My TV beat my HTPC....
My RAM failed on my HTPC and I had to return them for warranty and I dind't had any others with me to replace them during the week I had to wait.

So I copied some of my kids movies on my USB stick since there's a media player build in interface on my Samsung TV. I already tried some movies in the past like the big 20gig Avatar in .mkv and it was playing like a breeze so I didn't had any concern about what I was doing, but I was aware the Tangled movie I have was stuttering like hell on my dedicated HTPC.

With nothing to lose I fired up Tangled and WOW... it was playing perfectly without any problem that I could see with my eyes (since there no GUI showing bit-rate and whatsoever)

Too bad the GUI of the media player is so basic and it's only working from a USB port cause my TV rock Smile

Now I wish I could install XBMC on my TV... Big Grin
ZOTAC ION-ITX A-U + LN46C630 = HAPPY 1080P XBMC USER
Quick question.. does anyone know what's the chipset in this TV? I tried to look around and I didn't find anything..
The chipset for your none specific "Samsung TV"... cos they only make one tv (!)

So i'm going to say:

MindReader Chipset!

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
pseudo7 Wrote:The chipset for your none specific "Samsung TV"... cos they only make one tv (!)

So i'm going to say:

MindReader Chipset!

The make is in his Sig Wink
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
LOL, your surprised that your ion failed?
hick Wrote:LOL, your surprised that your ion failed?

Please back that statement up. I have an ION system, and have had no issues with HD playback.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Please note I'm not "bitching" about the ION board.. not at all. It's the first time I got problem with it.

I'm just telling I'm even more surprise my TV can handle some movie that can't play on my HTPC and dreaming about having XBMC integrated in the TV (Dreaming...)
Big Grin 
Someone run X-server on it!

http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/samygo...=12&t=1393

Maybe it's the first step to get my dream realized Nerd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My TV beat my HTPC....0