My first htpc/homeserver
Hi guys I discovered this board a month ago and i' ve read quite all the threads ...... So first of all hi to' everybody and thanks for sharing.
I'm writing because i would like to' buy/built an htpc. I also need a little homeserver that should be' on 24h a day to' share data on the net (for the Office) and to' run costantly a few applications (satellite Smart card reader for example).
I don't h ave a lot of money to' spend so i would buy just one device for the moment.

It should h ave very low power consumption (atom or zacate) and be silent.

I'm not really involved in server stuff, anyway my "personal advisor" told me that the pc should run Linux (and XBMC naturally) to' provide better stability and configurability.

My first choise was the Asrock ion 3d, but reading the board i start thinking why not zacate? And why not a selfbuilt?

I still don't h ave decided yet cause the zacate should provide better performance at the same or less consumption but i read everywhere that a zacate powered pc should avoid Linux.
Would you be' so nice to' explain to' me why? What would you advice to do?
Thanks in advance
AMD drivers for full hd hw acceleration don't work out of box on linux and even if u manage to get it working - it doesn't support highest bitrate (ie some movies may not work). Thats why its better to choose nvidia if u want use linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first htpc/homeserver0