XBMC add-on statistics
Works again, thanks!

Btw. I quickly made a small interactive statistics page to see the downloads of my add-ons: http://s4.ath.cx/xbmc-addons/
I plan to do a real xbmc add-ons statistics website.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Isn't beeing updated since 6 days again Smile
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I just posted it in s small thread about statistics, but maybe it should be better posted here.
(2013-11-20, 18:40)uluana Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 07:40)Martijn Wrote: It is automatic but they are meaningless as it's the sum of all downloads of th addon id ever. Not last version.
Why are these "meaningless" numbers are being used for the new official addon database website? Developing a new website with meaningless information doesnt make much sense to me...
@jmarshall: 2.5 years ago you wrote that there are better statistics available (downloads of the latest version).
Why aren't these more representative numbers are being used for this?

What's with the plan for an advanced addon manager within xbmc btw? With statistics, charts, ratings, categories, ...
Is this still planned and worked on?

If Team-XBMC has no interest (or time) to improve it, it would be nice if you could publish these statistics (like simplestats.xml).
Then, some other community members could work on an advanced addon database website with all kind of information like statistics, charts, ratings, categories, comments, links, ...

There are so many addons available, so i think this would be very useful...
The answer to your question is "when it gets done". Things take time - they rely on people having time to implement things, and when there's no immediate result from it, there's no desire to go out of ones way to make it happen.

Now that we have a big use for the statistics, I'm sure they'll be updated to be a little more useful soon.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

All in good time Wink

Its on the list!
Since some days, the URL of the Add-on simplestats has been moved to a mirror link, which is not longer updated. It sounds like the mirror site isn't running the update process on a daily basis, as it used to do the original URL.

Even if the current statistics corresponds to total download values, it's very valuable (and encouraging) for the Add-on and Script developers, to see how they evolves; that's my personal feeling.

I'm sorry for posting this fact in the Official Add-on Website thread before. I guess it was off-topic there, so after some days, I decided to post it properly on the right thread.

Cheers,
jamontes
Yep I don't think its updating any more...
It's working again! Smile

A thousand thanks!

Cheers,
jamontes
it is not up2date. the file is last change last year december.

i'am very curious what my addons do in the download hits
Me too.

Feedback gives amateur devs like me motivation. And the download to forum response ratio is running around 4000 to 1.
yep we know, its on the list to fix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC add-on statistics0