Getting the Asrock 330HT ir-receiver & remote to work with Ubuntu 11.04 (+XBMC)
hi,
i've a lot of problem with the first step

root@asrock:~# dmesg | grep -i nuvoton
[ 18.793183] input: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0/input2
[ 18.793577] rc0: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0
[ 18.824479] nuvoton_cir: driver has been successfully loaded

I think the last line is very important for a full functionality

[ 7.698640] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (nuvoton-cir) registered at minor = 0

I'm running ubuntu 11.04 with xbmc.
i have tried to reinstall lirc but without success.

can someone help me?

thanks
enrico
Hi
I'm running Mythbuntu 11.04 x86_64 on an Asrock Nettop ION 330HT-BD and try to get it's remote to work.

I get no output when typing "irw" in a console and pressing on the remote (Nuvoton W836x7HG CIR).

I get his output ewhen typing ""dmesg | grep -i nuvoton":

Code:
[   21.180093] input: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0/input4
[   21.180350] rc0: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0
[   21.250249] nuvoton_cir: driver has been successfully loaded

Does someone have a solution? Smile
Enrico and louisdk
You read my message from first page?
hi RusNeuroMancer.
i've set lircd to true, but not answers when typing irw and pressing on the remote.

any solution?

thanks
RusNeuroMancer Wrote:Enrico and louisdk
You read my message from first page?

Yes. I've edited the files that Novin referred to so that they are identical on my system to those he pasted on "Ubuntu paste" including your tip.
There is any messages when you try to stop or start lircd?
root@asrock:/etc/init.d# ./lirc restart
* Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC [fail]
* Loading LIRC modules [ OK ]
* Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC [ OK ]
root@asrock:/etc/init.d# ./lirc stop
* Stopping remote control daemon(s): LIRC [ OK ]
root@asrock:/etc/init.d# ./lirc start
* Loading LIRC modules [ OK ]
* Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC [ OK ]
root@asrock:/etc/init.d# irw
^C
root@asrock:/etc/init.d#

very stange: When the Asrock are turn off, the remote wake up it !!!!!!! but non work anymore
i think the problem is in /dev/lirc0.
I haven't device /dev/lirc0.
djste Wrote:ok.. sorry... when i type dmsg | grep -i nuvoton i have this output:

nuvoton w836x7hg : chip not supported, id 0x63, 0x33

but the chip w836x7hg is supported.. right?

i don't know why the remote doesn't work....

P.s. i have 2.6.38-5 kernel

That chip is a super I/O chip it supports bothe sensors and the consumer infra read found on the Asrock ION HT.

This means two drivers are required one for the Remote and one for the sensors, until recently the sensors part of the chip didnt have a driver now it does. please see it on my signature.
Thanks for help and instructions.
Works great! I'm very happy. After days and days of Googlelling this f***ing Asrock remote issue, it works know.

I've transmitted the link to Asrock, hope they will help others Asrock users...

It's very important to remove asrock's crappy lirc drivers , if not it won't work (yes, i've experienced it... :-| ).
Novin, thank you very much for this nice guide!

I had a strange issue after following it. Lirc worked and at some point stopped (I think after I enabled the nvidia-current drivers).

The /dev/lirc0 device disappeared somehow. dmesg | grep lirc contained the same error messages as in this bug comment:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...omments/41

I removed lirc-modules-source as suggested in the bug report and lirc started working again.
Is there a way to reinstall built-in remote driver? I use tbs dvb-s2 card for watching tv but compiling and installing drivers make built in driver stop working... Kernel 2.6.38-x
Why you try to install driver? It's already part of the kernel.
I use tbs dvb-s2 card for watching tv but compiling and installing drivers for dvb-s card make built in kernel IR driver stop working.
scalpel Wrote:but compiling and installing drivers make built in driver stop working...
Oh, I see... I didn't notice this part first time.

In my opinion there is no external Nuvoton CIR driver for 2.6.38 kernel. Last working driver is for 2.6.35 driver. So probably to get both of Nuvoton CIR and TBS DVB-S2 card working you need to downgrade to 2.6.35 kernel or contact with TBS technical support and ask they resolve issues with their driver, that prevent correct work of built in Nuvoton CIR driver (if I understand you right).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting the Asrock 330HT ir-receiver & remote to work with Ubuntu 11.04 (+XBMC)1