Switching Profiles Shortcut ?
How do I create a short cut so I can switch profiles with a chosen keyboard button ?. I managed to do it before on my laptop but can't for the life of me remember how I did it. Any idea's ?

Thanks
Map the LoadProfile function to whatever keypress is convenient. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions for details. A quick way to make your own key mappings is with KeyMapEdit from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
I've just set up profiles on Gotham 13.1, and it seems there is no built-in way of switching profiles without shutting XBMC down first and restarting, then selecting the profile at startup. Is there any quick way of switching to the profile selection screen, or setting up a custom command to do this?
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
Did you not read the thread before posting? answer is contained in the post before yours.
(2014-05-20, 09:14)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you not read the thread before posting? answer is contained in the post before yours.

Thanks for your post. I did read that response, and it's not really a satisfactory solution for me. I have five profiles implemented, and that solution - if I read the documentation correctly - would require me to map 5 different keys with the LoadProfile function, one for each profile. It would be much better if there was a simple way of displaying the profile selection screen so that the user could select the appropriate profile rather than having to remember which key was mapped to their profile.
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 21.0.0
(2014-05-20, 16:50)DenmanGuy Wrote: I have five profiles implemented, and that solution - if I read the documentation correctly - would require me to map 5 different keys with the LoadProfile function, one for each profile.

This is the way it used to work, and it was glorious. I had three profiles - one for family-friendly fare, one for restricted films and one for my Wife's movie list - and could quickly select using one of my three buttons on my remotes.

(2014-05-20, 16:50)DenmanGuy Wrote: It would be much better if there was a simple way of displaying the profile selection screen so that the user could select the appropriate profile rather than having to remember which key was mapped to their profile.

You left out "in my opinion". Wink It seems like what you are asking for is a shortcut to the Login screen, and not to "switch profiles with a chosen keyboard button" as originally asked.

But I'm not here to complain - I'm here to thank jjd-uk for an easy solution to my issue! I've recently upgraded my XBMC, and found that the functionality I used a year ago had all but vanished. Thank you (both!) for this solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching Profiles Shortcut ?0