• 3(current)
[RELEASE] ustvnow
Hi there. Newbie here. How do I get to the addon settings to login? I can't seem to find it in any of the menus. Thanks!
Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply and bind a particular video setting to a particular channel? For Example, for a particular channel, would it be possible to have the video setting default to '16:9 Stretch' as opposed to always starting at 'Normal' to avoid having to adjust the video settings each time a new channel is selected?

EDIT: Resolved. It appears XBMC remembers the last setting on a particular channel in the add-on, so next time you go to that channel it automatically shows with your last selected setting.
Darknight007316 Wrote:Hi there. Newbie here. How do I get to the addon settings to login? I can't seem to find it in any of the menus. Thanks!

as with any other addon, highlight the addon and bring up the context menu ('c') and choose 'addon settings'

thanks,

t0mm0
Sorry for the newbie question but do I do that in terminal or is that something I can access right from the xbmc app on the atv 2? Thanks!
Darknight007316 Wrote:Sorry for the newbie question but do I do that in terminal or is that something I can access right from the xbmc app on the atv 2? Thanks!

In xbmc Big Grin
in xbmc on ATV2 hold the menu button till the menu pops up.
Thanks!
Pete7 Wrote:Thanks justash.

$50 a month for all the channels, holy @#$%!

I suppose it would be worth it for some people outside the US.

Is this a trial free service, or is it $50
blueseeka Wrote:Is this a trial free service, or is it $50

according to the site, only a few channels are free, but they currently don't appear to be checking your subscription status when you go to watch any of the channels....
t0mm0 -such great work you've done.
Thank you so much
Trying it now
t0mm0 Wrote:according to the site, only a few channels are free, but they currently don't appear to be checking your subscription status when you go to watch any of the channels....

Actually now they do the check the subscription and you don't get access to other channels other than the free ones.
I've just signed up and no luck seeing anything other than the above.

I am interested only in one channel from their premium lineup, so $29/m (plan w/o DVR) is not worth it.

Good plugin, overpriced service.
There are other services that are just as expensive, but at least they have all HD channels...
Thanks
t0mm0 Wrote:you MUST now add your email/password in the addon settings in order to view streams.

lets see if this version can last a whole 24 hours before they change something Wink

t0mm0

Hi t0mmo0,

Nice work. We are working on putting together a proper interface to our service to better integrate with 3rd party viewing platforms, but you did a great job with what you had. Now that users have to log-in and access control works as it should, we are glad to be supported on one more platform. I was not able to get the quality working correctly to view the highest quality stream, but everything else worked great. I will have to get some better quality graphics and see what it takes to integrate our DVR. Any other feedback/ suggestions are welcome.

-eric

Nationphone & TV
http://www.ustvnow.com
ericustvnow Wrote:Hi t0mmo0,

Nice work. We are working on putting together a proper interface to our service to better integrate with 3rd party viewing platforms, but you did a great job with what you had. Now that users have to log-in and access control works as it should, we are glad to be supported on one more platform. I was not able to get the quality working correctly to view the highest quality stream, but everything else worked great. I will have to get some better quality graphics and see what it takes to integrate our DVR. Any other feedback/ suggestions are welcome.

-eric

Nationphone & TV
http://www.ustvnow.com

hi eric!

thanks for the message! good to see you don't hate the plugin Wink

i experimented with the dvr stuff but didn't follow it up because the site was changing so much.

a proper api would be great! it would be nice to be able to only get channels you have rights to watch for example.

there is a silly off by one error with the quality settings - the fix is in github but i haven't made a release yet.

patches welcome for better graphics or more functionality Big Grin

thanks,

t0mm0
as eric kindly dropped by earlier and didn't scream 'cease and desist' like most content providers Wink i thought i'd tidy up the improvements i'd made and chuck out a new release. (see first post for details)

v0.2.0 fixes the quality settings problem eric mentioned, and also allows you to watch recordings you have made using the website.

i also noticed that the streaming seems much better now - i'm not seeing any buffering even on the highest quality at the moment. guess the service is becoming more stable.

thanks,

t0mm0.
Not working for me on ATV2 running latest Dharma & current version of Add-on. It seems to log in OK & I see all the streams. clicking on any of the, brings up "opening stream" ... but it never does. Tried retyping userid/pass & selecting different options in the Add-on but no go. Been trying for a couple days of & on with same result.

log:

http://pastebin.com/FisndHsr
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ustvnow4