how to display movie icons in file mode
I finally upgraded my old xbox with an ion-based HTPC running Windows 7 and the latest stable release of xbmc. I scraped all my movies and would like to use file mode to select the content since I have sources that do not fit into the default library mode categories (mythtv, home movies, specials, etc.). On the old xbox I used file mode and the movie icons always displayed just fine. On the Windows install, however, I only get the default blue icons in file mode. If I select a movie title by hitting enter, I can see the cover art, and if I select info, I see the movie info page.

When in library mode, everything displays correctly.

I really do not want to use library mode due to its limitations with alternate sources, and switching back and forth is not an option. Is there any way to get the movie icons to display properly in file mode?
Sounds like you scanned with "use foldernames for lookups" disabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I checked that one and also "extract thumbnails and video information" under "file lists" in video settings, deleted the .db file, and rescanned. Icons are present now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to display movie icons in file mode0