need suggestions for display card
I have:
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer INC.
System Model P5GZ-MX
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~2999 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0601, 11/30/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
PCIeX16@4x Speed

I have tried a geforce 210 in the machine and cannot get it to run. So, this time, I thought that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you..........
When you tried the GT210, did you disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS?
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
I set the booting graphic adapter priority to pci/int-vga (instead of internal vga)
I also disabled the internal graphics mode select to disabled but it keeps on immediately enabling itself. I do not know how to get that stopped. Its odd, I goto the bios, disable it, press f10 then press del to bring up the bios immediately and its magically enabled.

Thank you for the reply........
jwhitt12 Wrote:... I also disabled the internal graphics mode select to disabled but it keeps on immediately enabling itself. I do not know how to get that stopped. Its odd, I goto the bios, disable it, press f10 then press del to bring up the bios immediately and its magically enabled. ...

Sounds like a safety feature kicking in when it can't detect any alternate graphics device, so that you're not left with a blank screen if you change it by accident...

Is there another machine you could try the 210 in to see if it's just a duff card?
excelling thought! (every time somebody suggests something that makes sense, which I never thought of, its kinda embarrassing - I should have done that before I did anything else!)

Thank you!!

I just did as you suggested. The display card worked just fine. Then I took the card I took out another machine, put it into the trouble machine and that too worked just fine (I have been trying to get something done for over 2 days!). Anyway, now I have a choice to make. I can use the geforce gt 430, which is working and then move the 210 to the machine the 430 came out of. The question is, which one should I install into the trouble machine. I am building it up for a daughter for her to use as a tv/xbmc machine.
Haha, I hate it when stuff like that happens. It's great that it's now working, but what fixed it!? ARGH!

Anyway, if the GT210 works in the troubled machine now, I say go with that. Unless your daughter requires HD bitstreaming and 3D playback, you can keep the more expensive GT430 for yourselfLaugh
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
I have no idea. After asking which one I decided to give her the 430 and keep the other one as this machine has no real need for whiz bang. This way I can just leave everything in place (I thought I would test the 430 in the trouble machine and it worked right off the bat). What did I do? Well holding my mouth right kinda tops the list! <G> (I actually have no clue, its a computer smoke and mirror thing, pretty much used to it).

Thanks again for the suggestion, thereby getting my mind working again <sigh>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need suggestions for display card0