Code:
--- a/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxPVRClient.h
+++ b/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxPVRClient.h
@@ -96,7 +96,7 @@ public:

protected:
   CDVDInputStream* m_pInput;
-
+ #define MAX_STREAMS 100
   CDemuxStream* m_streams[MAX_STREAMS]; // maximum number of streams that ffmpeg can handle

Wink

The patch for xbmc mainline is being merged to the xbmc trunk and a few things will perhaps need to be corrected.

That part of the patch was certainly part of the mainline pull request (199 (PR)).
dbrobins Wrote:That part of the patch was certainly part of the mainline pull request (199 (PR)).

It was, but I am trying to build opdenkamp's pvr-ppa branch but need the external ffmpeg and this is where it fails.

I fixed #define MAX_STREAMS 100 but now get this:

Code:
VDPAU.cpp:1192:17: error: ‘struct AVCodecContext’ has no member named ‘hurry_up’
VDPAU.cpp:1212:15: error: ‘struct AVCodecContext’ has no member named ‘hurry_up’

which causes it to fail again. I remember that removing hurry_up from one part of the code was in the patch but it didn't fix it in VDPAU.cpp

Here's a full paste of the error http://pastebin.com/XPq7nA5T

I'm also getting a HUGE amount of deprecated warnings as can be seen in the logs so it seems that an overhaul on XBMC's ffmpeg integration is imminent (though I'm not a dev so wouldn't know)

Cheers
Chris
Have removed the entries with hurry_up involved (two occurances) and compiling is continuing. Was this also fixed in the pull request?
chrisjunkie Wrote:Have removed the entries with hurry_up involved (two occurances) and compiling is continuing. Was this also fixed in the pull request?

Someone else fixed it (seems VDPAU is not always built, so I - and I suppose the people I got the fixes from - didn't see any errors there); see pull request 204 (PR).
dbrobins Wrote:I tried internal and recent external ffmpegs, but not an old external one. However, based on a comment by eleplus I modified the original change to bring back the part that was removed that defined CodecType etc., adding a proper #ifdef gate, so it should still be backwards compatible.

Hi, yes this had to be done, my patch was just a quick fix to get the compilation working for me, but wasn't good for everyone's use, so you did right.

dbrobins Wrote:Missed this before. The API has been deprecated for a while, and av_set_string3, the replacement, seems to have been added in 2009.

Ok, I agree then.

dbrobins Wrote:Someone else fixed it (seems VDPAU is not always built, so I - and I suppose the people I got the fixes from - didn't see any errors there); see pull request 204 (PR).

Yes that's me (skylex) Wink, the pull request has been merged yesterday.

I'm still waiting a reply on this one and when it will be accepted all should be ok for the next merge of xbmc-pvr from mainline.

For now, xbmc mainline should compile correctly with an external ffmpeg >2009.
Thumbs Up 
Build from Opdenkamp's github repo now succeeds. Well, sort of. The previous mentioned problems have been fixed but now get another problem:

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tv/working/xbmc/xbmc/cores/paplayer'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -O2 -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -O2   -o xbmc.bin -Wl,--whole-archive xbmc/linux/linux.a xbmc/network/network.a xbmc/video/windows/videowindows.a xbmc/utils/utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a xbmc/settings/settings.a xbmc/video/video.a xbmc/pvr/addons/pvraddons.a xbmc/pvr/windows/pvrwindows.a xbmc/guilib/guilib.a  xbmc/xbmc.a xbmc/addons/addons.a xbmc/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/VideoShaders.a lib/tinyXML/tinyxml.a xbmc/cores/cores.a xbmc/interfaces/python/python.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/Audio.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/DVDSubtitles.a xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/audiorenderers.a xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a xbmc/epg/epg.a xbmc/filesystem/filesystem.a xbmc/filesystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/musicdatabasedirectory.a xbmc/filesystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/videodatabasedirectory.a xbmc/input/input.a xbmc/dialogs/dialogs.a xbmc/music/karaoke/karaoke.a xbmc/music/music.a xbmc/music/dialogs/musicdialogs.a xbmc/music/infoscanner/musicscanner.a xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a xbmc/music/windows/musicwindows.a xbmc/pvr/pvr.a xbmc/pvr/channels/pvrchannels.a xbmc/pvr/dialogs/pvrdialogs.a xbmc/pvr/epg/pvrepg.a xbmc/pvr/recordings/pvrrecordings.a xbmc/pvr/timers/pvrtimers.a xbmc/video/dialogs/videodialogs.a xbmc/pictures/pictures.a xbmc/playlists/playlists.a xbmc/programs/programs.a xbmc/powermanagement/powermanagement.a xbmc/storage/storage.a xbmc/threads/threads.a xbmc/windows/windows.a xbmc/interfaces/python/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.a xbmc/network/libscrobbler/scrobbler.a lib/libRTV/librtv.a lib/libUPnP/libupnp.a lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap.a xbmc/interfaces/interfaces.a xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/json-rpc.a xbmc/interfaces/http-api/http-api.a xbmc/dbwrappers/dbwrappers.a lib/libsquish/libsquish.a lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.a lib/libapetag/.libs/libapetag.a lib/xbmc-dll-symbols/dll-symbols.a xbmc/rendering/rendering.a xbmc/windowing/windowing.a  xbmc/rendering/gl/rendering_gl.a lib/UnrarXLib/UnrarXLib.a lib/libTcpSocket/libTcpSocket.a lib/libhts/libhts.a xbmc/threads/posix/threads_posix.a xbmc/input/linux/input_linux.a xbmc/network/linux/network_linux.a xbmc/powermanagement/linux/powermanagement_linux.a xbmc/storage/linux/storage_linux.a xbmc/windowing/X11/windowing_X11.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lva -lva-glx -lavcodec -lXrandr -lavahi-client -lavahi-common -lpulse -lmicrohttpd -lSDL_image -lrt -ljasper -lresolv -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lyajl -lbluetooth -lsmbclient -lmysqlclient -lcrypto -lssl -lz -llzo2 -lpthread -ltiff -ljpeg -lbz2 -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lfontconfig   -lfribidi   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lsqlite3   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lpng12   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lpcre   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lpcre -lpcrecpp   -lcdio -lm   -lsamplerate   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lfreetype   -lasound   -lenca -lm   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lXt -lX11   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lXext   -lXmu   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -ldbus-1 -lpthread -lrt   -lSDL   -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lavformat -lavcodec -ldl -lva -lasound -lSDL -lcrystalhd -lbz2 -lz -lpostproc -lswscale -lavutil -lm   -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7 -rdynamic
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(crystalhd.o): In function `decode':
/home/tv/working/ffmpeg-crystalhd/libavcodec/crystalhd.c:819: undefined reference to `DtsTxFreeSize'
xbmc/interfaces/python/python.a(XBPython.o): In function `XBPython::InitializeInterpreter(boost::shared_ptr<ADDON::IAddon>)':
/home/tv/working/xbmc/xbmc/interfaces/python/XBPython.cpp:290: undefined reference to `ADDON::AddonVersion::AddonVersion(CStdStr<char>)'
/home/tv/working/xbmc/xbmc/interfaces/python/XBPython.cpp:290: undefined reference to `ADDON::AddonVersion::AddonVersion(CStdStr<char>)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

If this isn't a good place to ask about this error, or if I should start a new topic, just let me know Nod

Cheers
Chris
chrisjunkie Wrote:Build from Opdenkamp's github repo now succeeds. Well, sort of. The previous mentioned problems have been fixed but now get another problem:

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tv/working/xbmc/xbmc/cores/paplayer'
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -O2 -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -O2   -o xbmc.bin -Wl,--whole-archive xbmc/linux/linux.a xbmc/network/network.a xbmc/video/windows/videowindows.a xbmc/utils/utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a xbmc/settings/settings.a xbmc/video/video.a xbmc/pvr/addons/pvraddons.a xbmc/pvr/windows/pvrwindows.a xbmc/guilib/guilib.a  xbmc/xbmc.a xbmc/addons/addons.a xbmc/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/VideoShaders.a lib/tinyXML/tinyxml.a xbmc/cores/cores.a xbmc/interfaces/python/python.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/Audio.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/DVDSubtitles.a xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/audiorenderers.a xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a xbmc/epg/epg.a xbmc/filesystem/filesystem.a xbmc/filesystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/musicdatabasedirectory.a xbmc/filesystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/videodatabasedirectory.a xbmc/input/input.a xbmc/dialogs/dialogs.a xbmc/music/karaoke/karaoke.a xbmc/music/music.a xbmc/music/dialogs/musicdialogs.a xbmc/music/infoscanner/musicscanner.a xbmc/music/tags/musictags.a xbmc/music/windows/musicwindows.a xbmc/pvr/pvr.a xbmc/pvr/channels/pvrchannels.a xbmc/pvr/dialogs/pvrdialogs.a xbmc/pvr/epg/pvrepg.a xbmc/pvr/recordings/pvrrecordings.a xbmc/pvr/timers/pvrtimers.a xbmc/video/dialogs/videodialogs.a xbmc/pictures/pictures.a xbmc/playlists/playlists.a xbmc/programs/programs.a xbmc/powermanagement/powermanagement.a xbmc/storage/storage.a xbmc/threads/threads.a xbmc/windows/windows.a xbmc/interfaces/python/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.a xbmc/network/libscrobbler/scrobbler.a lib/libRTV/librtv.a lib/libUPnP/libupnp.a lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap.a xbmc/interfaces/interfaces.a xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc/json-rpc.a xbmc/interfaces/http-api/http-api.a xbmc/dbwrappers/dbwrappers.a lib/libsquish/libsquish.a lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.a lib/libapetag/.libs/libapetag.a lib/xbmc-dll-symbols/dll-symbols.a xbmc/rendering/rendering.a xbmc/windowing/windowing.a  xbmc/rendering/gl/rendering_gl.a lib/UnrarXLib/UnrarXLib.a lib/libTcpSocket/libTcpSocket.a lib/libhts/libhts.a xbmc/threads/posix/threads_posix.a xbmc/input/linux/input_linux.a xbmc/network/linux/network_linux.a xbmc/powermanagement/linux/powermanagement_linux.a xbmc/storage/linux/storage_linux.a xbmc/windowing/X11/windowing_X11.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lva -lva-glx -lavcodec -lXrandr -lavahi-client -lavahi-common -lpulse -lmicrohttpd -lSDL_image -lrt -ljasper -lresolv -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lyajl -lbluetooth -lsmbclient -lmysqlclient -lcrypto -lssl -lz -llzo2 -lpthread -ltiff -ljpeg -lbz2 -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lfontconfig   -lfribidi   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lsqlite3   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lpng12   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lpcre   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lpcre -lpcrecpp   -lcdio -lm   -lsamplerate   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lfreetype   -lasound   -lenca -lm   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lXt -lX11   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lXext   -lXmu   -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -ldbus-1 -lpthread -lrt   -lSDL   -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lavformat -lavcodec -ldl -lva -lasound -lSDL -lcrystalhd -lbz2 -lz -lpostproc -lswscale -lavutil -lm   -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7 -rdynamic
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(crystalhd.o): In function `decode':
/home/tv/working/ffmpeg-crystalhd/libavcodec/crystalhd.c:819: undefined reference to `DtsTxFreeSize'
xbmc/interfaces/python/python.a(XBPython.o): In function `XBPython::InitializeInterpreter(boost::shared_ptr<ADDON::IAddon>)':
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

If this isn't a good place to ask about this error, or if I should start a new topic, just let me know Nod

Cheers
Chris

AddonVersion.cpp is a recently added file, I know, and I have seen that error before. Either "make clean" or deleting xbmc/addons/addons.a should ensure that it gets included in the build on next "make". Not sure about "DtsTxFreeSize" - try grepping around for it.
dbrobins Wrote:AddonVersion.cpp is a recently added file, I know, and I have seen that error before. Either "make clean" or deleting xbmc/addons/addons.a should ensure that it gets included in the build on next "make". Not sure about "DtsTxFreeSize" - try grepping around for it.

Make clean fixed it - legend!

Problem is now trying to find the DtsTxFreeSize error. It's due to the fact I'm using an external ffmpeg and it isn't playing nice.

Thanks for your help. Will try and sort this CrystalHD issue out - think it may be my git crystalhd driver that is the problem
Building xbmc with external ffmpeg fails with the git commit 34de506b468eff4bb0ea864976752a1879e39a82 and earlier up to jun6/2011.

sudo ./bootstrap && sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-vdpau --enable-vaapi --enable-rtmp --with-cpu=core2 --enable-external-libraries --enable-external-ffmpeg

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer'
CPP DVDAudio.o
CPP URL.o
CPP DVDClock.o
CPP Util.o
CPP DVDDemuxSPU.o
CPP DVDFileInfo.o
In file included from /usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvCodec.h:27,
from /usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:27,
from DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.h:25,
from DVDFileInfo.cpp:40:
In file included from /usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:33,
from /usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:46,
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/internal.h: At global scope:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/internal.h:163: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/internal.h:176: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
In file included from /usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:46,
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:35: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:36: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:43: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:45: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:46: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/riff.h:48: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:50)
In file included from DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.h:25,
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFormat::url_fclose(ByteIOContext*)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:169: warning: ‘int url_fclose(AVIOContext*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:280)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:169: warning: ‘int url_fclose(AVIOContext*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:280)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFormat::url_open_dyn_buf(ByteIOContext**)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:170: warning: ‘int url_open_dyn_buf(AVIOContext**)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:294)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:170: warning: ‘int url_open_dyn_buf(AVIOContext**)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:294)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFormat::url_close_dyn_buf(ByteIOContext*, uint8_t**)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:171: warning: ‘int url_close_dyn_buf(AVIOContext*, uint8_t**)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:296)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:171: warning: ‘int url_close_dyn_buf(AVIOContext*, uint8_t**)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:296)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h: In member function ‘virtual offset_t DllAvFormat::url_fseek(ByteIOContext*, offset_t, int)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:172: warning: ‘int64_t url_fseek(AVIOContext*, int64_t, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:281)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:172: warning: ‘int64_t url_fseek(AVIOContext*, int64_t, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:281)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFormat::get_buffer(ByteIOContext*, unsigned char*, int)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:173: warning: ‘int get_buffer(AVIOContext*, unsigned char*, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:242)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFormat::av_metadata_set2(AVMetadata**, const char*, const char*, int)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:197: warning: ‘int av_metadata_set2(AVDictionary**, const char*, const char*, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:150)
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFormat.h:197: warning: ‘int av_metadata_set2(AVDictionary**, const char*, const char*, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:150)
In file included from DVDFileInfo.cpp:40:
DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.h: At global scope:
DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.h:130: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:218)
In file included from DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.h:29,
from DVDFileInfo.cpp:44:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFilter.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFilter::avfilter_graph_parse(AVFilterGraph*, const char*, AVFilterInOut*, AVFilterInOut*, AVClass*)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFilter.h:129: error: cannot convert ‘AVFilterInOut*’ to ‘AVFilterInOut**’ for argument ‘3’ to ‘int avfilter_graph_parse(AVFilterGraph*, const char*, AVFilterInOut**, AVFilterInOut**, void*)’
/usr/include/libavfilter/avcodec.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFilter::av_vsrc_buffer_add_frame(AVFilterContext*, AVFrame*)’:
/usr/include/libavfilter/avcodec.h:68: error: too few arguments to function ‘int av_vsrc_buffer_add_frame(AVFilterContext*, const AVFrame*, int)’
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFilter.h:134: error: at this point in file
make[1]: *** [DVDFileInfo.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer'
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CPP ViewDatabase.o
CPP XBApplicationEx.o
CPP XBDateTime.o
CPP xbmc.o
AR xbmc.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc'
at least I'm not the only one. I've been trying to build with external ffmpeg for a couple of days now and it always fails with the same error as peter_toyotas.

Code:
DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.h:130:18: warning: âByteIOContextâ is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/libavformat/avio.h:218)
In file included from DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.h:29:0,
/opt/xbmc.src/lib/DllAvFilter.h: In member function âvirtual int DllAvFilter::avfilter_graph_parse(AVFilterGraph*, const char*, AVFilterInOut*, AVFilterInOut*, AVClass*)â:
/opt/xbmc.src/lib/DllAvFilter.h:129:216: error: cannot convert âAVFilterInOut*â to âAVFilterInOut**â for argument â3â to âint avfilter_graph_parse(AVFilterGraph*, const char*, AVFilterInOut**, AVFilterInOut**, void*)â
/opt/xbmc.src/lib/DllAvFilter.h: In member function âvirtual int DllAvFilter::av_vsrc_buffer_add_frame(AVFilterContext*, AVFrame*)â:
/opt/xbmc.src/lib/DllAvFilter.h:134:144: error: too few arguments to function âint av_vsrc_buffer_add_frame(AVFilterContext*, const AVFrame*, int)â
/usr/local/include/libavfilter/avcodec.h:68:5: note: declared here
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/xbmc.src/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer'

for the record, I tried ffmpeg from git and snapshots 0.8 and 0.7.1
I take no credit, I just kept searching trac. I've tested and it does seem to work.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11689
Yeah... I tried git-pull today again and recompiled with -external-ffmpeg. Still get aborted make at:

In file included from DVDFileInfo.cpp:40:
DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.h:130: warning: ‘ByteIOContext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:218)
In file included from DVDCodecs/Video/DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.h:30,
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFilter.h: In member function ‘virtual int DllAvFilter::avfilter_graph_parse(AVFilterGraph*, const char*, AVFilterInOut*, AVFilterInOut*, AVClass*)’:
/usr/local/src/xbmc/lib/DllAvFilter.h:131: error: cannot convert ‘AVFilterInOut*’ to ‘AVFilterInOut**’ for argument ‘3’ to ‘int avfilter_graph_parse(AVFilterGraph*, const char*, AVFilterInOut**, AVFilterInOut**, void*)’
CPP SortFileItem.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer'
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CPP SystemGlobals.o
CPP Temperature.o
CPP TextureCache.o
CPP TextureDatabase.o
CPP ThumbLoader.o
CPP ThumbnailCache.o
CPP URL.o
CPP Util.o
CPP ViewDatabase.o
CPP XBApplicationEx.o
CPP XBDateTime.o
CPP xbmc.o
AR xbmc.a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xbmc/xbmc'

xbmc$ ffmpeg
ffmpeg version N-30931-g0452f77, Copyright © 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
built on Jun 21 2011 12:29:53 with gcc 4.4.3
configuration: --prefix=/usr --disable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-vaapi --cpu=core2 --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --disable-demuxer=v4l --disable-demuxer=v4l2 --disable-demuxer=oss --disable-demuxer=jack --disable-muxer=oss --enable-x11grab --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree --disable-altivec --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --disable-stripping --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-librtmp
libavutil 51. 9. 1 / 51. 9. 1
libavcodec 53. 7. 0 / 53. 7. 0
libavformat 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
libavdevice 53. 1. 1 / 53. 1. 1
libavfilter 2. 23. 0 / 2. 23. 0
libswscale 2. 0. 0 / 2. 0. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'
patch in the ticket helped build xbmc-pvr-odk44
xbmc-pvr-ppa-odk68, Gentoo x86 3.0.7-pf, xorg-server-1.11.2, mesa-7.11, nvidia-drivers-290.10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
linux build fails on git since may 010