• 2(current)
PAL videos stuttering on PAL Xbox/TV
Sad 
is it the same or similar symptoms and setup as in this post=? => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=9947

in any case; we can't help unless you provide much more information and a valid sample, see faq
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ok

i never turn on adjust framerate neither hq resampling.

1.- dashboard: unleashx v0.37.1218a build 543
2.- xbmc build: any, for example i just downloaded a 22-01-05 one and still happening. (i even compiled my own releases some months ago and also happened)
3.- tv: i use two sony trinitron tv´s 4:3, both supports pal/ntsc/pal60 and they also can be setup to a 16:9 mode to get advantage of the extra resolution. but it skips the same in 4:3 than in 16:9
4. zoom: i´m not sure what are you referring about...the zoom you can setup in the options while you are playing a movie (in the same menu as brightness, etc...). anyway is at 1.0
5.- audio is just stereo. im not using the digital output.

my xbox is a 1.4 one, and is running an aladdin2 with xecuter 4983 bios. the reader is a thomson one, but also happens via network.

now, after reading your last post i´ve been making some test just to discard the problem is a network issue. so i´ve been testing several movies from the dvd drive and i´ve found something interesting. 25 fps movies with ac3 audio never skips, nor a single time. no matter how many times i use fast forward, or pause or i restart the movie, there is not stuttering. on the contrary movies using mp3 audio has stuttering in different levels. so maybe is a problem related with mp3 audio sync routine.

and i also retested that movies works fine in ntsc mode. i have a dvdscreener of the aviator (dvd ripped video, and audio recorded in a cinema). the original framerate of the avi is 25 fps and works without a single skip in xbmp from dvd and network.
if i play this avi in pal mode in xbmc = sttutering
if i launch xbmc in ntsc mode using unleashx "run in ntsc" option and play the same movie forced to ntsc there is not a single skip. (note that i dont use to use "run in..." for loading xbmc, and any special video mode option is disabled in unleashx"

i´ll upload a sample of this avi in the "end user upload" so you can give a try.

well, thats all. i think is a mp3 syncing related issue. thanks a lot for your time. i really apreciate you make the effort of answering posts like this.

regards
samples uploaded
vood are you suffering the same as me?

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=322004
thanks for the replies Smile

ok i am forced to run in pal-50 as my tv does not support pal-60. i have adjust framerate enabled so that 23.97 videos and 29.97 videos will play at 25fps. i cannot run in ntsc either. i have turned high quality resampling on and off with no difference.

i do indeed believe i am suffering the same issue that the person in that post has. all people on x-s don't seem to recognise my problem as none of them suffer it. Sad

i have posted the info on a file in the topic i posted. that file was crap anyway though so if you wish i can post some info on some other files which suffer.

can i add that these files work flawlessly using any software on the pc.

as for uploading a sample, my files are 350meg and greater, so i need to cut them down, and i wouldn't know where to go about uploading them.

to be honest i am actually relieved to find that there is someone else with the same issue as me.
oh and i am playing files from a dvd burnt in standard iso9660 mode, but its the same from the hard drive so that is indeed not the issue.

edit: oh and i just saw about uploading, i will get to doing that tonight or tomorrow.
(total_ass @ jan. 23 2005,19:48 Wrote:vood are you suffering the same as me?

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=322004
i dont think so, as ntsc movies (23.96, 30 fps, etc) plays fine on my setup. i think your problem is mainly caused because of playing ntsc material in pal mode.
hmm perhaps, but many ntsc files encoded at either 23.97 or 29.97 are fine for me when using adjust framerate.
as i type this i am uploading a 21 mb rar with two divx files inside. they are opening sequences of two tv shows (monkey dust and fraggle rock). the file is called total_ass_samples.

(try not to laugh at them)

to help replicate my situation, delete the gamesave and start with pure fresh settings. run in pal-50 mode, off either dvd or hard drive.

in the monkey dust file, the stuttering is apparent when watching the screen move horizontally, near the start and near the end of the clip.. however the stuttering is random each time it is played so i can't give specific timings of when and where.
same goes for fraggle rock, watch closely and you will see.

thanks
ok after leaving it a while it went to end_user_upload page and i got an error. so i'm not sure but i think it finished uploading, so someone with access needs to check and post here so i will know whether to try again.
(total_ass @ jan. 23 2005,21:23 Wrote:someone with access needs to check and post here so i will know whether to try again.
looks like it was uploaded fine, i'm currenntly at work so can't download nor test until tonight (at the earliest)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks man

i'll happily wait Smile

i have read through vood's topic and i do indeed think that we have the same issue, we are both pal users and i get stuttering on a lot of videos that are fine in the pc.
(total_ass @ jan. 24 2005,17:03 Wrote:i have read through vood's topic and i do indeed think that we have the same issue, we are both pal users and i get stuttering on a lot of videos that are fine in the pc.
can't be the same, you getr stutter on ntsc media-files and he get it on pal media-files, ....btw, you still need to provide much more info, again see faq
i originally thought it was due to ntsc and pal incompatibilities. but i have watched many many files that are pal 25fps and i still receive stuttering, regardless, so i no longer believe this is the cause.

i think that xbmc may just generally have issues with pal.

let me rephrase that

i think that my xbmc may just generally have issues with pal. :lol:

edit: that's pal output, not pal files.
(gamester17 @ jan. 24 2005,11:40 Wrote:
(total_ass @ jan. 23 2005,21:23 Wrote:someone with access needs to check and post here so i will know whether to try again.
looks like it was uploaded fine, i'm currenntly at work so can't download nor test until tonight (at the earliest)
check the info i posted at http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....47;st=0
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAL videos stuttering on PAL Xbox/TV0