VAAPI, 24p, vsync, Ubuntu

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
peterk2005 Offline
Krautmaster Wrote:so whats going on here ? =/ fixed?

Not yet. Sad

I'm not sure that the ticket I filed has drawn any interest from the developers, it seems quite abandoned. So I just hope that someone will notice it and cares enough to fix it eventually.
find quote
Robotica Offline
Posting Freak
Krautmaster Wrote:so whats going on here ? =/ fixed?

I guess it could speed up a little if you cc Elupus and/or bobo1on1 in that ticket so a team member notice the problem. They hang out on git nowadays. All info is there and some help from the devs would be the only possible next step.
find quote
peterk2005 Offline
Robotica Wrote:I guess it could speed up a little if you cc Elupus and/or bobo1on1 in that ticket so a team member notice the problem. They hang out on git nowadays. All info is there and some help from the devs would be the only possible next step.

I have sent a github message to both of them, I hope they'll have some time to look at the issue.
find quote
Robotica Offline
Posting Freak
maybe cc them in the ticket?
find quote
bobo1on1 Offline
cheapass Team-XBMC Developer
I noticed, but not having any AMD hw makes fixing it difficult.
find quote
Robotica Offline
Posting Freak
ok, but an opinion/suggestion based on the info. in the ticket would help a lot. Most people don't know dvdplayer.

Like in this ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10928
find quote
bobo1on1 Offline
cheapass Team-XBMC Developer
Maybe the buffer gets rendered by us before the gpu writes a videoframe to it, that would explain why it only happens with vsync on.
find quote
Krautmaster Offline
@bobo1on1

need some hardware. Where are u from... let me know and an 8 GB SSD + 2 Gb DDR3, PSu and ASUS Zacate will be there soon Wink
find quote
Robotica Offline
Posting Freak
Krautmaster: You're the man!
find quote
peterk2005 Offline
Krautmaster Wrote:need some hardware. Where are u from... let me know and an 8 GB SSD + 2 Gb DDR3, PSu and ASUS Zacate will be there soon Wink

Man, you rock! Cool

This zacate chipset could easily be THE new XBMC platform. An ION-killer really - if this bug were eliminated. I'm using my asrock based zacate HTPC for 2 months now, and I love it, works perfectly in any other aspect, except this bug. So, I really-really hope that either bobo1on1 or an other skilled developer will find some time to fix it soon. Wink
find quote
Krautmaster Offline
this was no joke. I could ask the internet for (where he lives) , but i prefer personal messages xD

Just contact me bobo1on1

P.S. He is the man!
find quote
javum Offline
I'm using the last xbmc-pvr (Git:20110720-ad9e0d3) from Lars with reference_clock_hang.patch from http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10925 (maybe this is important).
I have the same bug, but when I press "Back <-" button on my MCE remote (it rewinds few seconds) I get the smooth playback!

Arch Linux x86_64 (kernel 3.13.0-rc7), AMD Fusion E-350 (Zacate), 2Gb RAM, AMD HD6310, LCD TV Panasonic LR37U20, XBMC Gotham 13 Alpha + PVR Addons Git, IPTVSimple 1.8.1, IPTV (SD+HD).
find quote
newphreak Offline
Donor
bobo1on1 is quite busy with other things at the moment. I have spoken allot with the OpenELEC dev and we want to help out here.
More info: http://openelec.tv/news/item/192-ati-fus...rogression

Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. http://www.OpenELEC.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
(This post was last modified: 2011-07-24 21:51 by newphreak.)
find quote
Krautmaster Offline
any advantages with this problem so far? =/ still stuttering with kernel 3.0 and 11.7 and newest xvba 0.8

If someone needs money to buy a Zacate system / AMD stuff, i'll spend it for fixing it Wink - the guy who fix that problem is allowed to keep this zacate hardware 4 free xD

Come on, fix that 24p problem! ^^
(This post was last modified: 2011-08-05 07:57 by Krautmaster.)
find quote
sraue Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Krautmaster Wrote:any advantages with this problem so far? =/ still stuttering with kernel 3.0 and 11.7 and newest xvba 0.8

If someone needs money to buy a Zacate system / AMD stuff, i'll spend it for fixing it Wink - the guy who fix that problem is allowed to keep this zacate hardware 4 free xD

Come on, fix that 24p problem! ^^

read the post above your latest post (and the article from the link too) :-)

greetings, Stephan

[Image: userbar-openelec-001.gif]
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote