XBMC 10.1 can not get library to work
Ok I feel dumb... please help

I had XBMC 9.11 and exported library to separate files (so they are with my media files)

My media files are on a XP computer with lots of drives installed
all drives are windows shared

uninstalled 9.11 and installed 10.1 this morning.
installed mysql on another server, created two databases (video and audio)
added sources and can see all files in FILE MODE.

I can not get the library to scan items in. So i deleted the advancesettings.xml file where i told it about the sql and it worked.

So I have an issue with MYSQL 5.5 and rights maybe? I dont know anything much about mysql so I followed a tutorial but I'm still having problems... where should I start? (i disabled the windows firewall on the mysql server just incase)

Thank-you in advance.
When you added the sources did you define the type and select a scraper?
-stoli-
Yes I did. It's actually a MYSQL issue.. since I'm using MYSQL on windows XP... I apparently have to enable network access to the database. Everybody talks about my.cnf but I don't have that file just my.ini (maybe because of windows??)

anyways.. i really need help understanding how to enable network access to the mysql database.
if your xbmc and mysql server are on different computer, than it's most likely a network access problem for your user on mysql.

you have to make sure that your user has a host defined (other than just localhost).

Setting it to "%" will allow that user to access the DB from any host.

to do that, in the mysql prompt just type
Code:
update user set host='%' where user='xbmc'

in the code above this would set the host to % for user xbmc (make it for the user you have set in your advancedsettings.xml)
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Thank-you Dogg... That worked!

Now that it's working... I can get my music into the library but still not videos/tv shows. I've deleted the sources and rebrowsed.. but it still does not automatically get them into the library..

What is the correct flow (WHEN THERE IS NO CURRENT LIBRARY for video files) to get XBMC to scan them in?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.1 can not get library to work0