excluding folders in music library
ive added my "my music" folder to the music library but i would like to not include my itunes directory...is there a way to exclude a specific folder from being scanned into the library?

i cant remove it from the library in file mode as it just wants to delete the folder an contents...and in library mode i wont be able to get to just the folder

any help would be greatly appreciated...im testing this out on my comp before i do a big build in the family room so i want to get all the bugs out first

thanx!
If the iTunes folder is a child of your "My Music" folder then there is no way to exclude it if My Music is the parent source. The better question is, why do you want to exclude itunes and/or why not just add the folders at the same level as iTunes, excluding that folder as sources?
-stoli-
i have my folders structured: my documents > my music > (all of my music seperated by artist) and it contains my itunes folder...which basically duplicates every song in my library as well as leaves the tagging ive done to my music untagged in itunes...

im just going to move the folder as i have absolutely no reason to have itunes other than the off chance my ipod classic will get an update

thanx!
check out the 'excludefromscan' option in advancedsettings.xml:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Caudio.3E

there's also an 'excludefromlisting' option if you want to hide it in filemode as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:check out the 'excludefromscan' option in advancedsettings.xml:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Caudio.3E

there's also an 'excludefromlisting' option if you want to hide it in filemode as well.

Forgot about that - good call Ronie. The other option is to tell iTunes to not manage your library an it will stop duplicating your music.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
excluding folders in music library0