ps3media server and atv2
I was wondering what the cons were for using ps3media server to stream to the atv2? Can you still use library mode and have all the functionality like smb? Do thumbs shows up? My brothers setup is getting alot of buffer on 720p movies via smb (mine is fine however) so thinking about getting ps3media server on his setup to see if it works.

Thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
AFAIK PS3 Media Server uses UPnP to serve files. Library mode normally does not work with UPnP sources because the addresses used to find the files with this protocol are dynamic, and library mode requires that they are static. However, PS3 Media Server appears to be an exception to the rule. I don't have any personal experience of it, but according to this post it can be done:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=751...stcount=30
(but there are shortcomings with respect to refreshing movie info - see post linked to above)
No experience with upnp, so can't comment on that. But for many people FTP seems to be the best way to stream..
How can I setup ftp? Using ubuntu 10.10.
'apt-get install proftpd'
but may want to google 'ubuntu proftpd'
does library work with ftp?
rflores2323 Wrote:does library work with ftp?

yes
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
what are the limitations using ftp with the atv2? have read/searched and didnt find anywhere where it shows this?
rflores2323 Wrote:what are the limitations using ftp with the atv2? have read/searched and didnt find anywhere where it shows this?

I think the only limitation is that you can't delete any files if using an FTP source.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
well I tried to install proftpd and couldnt get the gui set up so I went wtih the ps3 media server. Installed it and it worked. configured ps3mediaserver and added the source thru upnp on xbmc and library worked etc..
rflores2323 Wrote:well I tried to install proftpd and couldnt get the gui set up so I went wtih the ps3 media server. Installed it and it worked. configured ps3mediaserver and added the source thru upnp on xbmc and library worked etc..

When you say you configured ps3mediaserver and added the source do you mind explaining what you specifically did?

I've got ps3ms and i've gone into the the 'Navigation/Share settings' tab and added a folder full of .avi's

however when i go to add a video source in xbmc as upnp - it recognises the ps3ms on my macbook pro however the only folders it shows are the 'web' folder and the '#- Video Settings -#' folder

Have you got any thoughts as to why it wouldn't be showing the folder I selected to share. I've hit save and restart http server in ps3ms but it still won't show my folder.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ps3media server and atv20