ATV 2 won't boot after power off
Morning all,

I've been away for a few days and hence powered off the bedroom tv and the Apple TV. It was originally JB with Greenpoison RC6 and was happy.

Coming home last night I tried to power on the unit but no good. It comes up with the Apple logo and then goes blank. The TV reports no input detected.

I will have a closer look this evening. But just before going to bed I connected the unit to my PC monitor and via cable to the router. It booted up fine. The problem appears to be related to the wireless settings / and not being able to connect to the Internet?

So I will connect via wired cable tonight and have another look at the wireless settings. Can anyone tell me if you can hard configure the wireless network settings in the SSH console? And if so, what file/ location do I need to edit?

Thanks
Ok this is a bit weird. Definitely appears to be related to the wireless networking.

So I took the ATV back to the study and plugged it in to the wired network. Came up straight away. Configured the wireless and played around with it for about half an hour. Date/ Time is now in sync etc.

Took it back to the bedroom and it won't boot up. I had to use a 20m ethernet cable to plug into it from the other room and boot it up. Then remove the cable and configure the wireless networking. It doesn't seem to boot up when there is no wired network connected. It comes up with the Apple logo and appears to be loading and then just goes blank. No on screen display.

Is there any logs or something that I can get someone to have a look at?
Just installed the OpenSSH update for the wifi fix. Will see how it goes.
blu200 Wrote:Just installed the OpenSSH update for the wifi fix. Will see how it goes.

Using a newer jailbreak usually resolves a lot of these types of issues too. Pretty sure the most recent Seas0npass doesn't have this problem... it seems to be (on average) the most reliable jb tool at the moment. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315

Also, it's a good idea to ssh into the atv2 and run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" once in a while to make sure you have the most recent packages.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV 2 won't boot after power off0