Where did my sound go?
I've got a persistant live USB stick install of Dharma. It's been working flawlessly. Today after a restart I've got an icon upper right on all screens that looks like a speaker with an international no across it.

I've parsed all the menus, and can't find anything I've turned off.

Any ideas would be so appreciated.

Dave
What distribution are you using?
false_chicken Wrote:What distribution are you using?

I'm using Live Dharma 10.0 I think it's based on ubuntu, but there's no ubuntu desktop.

As I said, I'm using the default Confluence skin. There is a icon upper right that looks like I've got the sound turned off or muted, but I can't locate where to turn it back on.

I've unmuted everything in the Audio Mixer.

My install has been flawless for months, now it's gone south for no apparent reason.

Dave
The icon I'm seeing is right next to the clock. It's on all screens. I've never seen it before. It's definitely a speaker with the international no symbol over it.

It's like something has been muted, but I can't find it.
Use the + key on the keyboard to un mute and turn up the volume.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Use the + key on the keyboard to un mute and turn up the volume.

cheers

Thanks so much Harry. That seems to be the control I was missing. I never use the keyboard to control, so I can't imagine how it got turned on.

Thanks again!

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where did my sound go?0