New XBMC Build
Hi everyone, my first thread so please go easy on me. I have read a heap of the posts and have based my build on Eskro's suggested config.

eskro firstly, thanks for all your posts and suggested builds - you and poofyhairguy are owed a large debt of gratitude from all us newbies.

I am building a HTPC based on W7 with XBMC. Will be streaming 1080 mkv from a network server in addition to that I will view websites such as Youtube and myp2p.eu to watch video online (in Australia so noo Hulu yet but coming so that would be good too).

My build is as per below:

CPU - INTEL BX80571E3400 CELERON E3400 2.60GHz 1MB CACHE 800FSB LGA775Case and PSU - Aywun MI-100 Mini-ITX Cube Case, Black w/mirror front, 200W PSU
GC - Gigabyte ATI HD 5450 PCI-E 2.0 512MB 128-bit DDR5, DVI/ HDMI/ Display Port, DX11, Fan
MB - Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P MB Intel G41+ICH7 FSB 1333MHz DDR3 1333 D-Sub PCI-Ex16 SATAII GbE
Memory - Corsair 4GB CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 (2x 2Gb) (1333MHz) DDR3 Performance solution RAM

I have a laptop 80GB HD aand will load the OS through a cd drive which I will remove once installed - won't use DVD or BR through XBMC.

Most is based on your build what are your thoughts.

Thanks again.

Cheers
Any reason why you're not using an nVidia video card?
well the Radeon HD-5xxx Series will give him BitStreaming capabilities..
maybe thats what he needs!

And even so,
for doing what you he told us in post #1,
even the ZACATE build from my guide would suit his needs!
only thing it wont do is 3D playback....
the rest it'll do!

by the way, you selected a MicroATX mobo and a miniITX case...
no good....
Thanks. The reason I haven't gone exactly the same as on of eskro's builds is that I want to get all the parts from one store and this build is the only one I can really get from one store - no running around. Remember I am in Australia and where I live there is limited choice. I also want to build this tody or tomorrow so doon't want to wait for postage. No need for 3D as the TV isn't 3D.

I will try and find a Micro box any suggestions?
Silverstone ML03

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC Build0