Library Mode won't play videos
Hi all,

I'm new to XBMC and have been having some issues getting it set up. Right now for experimentation purposes, my set up consists of a Windows 7 Ultimate 64B desktop connected via a Gigabit Ethernet connection to my UnRaid Server that also has a Gigabit Ethernet connection and is connected on the same network switch. From my PC I can browse (Windows Explorer) to a folder on my UnRaid called Digital Movies. Inside my Digital Movies folder I have each movie in it's own folder. From Windows Explorer I can play the movies from any media player with no problems.

When I go into my XBMC (I'm using the windows 10.1 version, that I just downloaded yesterday) I can add the folder to my Video's no problem and have had success with TMDB retrieving information for them. I can even play them from the Video - File view. When I switch the view to Library view, I get an error that file is no longer available and am asked if I would like to remove it.

As a test I moved a few files to my local hard drive and added them. They play fine from my Library. I'm at work now and don't have access to it, but I was hoping that someone may know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Dave
I figured it out finally. I was just typing in the path to my movies i.e. //Tower/Digital Movies/High Definition. I didn't realize that with SMB shares you had to put SMB:\\ in front of it until I saw the SMB option under browse. Once I set my shares up this way, everything worked great. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

Thanks,
Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Mode won't play videos0