• 7(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
You could always use mythtv, which has had this feature for ages.

I wonder if mythavtest could be used as an external player?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
New to XBMC. For me, fast/slow playback with audio, as well as fast forwarding with subtitles enabled, is a highly desirable feature. I found this thread while trying to figure out how to accomplish same with XBMC. I'm very surprised and disheartened to see it snobbily poo-poo'd by the elites. The current playback controls are plainly inadequate. VLC does it simply and well.
then don't use xbmc if it doesn't fit your needs.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The point is, we're already using XBMC, because we think it's good. We just think that adding this feature would make it even better. And we don't understand the condescending attitude displayed toward a new feature that would help existing users and influence new users into trying out XBMC.
Yes it would, so get looking at the mythtv code and see how it's done. Make it work on XBMC. Submit to git.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The condescending attitude is caused by the fact that most features in xbmc are done by people who use those features. It seems that this feature has no value for any developer around the team so nobody works on it. Sometimes developers really implement stuff "just" because users want it. This feature doesn't seem one of those. And i personally speaking for myself here and not for the team - don't really care if we gain 50 more users or loose 50 users because of one feature added/missing.

Maybe this feature is the difference between company driven and developer driven projects ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I agree with what you say Memphiz, but for the last sentence, and only because this feature is in mythtv, another community driven open source project.
Well. I guess developers there care about that feature for themselves more than we do.
If the people who want this feature can find a developer who is willing to work on this and send a pull-request for it to be included, who knows.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah I think there is more itch to scratch in a project that is geared to recording TV. Watching the News at 1.3x is quite useful, not so much watching Avatar Smile
If you developers are only interested in developing for yourselves, what's the point of a feature suggestions thread? We suggest a feature just to hear you say, "That feature has no interest for me" and give us the finger? Why are we all wasting our time here? I suppose one good thing is that I will check out MythTv and see if it suits my needs better, so thanks for that.

P.S. Watching Avatar at 1.3x vastly improves it.
If you read through the feature suggestions subforum you'll see plenty are taken up. Also plenty aren't, but otherwise it would be called the "feature requirements" subforum.

Frankly it is pretty typical of open source development.
(2014-04-25, 19:27)Pisomojado Wrote: If you developers are only interested in developing for yourselves, what's the point of a feature suggestions thread? We suggest a feature just to hear you say, "That feature has no interest for me" and give us the finger? Why are we all wasting our time here? I suppose one good thing is that I will check out MythTv and see if it suits my needs better, so thanks for that.

P.S. Watching Avatar at 1.3x vastly improves it.

To show demand and present ideas, especially for new developers who are not formally apart of Team XBMC. It's actually one of the ways we find new members, is that someone saw a good idea and took it up, or wanted to implement their own idea, and they stepped up. All the "developers" on the team were users once, just posting on this forum like every other joe-shmoe.

There's stuff that I've wanted added for years, and I'm on the dang team, but unless someone is interested in adding it, it simply won't happen. This isn't a business. You can't point a gun at someone's head and force them to code things in XBMC that they don't want to.

The least we can do is allow users to present their ideas in an appealing fashion and also appeal to potential new XBMC developers. I guess you take that as a middle finger. You're probably a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy, eh?
(2014-04-25, 19:27)Pisomojado Wrote: P.S. Watching Avatar at 1.3x vastly improves it.
In your opinion!

Speaking of opinions, XBMC could always do with less self entitled, give nothing back to community users and more of those users who choose to spend their spare time instead of enjoying XBMC actually making it better and helping the community get and enjoying a better XBMC.

With attitudes like yours Im surprised there isnt a middle finger button (suggestion Wink ), like a rep button, that would say, this user has gotten the middle finger # times. Big Grin jk jk jk
Look, I didn't come to this thread to pick a fight, point a gun, or make demands. I know what "free" and "open source" mean and I don't take it for granted. I came in good faith to make a suggestion in a SUGGESTION THREAD.

The middle finger comes from Memphiz, saying "don't use xbmc if it doesn't fit your needs" and nickr saying "get looking at the mythtv code and see how it's done" and uNiversal calling me "entitled".

Maybe I'm a fool for trying to build an HTPC. Maybe it's for hackers only. My friends think so. They look at me like I'm attempting home brain surgery from a manual written in Chinese. But I'm such a "glass is half-full" type of guy that I undertook it despite the fact that I'm just a middle aged blue collar construction guy who's never even used Windows before. I started this project in January and I still only half understand what XBMC does. I'm not spending my spare time "enjoying XBMC" -- far from it; I can't even get my wiimote to work! So when nickr responds to my support for this fast playback suggestion with "You want fast playback, dummy? Let's see YOU do it! Pick up a book and learn to code!" That's a huge middle finger to those of us who are struggling endlessly just to figure out how to USE the software!

A more user friendly response might have been, "Thanks for the suggestion! Next time we have a poll to determine the popularity of suggested features, we'll be sure to include it." Common courtesy. Yeah, I think I'm entitled to THAT.
don't use xbmc if it doesn't fit your needs <- this is not a middle finger - this is a honestly ment fact.

If you struggle that much on XBMC i bet there are other team members in the team which are interested to know what exactly you struggle with. In our (team) opinion we have a pretty big wiki at wiki.xbmc.org with alot of howtos which alot of people spent there times on to get it easy understandable. The fact that you are not able to enjoy XBMC at all means either - you are trying to use it in a way it was not ment to be used - or you just didn't find the right HOWTOs yet. (or we just build a totally unusable software...). But this is offtopic to this feature request. And polling on it won't make it happen either Wink
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11