• 2(current)
Mascot Contest
removed
looks like joebrady has some corrections to make, since it's not my bear, else what am I missing ?

Edit1: I guess I should go back to bed. Ok An Evil bear

Edit2: It's no my bear or my design, I don't know where it comes from actually
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:looks like joebrady has some corrections to make, since it's not my bear, else what am I missing ?

He means your animated avatar I think Smile
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
No love for the robot? It would need to be cleaned up some and I need to put more time into it to make it more refined (didnt realize the contest ran for like 2 days!), but I like the idea of basically a living entertainment center. Thinking of making a version that has a remote control as a stomach instead - just think of the products, you could sell a robot figure that also doubles as an official XBMC remote!
bignab Wrote:Here's minimal black and white mascot/logo with the XBMC on it. The second is just a variation of the first.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I was thinking Panda Bear just cause how laid back they are. Its how I feel when I sitting back watching my XBMC with my remote. It would make a nice plushie too. I can build up on it if you have any suggestions.

pretty cool design.

are we looking for something simliar like the mediaportal mascot>>>>??

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I think he comes from the island of misfit toys.

I know it wasn't a submission, just thinking out loud :o, I like his menacing look... Don't everyone get stuck on bears now...

Liking ALL the submissions so far! Keep 'em coming!
Thumbs Up 
dzags Wrote:No love for the robot?

I think it's a good idea. Just a little crude at this point in time. Clean it up a bit and you're on to something. (everyone like robots)
please no MePo (I think that's the name of the Mediaportal mascot) for XBMC - at least don't ever use it like Mediaportal for a skin - it's looking so baby like (sorry Harley, but it does) and that doesn't fit a media center software. That's why I think they're now shipping a new default skin with MP 1.2 and don't use it anywhere on their website anymore. They grew up and their new sign/signet looks pretty cool though - good decision in my eyes.

I know what you're aiming for with it, and I'm definitely not against some key visual for XBMC - I'd really apreciate it, but please no silly looking mascot. In my eyes it should be something that's also working in combination with the logo - so it could also be a bit abstract if you ask me. Just have a look at boxee - with this green head thingy they're having a good key visual which could also be transformed to a full avatar if needed. That's the way I'd go.
dzags Wrote:No love for the robot? It would need to be cleaned up some...

Go ahead and clean it up, but keep in mind that it has to work on different scales, so that you can recognize it even if it's just a few pixels/mm wide. So in your case I'd drastically simplify it and primary work with shapes at the beginning. If the shapes of your robot work on different scalings and look unique enough compared to others (your head has a little simmilarity with the boxee head) then you can try to add some details, but not much, and try to keep the number of colors low - I'd say not more than 2 or 3, but it should also/has to work in one color only (you can use shades of a color to get some variation into it).

Just wann give some tipps because I once learned that design stuff, but focused now on website development.
Here's one more panda with the X as a body. Same style as before.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
dzags Wrote:(didnt realize the contest ran for like 2 days!)

If I'm not mistaken we have until June 3. At least that's what the first post says.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:If I'm not mistaken we have until June 3. At least that's what the first post says.

Indeed, deadline is midnight @ June 3rd so you got almost a full month to produce.

Edit: not almost, a full month when this is written

da-anda Wrote:Go ahead and clean it up, but keep in mind that it has to work on different scales, so that you can recognize it even if it's just a few pixels/mm wide.

Is this correct? To me, it makes sense that a logo should be recognisable when only a few pixels or mm across, but I wouldn't have thought that this would be applicable to a "mascot". The only dimension mentioned in the brief is 600px - which gives you a fair bit of resolution to play with.
XBMC guys: Have you thought of putting this contest on e.g. http://www.crowdspring.com??

It gives people a much nicer way to track and browse the entries.

EDIT: okay, maybe this needs a cash reward Sad
My vote: No mascot!
Maybe if you can make it very discreet, but I think xbmc's logo-only approach is very classy.

I don't want to look at stupid bears on my media center, ever... No offense to the guys who made em haha... they are cute and everything, but I don't like the idea of seeing this creature branded anywhere...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mascot Contest4