xbmc not opening and causing freezing in W7 64bit
As the title states im having issues getting XBMC to open in W7 64bit. when i click the icon it thinks for a second then does nothing. trying to pull up task manager does not work and then my system eventually locks up and freezes and i have to hard boot my laptop. i have tried opening in vista and xp compatability modes and it does the same thing, just not freezing. any ideas??
anyone?
I'm running W7 64-bit on an i7 and haven't seen this issue. Maybe, you should uninstall and reinstall?
Synology DS416play NAS | 4 x WD Red 8TB NAS HDD | SHIELD TV 2018 | Apple TV 3 
A debug log might help, depending on where XBMC is crashing. Because you can't start XBMC you'll need to turn on debug logging by editing a config file. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

and click OK. When you are prompted to create a new file answer "Yes" and Notepad should open showing an empty file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Close Notepad and answer "Yes" when it asks if you want to save the changes. Now start XBMC and wait for it to crash. When everything has recovered press Windows-R again and type:

%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

and the log should open in Notepad. Go to pastebin.com, paste in the log contents from Notepad and post here the link that pastebin.com gives you.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc not opening and causing freezing in W7 64bit0