• 8(current)
[RELEASE] ustvnow
that would be a good idea set up with multiple accounts so would be less attention on 1 account viewed by so many ips..i would set it up,,also would be a good idea if it would work..but it wont because for the 169.99 plan with every channel its just a slingbox hooked up to a cable box so 160+ ppl watching the same channel wouldnt work
on a side note the the free ustvnow and the think even maybe the paid one the offer for like the 20 something channels for 29 without dvr and 49 with are through something different so might possible work with that..but would that be worth it even if it was a few bucks??idk maybe see how many people would be willing to and see how it goes
Watched a bit of tv after work.. but this morning as of 2 am NONE of the channels are working.. I have paid subscription (just signed up yesterday) video is working fine on the website (ustvnow) but not in XBMC
halp...
All the channels were working yesterday except spike,my9, and PBS which was black
Anybody know if there is a way to set it for certain cities or is it just PA?
richs09 Wrote:that would be a good idea set up with multiple accounts so would be less attention on 1 account viewed by so many ips..i would set it up,,also would be a good idea if it would work..but it wont because for the 169.99 plan with every channel its just a slingbox hooked up to a cable box so 160+ ppl watching the same channel wouldnt work
on a side note the the free ustvnow and the think even maybe the paid one the offer for like the 20 something channels for 29 without dvr and 49 with are through something different so might possible work with that..but would that be worth it even if it was a few bucks??idk maybe see how many people would be willing to and see how it goes

anyone else interested in doing this
Somebody should merge USTVNOW with PSUEDO TV.. WOULD BE PERFECT! LIVE CHANNELS WITH CUSTOM CHANNELS..
I managed to install this plugin by total trial and error!

Is there a clear guide to installing this anywhere?

On the plus side - it works!
castalla Wrote:I managed to install this plugin by total trial and error!

Is there a clear guide to installing this anywhere?

On the plus side - it works!

not sure why the trial and error was needed - there is nothing different about this addon compared to any other Wink

t0mm0 in the first post of this thread Wrote:it's available in my repo which is also available using the Un-oficial Repository Installer

xbox users can install from xbmc4xbox-addons repo via the SVN repo installer
So, I should just use the standard install from zip file method on your zip Huh
yes, its no different from any other plugin
Well, it didn't work for me on pre-Eden. I have to use the repo installer plugin, then select your plugins, then it finally shows up under programs (I think! that's what I meant by hit and miss), and then ustvnow as one item can be installed.
The ustvnow plugin was working for me earlier today on my ATV2, but now I get a "Script failed! : plugin.video.ustvnow" when I try opening it.

Could it be from updating to the latest nightly?
Your experience demonstrates the inherent weakness of XBMC - so many features are dependent on some 'backroom' guru fixing the ever-changing stream urls behind virtually every plugin (coupled with the curse of geo-blocking).

I've spent hours installing plugins only to find that most 'fail' to deliver what they promise. I suppose this is the consequence of trying to be all things to all users!

As an aside, ustvnow works for me - although all the streams (which actually do) play in a 'restricted' box format where both the left and right sides are wrong and cut-off a portion of the actual screen. Can't find any way to get a 'full' display. But then, most of the content is rubbish, so I don't really care all that much.
bboyskinnylegs Wrote:The ustvnow plugin was working for me earlier today on my ATV2, but now I get a "Script failed! : plugin.video.ustvnow" when I try opening it.

Could it be from updating to the latest nightly?

looks like it might be broken (though i don't get any script error so a debug log would be really handy)

thanks,

t0mm0
castalla Wrote:Your experience demonstrates the inherent weakness of XBMC - so many features are dependent on some 'backroom' guru fixing the ever-changing stream urls behind virtually every plugin (coupled with the curse of geo-blocking).

I've spent hours installing plugins only to find that most 'fail' to deliver what they promise. I suppose this is the consequence of trying to be all things to all users!
it's a consequence of trying to play catchup with sites that change because there are no official APIs for most of this stuff unfortunately. we are all doing this in our spare time and releasing our work as open source in the hope that it might be of some use to the community. pull requests are always welcome Wink
castalla Wrote:As an aside, ustvnow works for me - although all the streams (which actually do) play in a 'restricted' box format where both the left and right sides are wrong and cut-off a portion of the actual screen. Can't find any way to get a 'full' display. But then, most of the content is rubbish, so I don't really care all that much.
well, all the streams are broadcast by ustvnow in 4:3 so if you have a 16:9 tv there will be black borders on the left and right.

t0mm0
Thanks for the feedback.

One of the most exasperating 'features' of many stream apps is that they exit without any reason or warning while playing. Restart always brings the stream back immediately. I've seen this on different video apps - the only one which seems immune from this is the bbc iplayer.

Strange.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ustvnow4