Audio forward and rewind
Hi there.

When playing music, I noticed that the fast forward and rewind operations are bahaving weirdly on my installation. They are supposed to work like in video I suppose, like pressing forward once to go to "x2" speed, pressing again to go to "x4" and pressing play again to resume normal playback Nerd.

When I press forward once, it seems to go to "x100" and races through the rest of the song in ~2-3s producing some weird sound Shocked. I think I hear it as very small fragments of audi taken from the file a various locations but it is so fast that it is hard to tell.

Anybody else having this effect?

Thanks

Harry
The music fast forward and rewind have been broken for ages. At least since v9.11. One day it will annoy me enough for me to look into it.

JR
Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification, at least now I know I don't have anything set wrong...

Harry

PS: I'm still setting up my first xmbc installation, but as I am a system architect and developer, maybe I'll go down the road of trying to build the binaries myself at some point and then come back to this one ... But first I need to start to understand how all the stuff works which is already there ...
hakimo Wrote:maybe I'll go down the road of trying to build the binaries myself at some point and then come back to this one

Go for it, that's how I got started :-)

There is a new audio module being written, though I'm not sure if it's slated for the next release or the one after. It's probably not worth expending too much effort on the current audio code.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio forward and rewind0