• 9(current)
[RELEASE] ustvnow
castalla Wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

One of the most exasperating 'features' of many stream apps is that they exit without any reason or warning while playing. Restart always brings the stream back immediately. I've seen this on different video apps - the only one which seems immune from this is the bbc iplayer.

Strange.

just done some testing, actually the plugin seems to be working fine and is not broken (i thought it was as i had put my password in wrong Rolleyes)

some channels do appear to be broadcast in the wrong aspect ratio at the moment by ustvnow, but that is not the addons fault. you may be able to get xbmc to display it right by playing with the 'z' key.

if the stream is stopping there could be several reasons, for example lack of bandwidth (your end or the broadcasters end or somewhere in between!) or possibly librtmp problems, whatever the problem is there is nothing the addon author can do about it Wink

thanks,

t0mm0.

edit: also i'll take a look at adding playback of recordings back in as soon as something finishes recording on my account....
edit2: oh, ok, that works already too - why did i think that has been broken for ages?!?!
Hi, noob here, in the UK.

I have a Roku and ATV and prefer to use the ATV for USTV. Really enjoying your add on. Are there till issues with viewing recordings and are you still working on integrating further?

Thanks
Jon
I don't get any issues playing recordings
To those who have a paid account with usatv is it worth it? Im about to sign up, but would like some feedback from you guys first. Is the quality better than the free a/c? what are the recordings like? do they work perfectly? thanks, in advance.
Put of the free one fox and abc are best quality because of hd source. Generally the paid ones are not better quality. Some are a liitle better and some worse. Discovery , history , TNT , lifetime are the best quality.
bladeds Wrote:Put of the free one fox and abc are best quality because of hd source. Generally the paid ones are not better quality. Some are a liitle better and some worse. Discovery , history , TNT , lifetime are the best quality.

I cant see any HD quality in the streams, I think they have the worst streaming quality ever. Dont get the paid version, use livestreams instead. The stream quality is really bad. They should try improving at least the paid streams.
Seems to be a problem with the streams. I can't access any of the stations (Cnn, Tbs, Cn etc) Checked the login info, and also checked the website (where the streams are working fine).
Also, there seems to be a problem, loading recordings from certain channels e.g Discovery. hmmm, maybe a change in the stream code??
smiledr Wrote:I cant see any HD quality in the streams, I think they have the worst streaming quality ever. Dont get the paid version, use livestreams instead. The stream quality is really bad. They should try improving at least the paid streams.

i did not say hd quality just source, just the hd version of the channel being streamed at like 1mb/s. hd source does not degrade as much so fox and abc are better quality than others
I have a jailbroken ATV 2 and want to use this plug in. I have the plug in but how do I actually use it? I have no idea how any of this actually works, can someone please help?
edit: turns out i forgot to enter my user/pass after my most recent xbmc re-install. Blush carry on.
It was working again for me last night. All live channels but the DVR function is still messed up.
I'm having some problems with this plugin too--all the channels are working via USTVNow.com, but the XBMC plugin will only play about 1/2 of them. I don't have the DVR, use XBMC on both an iMac and a Windows 7 machine and both have the same issue...

TIA for a fix, I LOVE this plugin, it will suck to change channels using the mouse. Big Grin
The most Channels not working anymore. Please fix
Channels go in and out. Cant really complain because its free, but it seems like they might be moving some stuff around or changing how the site works.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ustvnow4