Library not working properly
I used to run MediaPortal, switched a couple of times to XBMC but it failed me everytime I tried it. This time it has been running smooth-like, but still alot of bugs that are very annoying.

The first bug I have is that the video library with my TV shows isn't tracking what I have watched. After watching the video is flagged, but going to another menu or playing another video it unwatches it. This doesn't happen if I just browse the files on the hard disk via XBMC, then the watched flags work and they are also viewable in the video library.

Second bug is that half of my tv shows can't be played via the library because everytime I try to play it I get the "this file is no longer available" error. I can view them perfectly using the file browser, I can delete them from the library, scan them, see them get added to the library, try to play them and they still fail.
All of my shows are formatted like this: Show/Season 01/Show - 01x01.ext, half of the shows work, the other half don't.

These bugs are very annoying, I have to constantly switch between library and file browsing just to be able to play my tv shows. How do I fix this?
Star 
Glad to see your back with XBMC, hopefully you can find solutions to your issues. Check this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614 which might help you get most of your TV shows up. I note the 01x01.ext convention you're using.... most use the S01E01.ext designation, which seems to have better success for most users. I'm not sure what is happening with the watched flag.. but you probably know the 'W' on the keyboard toggles the watched status. A message to the devs with a proper debug pastebin will get their attention.
Yeah I hope I can find them too. I was thinking about going back to MediaPortal but I just know that will be a disaster. You are suggesting I use the S01E01 designations, I don't understand how this will help since all the files get indexed correctly. I'm gonna try renaming from 01x01 to s01e01, see if that'll help.
I'll try to get a debug pastebin, gonna figure out how to do that.

Edit: So i tried renaming, doesn't work at all. Still can't play the files using the library mode.

Edit 2: Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/hTdksEDK
Hi,
I think you have the same issue as us. Please look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99433 and explain your enviroment.

Thanks!
Star 
Tsurany Wrote:I'm gonna try renaming from 01x01 to s01e01, see if that'll help.
I'll try to get a debug pastebin, gonna figure out how to do that.

Edit: So i tried renaming, doesn't work at all. Still can't play the files using the library mode.

Edit 2: Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/hTdksEDK

Not sure what is causing your issues, The pastebin shows pathing/stream errors. A few of the tips I could pass from my own experience. TV shows use a different .nfo and don't like to be in the same folder as movies. Strange or corrupted .nfo from 3rd parties are not always respected... make sure the scrape was solid and you have a readable .nfo in the information, it might be needed to inspect each season... At this point it would be smart to delete all .nfo material and scan fresh.. with perhaps a minor title change to effect a totally fresh addition (delete the old with a clean-up prior to the scrape). I had issues coming from a WMC mediabrowser set-up... turned out the extra information from the set-up was screwing the scraper.

So when you scrape in file mode does it show # episodes and do you see them...? See and info? See and episode info? click and run them? Then toggle library mode and see only the title, with no episodes.. or see all the .nfo but no movie.... or you have it all, but the movie will not play? Don't use a scattergun approach... pick one series that is giving you issues and try my above suggestions.

AFA: The 'W'atched setting... follow up on message #4
It looks like my problem is solved... sort of. Deleted the database file and did a full rescan, now I can play the movies and watched flag works. Only thing that isn't working are the series banners. But i'm gonna look into that, see if I can solve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not working properly0