fine.
But since yesterday, I have the exaet same problem than : Video Library is completely empty (black screen in Neon skin), and the only thing I can do is backspace to come back to the home menu, or "C" which indeed displays only the "settings" menu and goes to library settings.

I initially thought that it was an isolated problem on my configuration, but seeing all these posts on the same issue, I now believe that something else must have changed since yesterday or the day before.

I continue searching and will let you know if I find something more.
As zachmorris said, it works in confluence (but only if I restart with confluence active, changing it doesn't immediately fix it). I also noticed that I can't use anything related to video file mode, including all video addons. A reinstall did nothing, so I'd have to wipe my userdata to fix it I guess, that really is a last resort Sad

Really really weird bug!

BTW, I wonder if everyone here has been using Neon?
Yes, I'm using Neon, and indeed all video related addons (trailers, ...) are also broken.
Changing skin doesn't help so I guess my profile is corrupted :-(

I'm going to re-install everything and rebuild a new profile from scratch...
moulinex78 Wrote:This is my first post on the forum, so first of all let me say hello to everybody!

I've been using xbmc on Windows 7 since XBMC 10.1 and so far everything was fine.
But since yesterday, I have the exaet same problem than : Video Library is completely empty (black screen in Neon skin), and the only thing I can do is backspace to come back to the home menu, or "C" which indeed displays only the "settings" menu and goes to library settings.

Are you using Neon from the XBMC Official Repo or from the Passion Repo? If you're not sure, does it show just "Neon" or "Neon (SVN)" in Settings > Appearance > Skin?

Thanks,
-stoli-
moulinex78 Wrote:Yes, I'm using Neon, and indeed all video related addons (trailers, ...) are also broken.
Changing skin doesn't help so I guess my profile is corrupted :-(

I'm going to re-install everything and rebuild a new profile from scratch...

You can start by just deleting your guisettings.xml from C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata and the starting xbmc. This restores all settings to defaults.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:You can start by just deleting your guisettings.xml from C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata and the starting xbmc. This restores all settings to defaults.

Thanks a million times Stoli !
You saved my day ! (well my night here in Belgium;-)

Deleting guisettings.xml fixed everything, I now have to reconfigure the interface, but this is peanuts compared to rebuilding my profile from scratch.

To answer your previous question, I'm using Neon (SVN).

Seeing that other persons have been affected by the same issue around the same date, do you think this is related to a bug in this current version and that it might pop-up again ?

Thanks again!
My most recent submissions to Git (where the Passion SVN comes from) is designed for the Nightly builds of xbmc and that likely caused the problems. I've updated the version requirements so the Passion repo should show it as "broken" if you are not using a version of XMBC that is supported.

Hope that helps. If you need more info, just post over in the Neon forum and I'll be glad to assist.

Thanks,
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video File Mode empty0