I wanted to share my experience with this combination. Obviously I like this group of skins which is why I am trying to make this work first, understanding that their are skins better suited to this tiny little box. I am looking for stability more than anything else at this stage. So far, it seems that you to have use it quite delicately.
Setup: Windows SMB sharing library source, aeon mq2 lite, view type: showcase, atv2 4.1 (ios 4.2.1), dharma 10.7, jb greenpoison rc 6.1. No other skin setting manipulations. Connected to a hd tv. Trailers are default YouTube.
1. The speed changing from menu options on the home screen is good and the appearance is great.
2. Loading the movie library is slightly slow but manageable.
3. Within the movie library, some trailers crash xbmc right out ie. into low tide. Other trailers start to stutter (mostly audio) after about the first 30 seconds. Interstingly, once the trailer has started and I press menu, which takes the windowed trailer to the home screen and continues playing. The playback is smoother. (may indicate a resource issue).
4. The movies play smoothly, no probs.
5. The only view type that is available in the add ons seems to be the list view. I don't know if this is standard to all aeon skins. I imagine not.
6. Scrolling quickly within the movie library also tends to cause xbmc to crash.
7. No navigation sounds (as indicated by the aeon release guide).
It would be interesting to know if any settings can improve these results and if the aeon nox perfoms better.
Aeon MQ2 lite with ATV2 - My experience so far.
Joined: Feb 2011
2011-05-03 10:20 Post: #1
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.
(This post was last modified: 2011-05-03 10:26 by activate.)