• 9(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
video playback speed is not implemented yet?
No
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thx rep,
it does not support much speed playback at ps3 showtime......
I think it's a function that is determined by the software of many.

Do not have implementation plans?
(2014-05-15, 02:08)MarsianMan Wrote: I am not even sure how you can accurately judge whether such a feature would not be used, but [...]

(2014-05-15, 11:13)Memphiz Wrote: At exhibitions like linuxtag or scale (usa) we talk to alot of real users. Last year 80% demanded "PVR". This year 80% said "its fine as is". In the last 3 years by talking to a lot of users - nobody requested anything from maybe 80% of all this feature requests in this forum.

So what does this mean. [...]
Good question indeed. I guess it means a lot of users don't know what they are missing. That doesn't mean it has no use to them - they just don't know it yet. It didn't stop many very creative people creating things we all use today, but we hadn't yet thought of. Just before the massive adoption of mobile phones, people were asked if they wanted to have a phone they could carry around all day. Ten out of ten said: no, no need for one. Guess what the answer would be now? Guess what would have happened if devs then had replied: no need, so lets not go there.

Adding this kind of functionality is a significant upgrade for XMBC, it will allow people to consume video in a way they want, with the user controlling the speed rather than the producer. That's a big thing, I would say, and I wouldn't be surprised if many users that find the idea strange now will adopt it massively, as they did with their mobile. I know I would.

It would also encourage more people to use XBMC. Those that would like to use the feature and don't use XBMC because of the lack of it, won't be part of your '80% real users'. That's why that number has a very limited meaning. Most of the time, 80% or more users of brand X prefer brand X the way it is - that's why they use it. Creativity in enhancing the product should not stop there.

Perhaps the above can persuade devs to think about it again.
I think not, the pure reason is simple. It's very hard so do right, specially with hardware decoders in the mix.
The code is there in mythtv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
so start porting if you think it is so easy Smile
mythtv on ios, android, windows, linux, osx?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
windows linux osx. But I get your point. However their code may provide some starting point...
Well Problem is that mythtv and xbmc / kodi don't Share the same Code Base . Nobody Said (hopefully) that it wasn't possible. But in our player Core and how it is designed its maybe doable by only one Person (the one who isn't around that much). So valid feature request maybe - but Nobody will Lift that heavy weight as it seems.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
"W Ple th tv a xb ko on ar he me C e . Nob id (h lly) th as sible. Bu o ye e an w it i ned it be doa y on e Pe e on o isn' oun at mu ). S alid feat est may ut Nob ll L t hea ght as ems."

@Memphiz's response, 2x ff rate Smile
Awesome Smile
Wowwww!!!! Great!!!
Or will be added in the next version?
Read again...
This thread could support 1.5x playback also Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11