my win 7 laptop shutdown improperly and now mediastream redux is....
well my laptop with xbmc on it running win 7 shutdown improperly and after rebooting, mediastream redux will not display recently added movies or tv shows on the homescreen. The box where they would normally be is there but there is no movies or tv shows in it. Now i was able to get it working again by uninstalling the skin and reinstalling it, but it does not stick, if i have to close xbmc and restart it for any reason the recently added movies or tv shows will disappear again. This problem only happens with this skin as i have tried it with others.

This is my favorite skin so hopefully someone can tell me how to fix this without having to completely redo everything.
donruss Wrote:well my laptop with xbmc on it running win 7 shutdown improperly and after rebooting, mediastream redux will not display recently added movies or tv shows on the homescreen. The box where they would normally be is there but there is no movies or tv shows in it. Now i was able to get it working again by uninstalling the skin and reinstalling it, but it does not stick, if i have to close xbmc and restart it for any reason the recently added movies or tv shows will disappear again. This problem only happens with this skin as i have tried it with others.

This is my favorite skin so hopefully someone can tell me how to fix this without having to completely redo everything.

I had a similar problem. After the skin update last night, that box wouldn't display anything for me anymore.

I fixed it by navigating to
[Drive]:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.mediastream_redux\720p

open up home.xml

replace:

XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=4)

with:

XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=4)

i love this skin too!
hope that helps! Smile
my skins got updated on all 3 pc's and all 3 went blank. this actually fix worked for me. Thank you so much.
I'm having the same problem, I tried the fix but I couldn't quite find the right block of text. I tried changing the similar one I found with no success. Should I try uninstalling xbmc and reinstalling?

Any help would be appreciated,

Adam
i had trouble finding the text in question as well. the text was slightly different on my file, so keep searching for it. just search for "script" go through all the scripts and you will find the code, change it and it will solve your problem as it did mine.

Thank you icharania
I've fixed this is the main version now so if you wait a couple of days another auto update should come down
Awesome thanks Jezz_X.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my win 7 laptop shutdown improperly and now mediastream redux is....0