VNSI - Picture goes white - BBC One HD
The issue still exists.

Here's my most recent log of the problem...

http://pastebin.com/qemLGQcM

ODK38
did this happen after you had chosen next audio language?
Not straight after. I often change it from MP2 to whatever the DD5.1 track is but I generally do that at the start and the white screen issue happens after a reasonable length of viewing. It seems to cause XBMC quite a few issues because there is a huge delay when I press stop to it actually stopping, compared to normal.
could you try this and tell me whether it helps:
- create ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml if it doesn't exist
- stick this in it:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pvr>
    <minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel>
  </pvr>
</advancedsettings>
- restart xbmc

this will probably increase channel switching time a bit.

edit:
sorry, video was causing issues here (though your log is spammed with audio related buffer underrun messages)
so, use this instead:
Code:
<minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'll give that a go. I don't tend to watch BBC One HD all that much, but I will be tomorrow during the F1 so I'll get back to you then.
If this doesn't solve it do you think a full wipe and reinstall but going to Maverick or Natty will help? Currently using Lucid.
you could try using other video card drivers. don't think using maverick will help. natty is still experimental so there's no guarantee that it will work.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Drivers might be an idea. Not updated them in a good while!
Not tried new drivers yet but it has still happened with the advancedsettings.xml change.

http://pastebin.com/un9qUt6j

I'll give new drivers a go next.
looking at those logs, I got an idea what might be causing it. CEpgContainer::RemoveOldEntries() is keeping the mutex locked while cleaning up, which might block other threads.

I'll change that method so it doesn't keep it locked.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmaniac Wrote:looking at those logs, I got an idea what might be causing it. CEpgContainer::RemoveOldEntries() is keeping the mutex locked while cleaning up, which might block other threads.

I'll change that method so it doesn't keep it locked.

Is there as a specific time that the cleaning up happens? Because it doesn't always happen at the same sort of time. Took about 90 mins after starting BBC One HD for it to happen, sometimes can happen within 20, 30, 40 mins, it varies.

I'll still try new drivers. I'm currently on 270.26, going to go to the new 270.41.19.
This thread is interesting, I see issues with BBC One HD also - but I'm using TVHeadend not VDR.. (odk-38)
I don't get a white screen, but a few seconds of jitter then video freezes.
This occurs consistently after watching the channel for around 1 hour, until that point it works fine - which sounds similar to what was reported earlier in this thread.
I don't appear to get the same issue with any other channels (not tried BBC HD or ITV HD yet though, but SD channels seem fine for sure)

I will pull a log next time it happens and post it up to compare it against what the VDR guys see.
@ant_thomas
think I got it set to a 15 minute interval. can't remember exactly. think it's also still called in some other situations but I might already have changed that. can't remember Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

dushmainiac, does anything you mention account for lack of memory, like ant_thomas I used yesterdays F1 as a test (god it is dull) I'm using the same repo as him, latest odk-38 the only difference being I'm using natty(64-bit).

After about 1hr40mins everything froze (just as the F1 was getting interesting), I couldn't even ssh into the system, after a couple mins the login prompt appeared I checked dmesg, oom-killer had killed xbmc and it was in the process of restarting, it needed rebooting though flakey usb dvb drivers or hardware at fault, I saved the xbmc log if you need a look.

The longest I've watched any HD from the BBC before was for 1hr30min on BBC HD, one 1hr programme, the other 30mins. This was with analogue sound enabled though, switching to the ac3 track resulted in silence which I latter fixed by changing skin.
if your box locked up completely, I seriously doubt it's xbmc's fault. unless we got a memory leak somewhere and the oom killer thing in the kernel kicked in.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI - Picture goes white - BBC One HD0