• 3(current)
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.0
jtucker1972 Wrote:Press \ key to go to window mode. Then you can click the X button in the top right corner of the XBMC window which will force XBMC to close. It may generate an error. Wait several seconds and then check the log file for any errors related to TV Time.

What features do you have enabled? I see Commercials. Do you also have Bumpers?

There are meta files I create to store which valid commercials and bumpers are available based on the folder you selected. The files are located in the ~/userdata/addons/script.tvtime/cache/meta directory. There should be one for commercials.meta, bumpers.meta and trailers.meta if you have those features enabled. Verify each file exists and that they contain at least one valid file.

Just trying to think at which points it could hang if there s an issue building the channel file lists.

You could disable the commercials, bumpers and trailers features if you have them enabled and try creating the channels again by doing a force reset. It would at least narrow down where the issue might be occurring.

I don't have bumpers enabled. There are a few files in the commercials.meta file. I have another log to show you

http://pastebin.com/NHHBq0R0

I tried it with commercials turned off and it still hangs....although a little further down the line this time (Channel 11 instead of channel 1). Let me know if you want that log as well.
primetime34 Wrote:XBMC freezes when I try to populate the channels. Esc won't get me out of the screen so I have to alt-tab to a different windows then close it from the taskbar. Will this still produce anything extra in log file? I'll go ahead and post the log file after I exit and hopefully that will give you the info you need. Thanks.

This happened to me also, both with TV-Time and pseudotv. If your log doesn´t help jtucker1972 to debug i´ll give it another try.
I really like the bumpers/trailers/commercials idea.

I just had a thought, figured I'd share it.. It would be awesome to have robot chicken's skits cut up to be bumpers.. I'd love a 10 second weird ass skit between episodes of [insert show here]. It would crack me up. I know I could just do it, but if I do, it's not going to happen any time soon. That's a lot of video editing that I'm not up for at the moment..

Another idea that would be cool, is that if new trailers could automatically be downloaded so that movies I've never even heard of would show up.

Just some thoughts I had.

Love the addon.
jolid Wrote:This happened to me also, both with TV-Time and pseudotv. If your log doesn´t help jtucker1972 to debug i´ll give it another try.

I got it to work but I couldn't do folder channels or commercials.
primetime34 Wrote:I got it to work but I couldn't do folder channels or commercials.

Are your using smb? There is a known issue where smb is not supported from within XBMC python. Jason has added some code to try and work around this limitation, but wondering if this is the issue. Let me know how you are adding the video sources, i.e. smb (smb://), mapped to drive letter (e:\), mount point (linux) or network path (//server/share).
primetime34 Wrote:I don't have bumpers enabled. There are a few files in the commercials.meta file. I have another log to show you

http://pastebin.com/NHHBq0R0

I tried it with commercials turned off and it still hangs....although a little further down the line this time (Channel 11 instead of channel 1). Let me know if you want that log as well.

THanks. I see the error in this one. I will work to get this fixed.
there doesnt appear to be an error in the log but it stalls on a particular channel when its creating channels for me.

channel is called rte one (an irish station) and it has a a thing like a comma over the letter e in rte.

You can see it here:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?seriesname=...ncedsearch

this is the tv show i think its trying to scan
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=219631&lid=7

removing that show from the database allows tvtime to continue creating channels

i'm using ubuntu btw
I have an error running the addon, appears this message

OVERLAY: no valid channel data found, i use in7 64 bits, XBMC 11 (eden).

Any tips for this...

thanks

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Are your using smb? There is a known issue where smb is not supported from within XBMC python. Jason has added some code to try and work around this limitation, but wondering if this is the issue. Let me know how you are adding the video sources, i.e. smb (smb://), mapped to drive letter (e:\), mount point (linux) or network path (//server/share).

I wasn't using smb. All my files are stored on a hard drive that is connected via usb to the machine running xbmc.
moontan77 Wrote:there doesnt appear to be an error in the log but it stalls on a particular channel when its creating channels for me.

channel is called rte one (an irish station) and it has a a thing like a comma over the letter e in rte.

You can see it here:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?seriesname=...ncedsearch

this is the tv show i think its trying to scan
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=219631&lid=7

removing that show from the database allows tvtime to continue creating channels

i'm using ubuntu btw

Could be an encoding issue. What are the show names so i can try to reproduce if possible? the network is rte one. just want to test both the network name as well as the tv shows you have related to it to see which or both is causing the issue.
Wanilton Wrote:I have an error running the addon, appears this message

OVERLAY: no valid channel data found, i use in7 64 bits, XBMC 11 (eden).

Any tips for this...

thanks

Wanilton

1. make sure there are channels configured
2. make sure there are tv shows scanned into XBMC

This error means that the script was unable to find any channels configured or it was unable to get any valid files for any channel configured.
Awesome add on, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Couple of things I cant seem to work (forgive my ignorence)

Serial mode - Is there a reason this only applies to TV network channels? Ideally I would like a mixed channel to play the earliest unwatched ep of any given show. As it stands, I cant get the episdoes of anything to serialise at all.

Alaska Revisited - Probabkly not a problem at your end, but the add on text gets messed up in this, my favorite skin. Any possible fixes?

Thanks
PseudoTV doesn't work with Eden properly yet. The stable-pre version works with it. It will be released soon, and I imagine that TV Time will get that code not long after.
jtucker1972 Wrote:Could be an encoding issue. What are the show names so i can try to reproduce if possible? the network is rte one. just want to test both the network name as well as the tv shows you have related to it to see which or both is causing the issue.

show name is Mrs Brown's Boys, channel name is RTÉ One
jtucker1972 Wrote:1. make sure there are channels configured
2. make sure there are tv shows scanned into XBMC

This error means that the script was unable to find any channels configured or it was unable to get any valid files for any channel configured.

Thanks for your answear, yes I have tv shows, now how I configure channels? in settings Addon it´s ok, there are list channel, i try many options, but same error.

* PseudoTv work for me ok.

Thanks,

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Time (Video) Addon Version 2.02