How to get everything working in xbmc Live on Shuttle XS35GT
Caveat: I haven't tried the wireless yet as I have no use for it, but I found several forums detailing that.

What I did not find however, was how to get the audio working in all situations, but I have figured out how to get it working for me.

Basically you can follow this post: http://breden.org.uk/2011/01/15/shuttle-...nstallxbmc

What I had to do additionally (in addition to the guide above) was to comment out the snd-hda-intel line in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
#options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

I didn't put it or a different line anywhere else as often suggested in other forums.

I then after rebooting had to go to alsamixer, press F6 and select the NVIDIA device, and then unmute all the SPDIF outputs.

Then I created .asoundrc in my home directory with this data:
pcm.dmixer {
type dmix
ipc_key 2048
slave {
pcm "hw:1,7" # Always use pure hw. dmix will reformat/resample audio.
period_size 512 # If you get stuttering/or non-working audio, fiddle around with these
buffer_size 4096
rate 48000 # HDMI, I'll assume 48kHz
format S16_LE # Should be default for pretty much any soundcard.
}
bindings {
0 0
1 1
}
}

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm dmixer
}

Then I set the Audio output device (in System settings in xbmc) to Defaults.

I had to set the Passthrough Audio Device to Custom and the value for Custom passthrough device as "hw:1,7" (without the quotes). If I didn't do this and had it as HDA NVIDIA HDMI the audio would work, but if I paused HD content and started playing again the audio would not resume.

So pretty much everything has sound now, including YouTube videos that I had problems with (some of them had no sound).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get everything working in xbmc Live on Shuttle XS35GT0