limited choice of View Type for home menu favorite
Hi,

first, congrags to the creator(s) of this skin. I've been using it for 5 months now and it's still beautiful.

My family and I came to the same conclusion (at different times, though): the standard home menu (videos, movies, HD movies) are not for us. We only have HD movies so having 3 menus seems redundant but I do respect the creator's choices. I know I can hide them, so no worries.

But everybody wants its own menu.

So I've created a new category:
Settings -> configure skin setting -> Custom Home Options
I've enabled Customer Favorite 1
I've set the label and set the favorite (a specific folder on my network drive)

the favorite shows up on the home page and i can see movies once I enter the menu
there I have 2 problems:
Problem 1: Where are all the view modes I can see in menu "HD Movies"?
my favorite on has the following View Type=
Poster
wall
files
16x9
HD movies has th following extra choices:
showcase
slide
wallpanel
panel

most of use like "showcase" + wallpanel/panel

I tried to play with the combination of view Type/options/mode but it doesn't change the problem

Problem 2
the movie name show the file name (e.g. Cars.ISORIP.1080P.ENG.FRA.MKV)
the same movie viewed from the HD Movies would just show: "Cars" plus some small info.

the fanart works and the more info shows the full info, as expected.

Ideally, I'd like my favorites to have the same look & feel features as "HD Movies" but with the content of my choosing.

Is there any hope for us? :o

I apologize in advance for forums user who may think my post is a stupid question, but I've been looking for solutions in the past 2 weeks before I posted this.

Thanks
Have you tried with profiles?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Use smart playlists, the way you're doing it all you get is boring Files mode views...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
pecinko Wrote:Have you tried with profiles?

I haven't yet checked out profiles. My understanding of profiles is that you probably have to switch between them I'd rather not go that route, if I can.
mcborzu Wrote:Use smart playlists, the way you're doing it all you get is boring Files mode views...

but if favorites only gets me boring files mode views, why proposing them?

I'll try the smart playlist, I hope I can monitor a specific folder with them, as movies are currently organized by folders.
hatbrox Wrote:I'll try the smart playlist, I hope I can monitor a specific folder with them, as movies are currently organized by folders
You can.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
mcborzu Wrote:Use smart playlists, the way you're doing it all you get is boring Files mode views...

it works great, it monitors a specific folder. This is perfect. and file name is gone too!
thanks

I think I can live with 5 playlists on the home menu, but if you think of adding more, don't hesitate Big Grin
i've been looking into smart playlists but how do you go about adding them for things that arn't Movies or tvshows? IE sports, home videos etc.

i want to setup smartplaylists for the extra view options but if i use the path option it wont find anything unless its in the movie or tvshow library already.

if i go about adding .nfos for my home videos and add them to tvshow or movie library wont it just show them in there?
frieten Wrote:i've been looking into smart playlists but how do you go about adding them for things that arn't Movies or tvshows? IE sports, home videos etc.

i want to setup smartplaylists for the extra view options but if i use the path option it wont find anything unless its in the movie or tvshow library already.

if i go about adding .nfos for my home videos and add them to tvshow or movie library wont it just show them in there?

Very interested in this. I have the same problem wanting custom playlists but not wanting the items to be shown in TV Shows or Movies catergories.
This is the way I use smart playlists:

Let's assume I want to have 3 lists:
- List 1: Only Movies
- List 2: Only Sports
- List 3: Only Documentaries

First of all I do not use XBMC to download media infos from the web, I load every movie with media companion and save the info locally with the movie file. Every movie has its own directory containing:
- movie.mkv (the video file itself)
- movie.nfo (XML media information)
- movie.tbn (movie poster)
- movie-fanart.jpg (movie fanart)
- subfolder for actors (not always present)

I distinguish the lists with naming conventions within the genres.

Sports shows get the genre "sports", Documentaries the genre "documentary".
For movies I take care that they do not get the genres enlistet above.

In XBMC I have three smart playlists:
- One playlist with the filter "Genre does not contain 'sports' or 'documentatry'"
- One playlist that contains only movies with the genre 'sports'
- One playlist that contains only movies with the genre 'documentary'
yea Holmer explained it perfectly. There is an option in Night exactly for this scenerio:

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Always wondered what that option meant...thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
limited choice of View Type for home menu favorite0