Stand alone tool for scraping to MySQL XBMC DB?
Hey all,

I have a really well organised XBMC server setup happening, but at present there is one thing that I am having trouble with.

My server machine runs SickBeard, CouchPotato, SABnzbd, uTorrent etc and they are all setup with each other perfectly to download everything I watch automatically, along with notifying me via Prowler on my iPhone when shows are ready.

I have a centralised MySQL XBMC database setup on the server. Any client XBMC machine in my house reads from it, and can add to it if it finds new content etc.

My problem:

I want the server to be able to scrape any new content on its own and add it to the XBMC MySQL database. This is so that when i turn on any client XBMC machine, new content is already there and these machines don't need to scan for content themselves.

Does anyone know of a stand-alone scraping application that can scrape media and put this information directly into the MySQL database?

Currently I have an instance of XBMC running on my server (in a window) that gets sent notifications from SickBeard etc when an episode/movie has been downloaded, and this works for the most part. Only problem is that I can't turn the server on and have XBMC run as a service (it simply doesn't work), so I have to login to the server at each start up to get XBMC to be running and be able to keep updating the database periodically.

Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stand alone tool for scraping to MySQL XBMC DB?0